New Guy Introduction

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

New Guy Introduction

Postby Braidboy on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:15 am

Hello. I'm the new guy.

As Ryan said in his farewell send off, we've known each other for about a decade and have always been pretty good friends. I was always a fan of this strip and when Ryan said he was going to leave it in my hands I nearly shit. It's a scary place to be. I'll do my best not to let him down. I'm me and do things in my own way, but seeing as how I respect Ryan I'll do my best to respect his run on Godmode.

To clear up any confusion Godmode isn't the creation of Ryan or myself. Chris Crosby, Keenspot co-ceo, owns the idea the characters and I'm pretty sure this is all his premise. Ryan was the artist and writer on his run and I'll be filling that role now. It's still Chris Crosby's strip though. Consider him the editor with final say.

Having said that I'm a long time gamer and love making comics. This should be fun.

P.S. Seeing as how Ryan and I are good friends, he'll still be kicking around. When we were talking about me following his run he said he'd still like to do one shots, side stories... things of that nature. So keep an eye out for that.
Last edited by Braidboy on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:32 am

Ahhhh T-Rex cosplay sex.... ya done me proud Raven... ya done me proud!
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:28 pm

159 views and no comments? So I guess people only post on this forum when they think something is bad?
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DaDjango on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:34 pm

I like it.

I've just been waiting on whether I'm still gonna read it or not, since I've had it on my read list for almost year now, new artists can get iffy. But I was pleased with it, impressed from what I had thought might've come up. So, good luck with it. I'll be reading it.
DaDjango
Junior Keenspotter

Postby moorg on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:30 am

Shiroi Kaze wrote:159 views and no comments? So I guess people only post on this forum when they think something is bad?

If you're gonna be like that. :P

*Ahem*

I like the writing for the first couple of strips under the new management. It's seemed like you'd been running low on ideas lately and getting some fresh ideas there is a good thing.

As for the art, I prefer the old art. It's not that the new art is bad. It's that it doesn't really seem "God Mode" to me. It was the art and the absurdity that got me to bookmark this comic. The absurdity is still there thankfully, but it'll take a while to adjust to the new art style, if the art style doesn't adjust to God Mode.
moorg
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Emhilradim on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:41 am

Nah, it's not that I only post when something is wrong or bad. I've just been conflicted. I don't really want the artist to change, and the new style is a little too anime compared to the original format.

Did like the way Marceline was presented today in an at least partially feminine form using a dress, but the thought of a new artist totally scares the crap out of me. Will it continue to be the same strip I began reading back in '05, or has Godmode taken on a new style to go with its new drawn format?
"We're sort of like 7-11, we're not always doing business, but we're always open."
-Murphy MacManus, The Boondock Saints
Emhilradim
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Otaku Son on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:57 pm

so will we get to see nude boobies of the GMO chicks now that we've got a new artist?
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:17 am

Ryan got 6 nipples at once in this comic one time didn't he? ha ha. If Marceline and Tory both got topless at the same time that'd only be 4 so I don't think it's unfair to at least try. I mean, from a sheer numbers stand point anyway.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Otaku Son on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:30 pm

Well there's always Tory's sister, so that'd be six nipples; break even. And then Marcelline's kid sister makes eight nipples.
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby lostinseganet on Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:20 pm

I am liking the stories but I just do not like the drawing style at all. It reminds me of shin chan another cartoon that has interesting stories but terrible drawing. I did not respond when you first started so I could see a few comics, give it a chance, and most topics like this end up being "You dont have to read it no one is forcing you bah blah etc" I just want say that I miss the old drawing style, but I understand the certanstance that the artist left soo..i am trying to get to like your style. So far...
lostinseganet
Junior Keenspotter

Postby infosama on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:56 am

Thanks for coming in to fill the void and sorry to see Ryan go.

Please, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think I can keep reading the comic from here on out. It's nothing against you Raven, but I just can't stand the difference in drawing style just because of continuity. I mean for like a year just been seeing the same artistic style then all of a sudden BAM, it's changed. The way the charachters are drawn just feel too DIFFERENT too ALIEN for me now. Of course, this wouldn't have been a problem if this is how they always were originally, but I just can't get used to it, I've tried. My opinion is probably the minority as most people won't knitpick. Regardless, keep the comic goin Raven! Sorry I can't be there to see it through!
infosama
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:44 am

It's all good. I'm sorry to see ya go, but I understand. Art makes a difference to me on a strip. Ultimates 1 and 2 were drawn by Bryan Hitch. He's a photo realistic kinda guy. Now Joe Mad is taking over for Ultimates 3 and... well, he's wicked, but it just doesn't work for me. So that's ok. I'm the same way. Thanks for trying at least!
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dio on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:06 pm

I read Joystiq, and they have a weekly webcomic overview/summary etc. And that's when I read the current God Mode. I thought it was hilarious. I then decided to read all of it for the past couple of days and I enjoyed it. I like what you have done with the characters, except for Moru.

Moru looks cool here:
http://godmodeonline.com/d/20060717.html

But currently he looks too generic even with his hat of the day. He also looked more mature but has regressed into a little kid. I mean, I know he's a kid but he used to look cooler. He also had bangs.
Aw crap, now I have to really nitpick D: Kraig doesn't look as cool as he used to. Tory's skin is too dark to be tanned and her hair doesn't flair out like it used to. But I'm okay with Alec, Taren, and Marce. I don't think I remember seeing Moru's aunt yet. But I would really like to see their eyes with color.

Also, this is pure gold:
http://godmodeonline.com/d/20070924.html
You know what's great about Firefox? The extensions. So far my favorite is the Adblock Plus, which allows me to ignore images just by right-clicking them. Big image? Gone. Annoying animation? Gone. Yaoi/yuri banner? Hmmm.... Not gone. I actually like those. But that crappy Gundam sig to counter yaoi/yuri? Gone. I'm so happy.
Dio
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Saxboy77 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:45 pm

Wow. I hadn't noticed until I saw this thread (don't frequent the forums much, sorry), but way to call little mac in Smash bros.

He may not be playable, but that's still a damn nice "prediction" :-p
Saxboy77
Junior Keenspotter

Return to God Mode