What's so great about resident evil 4 for pc?

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

What's so great about resident evil 4 for pc?

Postby KingZachery on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:10 pm

That the console version's don't have?
KingZachery
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ten on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:48 pm

There's a nude Ashley hack.
Ten
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:12 am

LOL... well when I had Moru mention it... it's really about what's NOT so great about it. The graphics look worse than the PS2 version, there's no mouse aim, and there's no new content... unfortunately it's just a sloppy cash in port.
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby KingZachery on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:48 am

LOL, I didn't mean to flame, I was genuinely curious. It didn't occur to me until later you might have been bashing it, LMAO.
KingZachery
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MukiSamaEX on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Wow, I can't believe my account's still functional o_o

Anyhoo, yeah, RE4 PC is essentially a crappy port of the PS2 version. Which wouldn't be so bad, but PC video cards have had shader capability since the GeForce 3, and pretty much anything Geforce 4 and up (this was 4 generations or like 2-3 YEARS ago) can easily run a GameCube title at any res the PC needs. Herego it's a bad PC port, which is really sad given how good PC ports have been lately. (Hell, even from CAPCOM, has anyone seen Lost Planet?)

Seriously, it's like releasing an Xbox game and requiring a Direct X 10 card to play it. *cough* (it's Halo fucking 2, 'cause I don't expect anyone, even here, to rummage through all game news all day)
MukiSamaEX
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LOLKERNSSUCKS on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:12 pm

MukiSamaEX wrote:Wow, I can't believe my account's still functional o_o

Anyhoo, yeah, RE4 PC is essentially a crappy port of the PS2 version. Which wouldn't be so bad, but PC video cards have had shader capability since the GeForce 3, and pretty much anything Geforce 4 and up (this was 4 generations or like 2-3 YEARS ago) can easily run a GameCube title at any res the PC needs. Herego it's a bad PC port, which is really sad given how good PC ports have been lately. (Hell, even from CAPCOM, has anyone seen Lost Planet?)

Seriously, it's like releasing an Xbox game and requiring a Direct X 10 card to play it. *cough* (it's Halo fucking 2, 'cause I don't expect anyone, even here, to rummage through all game news all day)

Halo 2 doesn't require a DX10 card. It was put onto Vista as an advertising solution. MS is forcing all recently-released PC games under their control to be on Vista, so they can cash in a little extra. Pretty stupid marketing solution if you ask me, since no one who won't cash into Vista otherwise would care about Halo 2 anyway.
LOLKERNSSUCKS
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:42 am

That's funny... most non-microsoft DX10 games don't force you to upgrade to Vista. Lost Planet runs fine in DX9 on XP.... Crysis will also run in both DX10 or DX9, same for Hellgate London... and Call of Duty 4 isn't using Direct X10 at all.

The only 2 PC games I can think of that force you to use DX10 are Shadowrun and Halo 2... hardly worth the OS upgrade.
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LOLKERNSSUCKS on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:55 pm

again, Halo 2 does not require DX10. it was forced onto Vista as a marketing solution. same with Shadowrun. MS is just doing this because they're a bunch of marketing whores who want to push Vista out there. they make 4 times as much by pushing Vista as they do just by selling a single copy of any game
LOLKERNSSUCKS
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:52 pm

Well DX 10 is required to run Halo 2 and Shadowrun... that's why you're forced to get Vista for those games... but is it really necessary to run those game? Not at all and you're right, it's just a marketing ploy by Microsoft... thankfully the really good PC games coming up though won't be affected by it... unless you really really want to play Gears of War on your PC.
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LOLKERNSSUCKS on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:36 pm

I wouldn't say it's required; it can more or less be patched to run on windows xp with one file
LOLKERNSSUCKS
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to God Mode