The botched joke that didn't get published

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

The botched joke that didn't get published

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:42 am

I didn't mean to call our troops in Iraq stupid... oh wait... no I called my readers spoiled teenagers and twenty something virgins. Behold the God Mode unfit for Keenspot... in all of it's craptastic glory... LOL.

Image
Image
User avatar
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Hawaii

Postby Otaku Son on Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:00 am

I like the Cro High style shading. Not sure if that was intended (or if you even know what Cro High shading looks like) or just happened, but it looks really cool.

I'm surprised how organized the forumers are here. Most forums, if someone bashes the site, everyone jumps on the troll's back. But here, everyone just left the troll alone and let you handle it.

Behold the God Mode unfit for Keenspot
Unfit? I thought Keenspot was an "anything goes" service. -shrug-
User avatar
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.

Postby Spydakween on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:24 pm

I think he's saying that the comic was so lacking in the funny, that he didn't want to post in on the page. I could be wrong.

This makes a LOT more sense after reading the NeoFAG stuff.
Image
User avatar
Spydakween
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:49 am

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:25 pm

Yeah the comic basically didn't run because it's intentionally bad. For the lack of a better term... I tried to "Americanize" God Mode as much as I could. I was actually going for a more Jim Lee 90's marvel comics look... but yeah when you mentioned Chromartie High it's funny that especially Barrett has that look.

Anyway I stand by the decision to not have this comic run... shortly after this there were some trolls here posting obscene pictures that I had to clean up... and I don't want to have to be doing that on a daily basis.
Image
User avatar
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Hawaii

Postby typhonsentra on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:52 pm

Image

Image
typhonsentra
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:37 pm

Postby Crushed on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:27 pm

You guys should activate my account. I registered like a month ago.

Me am cry total.
User avatar
Crushed
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:17 pm

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:06 am

Wow... all of the sudden I don't really feel that bad anymore. I mean I produce three full color strips a week and you've had several weeks to come up with this genius zinger... and we get stick figures and crudely animated poop? I kind of thought these were people that might have some kind of valid opinion... guess I was wrong.
Image
User avatar
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Hawaii

Postby Crushed on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:25 am

Shiroi Kaze wrote:Wow... all of the sudden I don't really feel that bad anymore. I mean I produce three full color strips a week and you've had several weeks to come up with this genius zinger... and we get stick figures and crudely animated poop? I kind of thought these were people that might have some kind of valid opinion... guess I was wrong.


Those images were made about 5 minutes after people found your rebuttal. No one had seen it before.


PS: You're insinuating that Yoshi's Island is "crudely animated" and "stick figures." Same imitation-crayon artstyle.

Oh, and the poop part is a semi-meme from NeoGAF that started back during E3. Someone made some horrible MSPaint stick figure of someone pooping on a PS3. It was so bad that it was hilarious. In that respect, it's better than God Mode.
User avatar
Crushed
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:17 pm

Postby Otaku Son on Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:02 pm

WTF? The edit button linked me to "Quote."
Last edited by Otaku Son on Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.

Postby Otaku Son on Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:08 pm

WTF? The edit button linked me to "Quote."
Last edited by Otaku Son on Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.

Postby Otaku Son on Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:09 pm

WTF? The edit button linked me to "Quote."
Last edited by Otaku Son on Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.

Postby Otaku Son on Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:09 pm

Crushed wrote:Those images were made about 5 minutes after people found your rebuttal. No one had seen it before.
Look on the bright side, Ryan. They hate your site so much that they keep coming back.

zomg amirite

Screwed up logic there.

Oh, by the way, here's another pooping picture.
Image
Courtesy of [url="maddox.xmission.com"]Maddox[/url].
User avatar
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.

Postby Crushed on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:05 pm

Look on the bright side, Ryan. They hate your site so much that they keep coming back.


Actually, it's just one or two guys, and it's only to show people that no matter how bad something is, there's something about 100x worse.


See, there was this custom of posting new VG Cats comics on NeoGAF, and since VG Cats has gone so horribly downhill, people would wonder what the hell Scott Rasoomir is thinking. They'd then Photoshop it into much funnier versions, usually at the expense of Rasoomir.

During one thread, some people decided that, to show that VG Cats' humor hadn't hit rock-bottom, to post God Mode as a comparison. However, no one was prepared; the concept of absolute zero humor was only a theory at the time, and the physical incarnation of it was too much to bear. The entire thread was utterly derailed; an apt term, considering that the comic was an absolute train-wreck.

The more God Modes people posted, the worse the users cried out in agony. Now, people can't even bother Photoshopping VG Cats anymore, because they know that those threads will only lead to the posting of God Mode, which drains all funny from the thread.

Heck, every time someone posts God Mode, there are about a half-dozen calls for making it a bannable, if not permabannable, offense. Today it is considered to be the electronic form of chlorine gas: a dirty weapon designed towards the killing of innocents in the worst way possible.



Oh, and by the way, going onto NeoGAF and saying that Halo is the best game ever will get you killed. And I should point out that most people on NeoGAF would never use the word "Japafaggotry." That was wrong. "Making fun of Americans because anime told you/believing that you're Japanese/using generic anime-influenced artstyle/acting as if Japan is superior just because," is more accurate.

Nothing against anime, but there comes a time (usually around puberty) when you realize that 80% of anime is pure derivative schlock that falls into boring, tedious, played-out genres, with absolutely no deviation from the predictable plots and characters. Just because it has blue hair and shiny large eyes and tiny mouths doesn't mean it's good. Just because a word is in Japanese doesn't mean it's automatically cool to say or makes you funny. Just because the silly boy falls down after the girl with flaming eyes and a large cross-shaped vein on her forehead knocks him over, it doesn't mean that it's still funny after you've seen it 2,238,4834 times in 3,488 different animes.
User avatar
Crushed
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:17 pm

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:13 pm

Nah it's the internet... people are going to complain about things no matter what. Although it was kind of odd when I visited the thread they were posting comics with running gags like Mari, etc... that yeah make no sense if you hadn't read the earlier comics. It's like judging a book by reading chapter 3 and skipping the rest... but hey more power to you guys.

I mean if you're going to make insinuations that compare your "comic" that was done in 5 minutes in MS paint to Yoshi's Island... well you guys must have some pretty hefty egos over there.

I apologize for nothing... God Mode is what it is... if you don't like it, you certainly don't have to read it... there's thousands of others who read it on a daily basis.
Image
User avatar
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Hawaii

Postby Otaku Son on Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:44 am

I'm just wondering what Crush is trying to accomplish, trying to defend his group of 'Netards and explain their behavior to people who don't give a damn.

I think I stopped reading his post somewhere in the middle of the second paragraph. Is there truly anyone who bothered to read that entire thing? Or did he just waste his time spewing crap that no one cares for?
User avatar
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.

Re: The botched joke that didn't get published

Postby LOLKERNSSUCKS on Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:30 pm

Shiroi Kaze wrote:I didn't mean to call our troops in Iraq stupid... oh wait... no I called my readers spoiled teenagers and twenty something virgins. Behold the God Mode unfit for Keenspot... in all of it's craptastic glory... LOL.

Image


you know, you don't have to read posts people make on other boards either, so why are you bitching? and you seem to suffer from borderline-personality disorder, since you seem to think the only people who hate weeaboos are rednecks. In reality, the majority of the people who hate weeaboos (at least on the internet) are people who hate Halo and rednecks even more. These people aren't necessarily generic trolls who hate everything, but the fact that the first anyone saw of your comic was a horribly unfunny joke that pasted sonyfaggotry onto an idiot bully and nintendofaggotry onto an annoying little kid who makes a nonsense pun and his friend who shouts Japanese phrases that don't mean anything and literally hurt to see. Fact is, you just aren't funny, and all the crazy wannabe-manga crap you paste onto your comic just makes it painfully on an extra level. You are the kind of person who posts on YouTube videos for "internet sensations" saying "LOL" to whatever it may be despite a clear lack of humor.
LOLKERNSSUCKS
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:15 pm

Postby moorg on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:51 am

you know, you don't have to read posts people make on other boards either


Back at ya.

that don't mean anything and literally hurt to see.


Says the person who coins the term "weeaboos".
moorg
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:24 am

Postby LOLKERNSSUCKS on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:44 pm

moorg wrote:
you know, you don't have to read posts people make on other boards either


Back at ya.

that don't mean anything and literally hurt to see.


Says the person who coins the term "weeaboos".


I don't defend bitching as an art form.

And I didn't "coin" weeaboo, nor did anyone else. It's a nonsense word that Nicholas Gurewitch used in PBF (see: well-drawn webcomics that have amazingly intelligent and enjoyable punchlines) that ended up as a noun for Wapanese. If they "hurt you to see" then you're just being a little pussy who can't stand to be made fun of for what he is: an anime-lover who doesn't know how to integrate escapism into his life to the point where it doesn't harm his social life. It's a specific word, and it's by no means a stupid or meaningless word. Reciting "Peter Piper pilfered a pack of PSPs" makes no fucking sense whatsoever, and the fact that it's delivered as a punchline hurts on so many levels.
LOLKERNSSUCKS
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:15 pm

Postby moorg on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:59 pm

I'm familiar with the Perry Bible Fellowship. Had it bookmarked for years, from the old site to the new.

I'm also familiar with how 4Channers have taken that word as their own, giving it their own meaning, when once it had none.

As you said yourself, weeaboo was a nonsense word. And yet you use it in a context, where it has none.

In the quote I cited before you you accused someone else of saying/typing something that "doesn't mean anything" and tried to but in context. And I was merely pointing out that you did exactly the same thing.

See where I'm coming from?

It was more a shot at the 4Chan mentality, or lack thereof. They are the bane of intelligence on the internet.
moorg
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:24 am

Postby LOLKERNSSUCKS on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:56 pm

moorg wrote:I'm familiar with the Perry Bible Fellowship. Had it bookmarked for years, from the old site to the new.

I'm also familiar with how 4Channers have taken that word as their own, giving it their own meaning, when once it had none.

As you said yourself, weeaboo was a nonsense word. And yet you use it in a context, where it has none.

In the quote I cited before you you accused someone else of saying/typing something that "doesn't mean anything" and tried to but in context. And I was merely pointing out that you did exactly the same thing.

See where I'm coming from?

It was more a shot at the 4Chan mentality, or lack thereof. They are the bane of intelligence on the internet.


First of all, even in context, that "joke" had no punchline. It just sucked. Weeaboo, not so much. Anyone with half a brain can look at Urbandictionary.com and find its definition. And it makes sense, too. When you see a psuedo-manga drawing of a little girl with broken English who spews Japanese phrases and is supposed to contribute to the punch line (which I still to this day can't find), you can't help but think that the artist/writer just likes to spew that crap out for the novelty of it, the very definition of a weeaboo.

Second of all, contrary to popular belief, 4Chan is not a place of immense stupidity, or at least it wasn't before. Because of dumbasses flooding in recently and not lurking and just reciting everything they see, yeah, it's become pretty fucking stupid. You can blame ebaumsworld and Gaia, and soon Keenspot, no doubt, for flooding those kinds of idiots in and lowering the collective IQ of the imageboard. The real 4chan is people who are in one way or another moderately functional, if a little detached from society, highly cynical and in the upper echelon of moderate thinking. The person that visits 4chan is the kind of person who can willingly accept that he has to be a decent person to be accepted in real life, but on this magical anonymous board, be can be the biggest douchebag outside of Kerns' fans' pants. It's an outlet, not for people who like to continuously spew shit out and annoy others as they go on in life, but for people who would like a little relaxation time to do that with no actual consequence. It's the one place where it's okay to hate everything, because everyone hates something or wants to.
LOLKERNSSUCKS
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:15 pm

Postby Otaku Son on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:30 am

Hey, LOLKERNSSUCKS, are you by chance that Master Troll faggot who posts guro on 4chan? Just wondering since you seem to know quite a lot about the inner workings of people who visit 4chan and are douchebags.
User avatar
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.

Postby Tensu of the moon on Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:21 pm

lolkernsucks, while the comic dose use crude humor, given your language and general making a compleate jerk out of yourself, you are in no position to be preaching to anyone.

if you truly think that this isn't funny, keep in mind that others get the humor, or at least are entertained in some other way, be it news and satires of vedio games and thier development, or more... perverse reasons. to each, his own.

from my point of veiw, you are a sad little creature who channels his hatered at anyone he finds to make up for the fact that he lacks the ingunuity, creativity, and talent to suceed at anything other than makeig a fool of himself on internet forums. if this is incorrect, by all means prove me wrong.

if you can't because all you have in life is a handfull of links and an urbanized vocabulary, then I rest my case.
forgive my atrioucious spelling.

reads: goblins, bruno the bandit, antihero for hire, darken, banished!, elf only inn, comic i refuse to mention as part of a protest of the belittleing and demeaning use of the word God.

Quote-"let's face it, sci-fi and fantasy fans love to complain about works of fiction. I know I do"-Tarol Hunt

oh, and in case you where wondering, there is a God.
Tensu of the moon
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Nixa MO

Postby JONJONAUG on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:34 am

LOLKERNSSUCKS wrote:Second of all, contrary to popular belief, 4Chan is not a place of immense stupidity, or at least it wasn't before. Because of dumbasses flooding in recently and not lurking and just reciting everything they see, yeah, it's become pretty fucking stupid. You can blame ebaumsworld and Gaia, and soon Keenspot, no doubt, for flooding those kinds of idiots in and lowering the collective IQ of the imageboard. The real 4chan is people who are in one way or another moderately functional, if a little detached from society, highly cynical and in the upper echelon of moderate thinking. The person that visits 4chan is the kind of person who can willingly accept that he has to be a decent person to be accepted in real life, but on this magical anonymous board, be can be the biggest douchebag outside of Kerns' fans' pants. It's an outlet, not for people who like to continuously spew shit out and annoy others as they go on in life, but for people who would like a little relaxation time to do that with no actual consequence. It's the one place where it's okay to hate everything, because everyone hates something or wants to.


I might not agree with your points on the comic (I quite like this comic, it's not the best video game comic ever but it certainly isn't the piece of shit that you make it out to be), but I do agree with your stance on 4chan. 4chan isn't as bad as everyone seems to make it out to be, that's mostly /b/. The rest of it has the fanboys, trolls, annoyances, and regular civil people that you'd find on any average message board (hell, a couple of the boards on 4chan, like /m/, are more civil and well-behaved than most message boards).
A mini-skirt is like a barbed wire fence. It protects the property without obstructing the view.

My YouTube profile, has very few videos becasue those dicks at YouTube disabled my account AGAIN and I had to get a new one AGAIN
Image
User avatar
JONJONAUG
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 3305
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:32 pm
Location: New Jersey, using my Wii

Postby LOLKERNSSUCKS on Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:16 am

Tensu of the moon wrote:lolkernsucks, while the comic dose use crude humor, given your language and general making a compleate jerk out of yourself, you are in no position to be preaching to anyone.

if you truly think that this isn't funny, keep in mind that others get the humor, or at least are entertained in some other way, be it news and satires of vedio games and thier development, or more... perverse reasons. to each, his own.

from my point of veiw, you are a sad little creature who channels his hatered at anyone he finds to make up for the fact that he lacks the ingunuity, creativity, and talent to suceed at anything other than makeig a fool of himself on internet forums. if this is incorrect, by all means prove me wrong.

if you can't because all you have in life is a handfull of links and an urbanized vocabulary, then I rest my case.


haha, I LOVE internet toughguys. they always make me laugh my ass off. what I love even more is that you can't grasp that someone can be completely functional and accomplished in life yet take 15 minutes out of every day to go onto a public domain and call people out on their overinflated egos and lack of taste in their free time.
LOLKERNSSUCKS
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:15 pm

Postby Tensu of the moon on Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:44 pm

I don't think you understand.

I'm not trying to be a tough guy.

overinflated ego? look who's talking! no one agrees with you, you treat other people like slime, I've never seen you say anything nice to anyone, and time and time again you manage to bypass my point compleately by acting like some kind of hero. and yet, you claim to be a functional, compitent person.

in short, you are a hypoocryite, now shut up.

I repeat: either get off your high horse and act like a civil, intelligent person, or admit you arn't one and shut up.
forgive my atrioucious spelling.

reads: goblins, bruno the bandit, antihero for hire, darken, banished!, elf only inn, comic i refuse to mention as part of a protest of the belittleing and demeaning use of the word God.

Quote-"let's face it, sci-fi and fantasy fans love to complain about works of fiction. I know I do"-Tarol Hunt

oh, and in case you where wondering, there is a God.
Tensu of the moon
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Nixa MO

 
Next

Return to God Mode

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron