Enchanted Arms

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

Enchanted Arms

Postby LumduL on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:49 am

Anyone else played this game? I was in the mood for a simple, linear RPG, but I've actually logged ~30 well spent hours in this game.

It is so cheesey and moral-driven in the beginning which makes me think Ryan might have tried it and cast it aside. However, there is some hilarious off color stuff in the last half of the game..

-a reference to a ~13 year old girl's panties being cute
-the main character theorizing a conversation with a mouse for four dialogues
-gay references
-sexual inuendo coming out their ears
-a town leader readily using and elaborating upon his whore house

I swear it feels like the game designers decided that the game was not worth their effort once they had made ~33%, so they stopped editing dialogue and just tossed as many contemporary faux pas's as they could.

Lastly, I have to say that I laughed until it hurt when I realized the pun: Enchanted Arms. So... unbelieveably... cheesey... it hurts!
Wish I was a SexyLoser.
LumduL
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Otaku Son on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:12 am

That's a shame. If it's that bad, I might wait to buy it until it gets to $20, if I buy it at all. Thanks for saving me $40.
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LumduL on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:25 pm

I finished it this weekend on my second rental ($12 total). Game clear time: 36 hours. My completion percentages for most of the game content were >90%, too. Not too interesting for replay-ability. The ending sequence was hilarious though... 6 bosses back to back and you have to win them all.
Wish I was a SexyLoser.
LumduL
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to God Mode