What games are you currently playing?

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

What games are you currently playing?

Postby LumduL on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:35 am

What games and/or what system are you currently playing?

At the moment I am involved with Chromehounds on XBOX360. 150 hours logged, so far with no imminent end in sight.
Wish I was a SexyLoser.
LumduL
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:15 am

I'm almost done with Dragon Quest 8, I've been playing it over the summer and really enjoyed it... the game has a bit of a Chrono Trigger feel to it. Although I heard it has 2 endings though so I guess there's still a lot more left I have to complete... Level 5 is a great developer though, I'll probably get Rogue Galaxy when it comes out. The next RPG I'll probably start playing is Disgaea 2 though.

I just got my hands on Okami and it's drop dead gorgeous, I definitely want to make time to play it this weekend... and yeah I'm a sucker and got KOF 2006, since they did keep in the Japanese voices this time I didn't bother with the import. I'm not sure if I want Yakuza or not... for long time readers you might remember in the game of the year comic Moru listed Ryu ga Gotoku as his favorite game.... and that it would never come out here... well that's Yakuza... LOL.

On PC I'm playing Call of Juarez, it's a port of an X-box game I think. The game has horrendous load times... like over 5 minutes to load a level... but it looks great and does a lot of different things for an FPS. It's western, there's stealth missions, you use a whip... etc... but overall I think Gun was a more enjoyable Western game. I'm also playing Flatout 2, it's improved over the first game but still doesn't quite reach the level of the Burnout series... good soundtrack though.

and then lastly on DS when I'm on the go I have Mario Hoops 3on3... which is far better than I had expected... using the touch pad to control your dribbling is just genius although passing is kind of innacurate and the AI is kind of dumb. I was hoping since SquareEnix was making the game they'd put in Mario RPG characters... but alas there are none. :( You can unlock a Moogle though which is kind of cool....

I probably won't get a 360 until the big Mistwalker games come out. When I was in Japan I visited Feel Plus, which is the studio that's making Lost Odyssey and got to see the game first hand... it's absolutely gorgeous. Lost Planet from Capcom also has me interested in the system.... but I'm probably going to buy a Wii first and then a 360 sometime next year when the Mistwalker games hit US shores... although I have to say I don't really like the character designs in Blue Dragon, Toriyama's Dragon Quest 8 designs blow them out of the water.
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jetblack21 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:50 am

I'm playing GTA: Sand Andreas and Evil Dead: Regeneration.
Boom Bam as I step in the jam, God damn!
Jetblack21
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LumduL on Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:55 am

What systems are those for?
Wish I was a SexyLoser.
LumduL
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Azegoroth on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:52 am

Speaking of level 5: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/whiteknightstory/index.html

White knight story, watch the trailer... *Drool*
The only downside, ps3 only :/
Now, see, I had an avatar, but it was too big for this forum(2 kb, bah!). But I'm too bloody lazy to make it smaller.
Azegoroth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jetblack21 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:51 am

LumduL wrote:What systems are those for?

They are for the ps2.
Boom Bam as I step in the jam, God damn!
Jetblack21
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to God Mode