Discuss today's comic: The Saga Continues

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

Postby Cronosonic on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:39 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, why must the power of Saikyo lose?

Meh, at least the Akuma cosplayer wins. *Puts up a sign saying "Kick your mom's ass, Moru!" For the next fight*
Cronosonic
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Giby on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:09 pm

Marceline is the epitome of evil. A crazy bitch. blood hungry maniac. She will not lose. She will get revenge for the Saikyo nation.
Giby
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DJ Zephyr on Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:46 am

Is that Okage I see?
DJ Zephyr
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Cronosonic on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:35 pm

Oh, dear GOD. Someone has entered the battle with a Gill cosplay! Whoever it is, he's gonna fight with Gill's cheapness and SNK Boss Syndrome... Ness.
Last edited by Cronosonic on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cronosonic
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Giby on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:02 pm

It had to be the coffee machine. :lol:
Giby
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Braidboy on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:33 am

I don't know why I ever 'get so busy I miss a few strips'. I come back and we've got 2D fighting game inspired combat? Such is the greatness.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Toninho 3rd on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:57 am

OMG! i just hope is a Midnight Blissed Gill cosplay!

(for those who might not know, Midnight Bliss is a move peformed by the Vampire Demitri from the Fighting Game series Darstalkers, where Demitri transforms men into women and women into more hotter women. most of the time.)
Toninho 3rd
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Cronosonic on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:44 am

"I wanted an Ohagi, not an Oyaji!"

Oyaji = Father. I laugh. Yay for dramatic battle against Gill! Who isn't a god, just a genetically enhanced bastard who seems like a god. Akuma got in a Shun Goku Satsu on him once, but Gill survived because of his really cheap resurrection ability. BEAT THE BASTARD!
Cronosonic
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Otaku Son on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:28 am

Cronosonic wrote:Oyaji = Father.
Uh...nan? Last I checked, "Tousan" is father. I figured Oyaji was just the name of Marceline's father.
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:03 am

Well just like in English we have papa, dad, pops, and other expressions for father... it's the same in Japanese. Oyaji is an expression commonly used for father... made particularly popular by one Dan Hibiki. ;)

Ohagi by the way is a Japanese desert... you know Dieter has that sweet tooth.
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Braidboy on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:01 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.............. What happened? You took away my bra stuffing! Seriously... Wha happened?
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Iron Cross on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:23 am

Rather ominous... What's up?
[ Feed the Pedants ]
Iron Cross
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:38 am

The numbers just haven't been good enough lately.... sooooo I have to make the comic less niche and try to appeal to a wider audience. It's back to the core seven and no more insider jokes... kind of a like a fresh starting point for anyone new to the comic.

Of course if the numbers don't improve.... I just go back to crazy random shit. :D
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ten on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Bra stuffing? Does this explain why a 4-year old had breasts?
Ten
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Otaku Son on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:08 pm

Do numbers really matter, though? I'm not quite sure why you care about how many people read your comic, unless Keenspot has some kind of contract that states x number of readers must read your comic if you want it to stay up. You should always do things like this for yourself, because if you're not having fun, then what's the point? This is a hobby, not a job.
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:09 am

Ah so. I see. I understand. Numbers DO totally affect your actions on an online strip. Ah well. Maybe you could do some roughs of where you were going to toss a bone to those enjoying the direction. Just roughs ya know? I know you're busy so don't sweat it. Just a cool idea.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DJ Zephyr on Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:02 am

Eh? Sonic going down the gutter... Ryan not to really criticize you too much, but people believed that when sonic Nextgen/06 came out, with so many glitches... then Secret rings came out, and people loved it... I've played both myself, and well Secret Rings is sorta back to the old formula with Sonic on rails...

I almost consider it a half revival so far... Secret Rings made me give the Sonic series another chance...
DJ Zephyr
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Cronosonic on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:43 pm

I'm pretty sure Secret Rings got Sonic out of the wreckage that was his previous 3D outings. That's one bloody good game. And it's actually selling very well, unlike Sonic Next-Gen (With utterly terrible sales), which probably will force Sega to actually get the message this time around.
Cronosonic
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:06 pm

Don't worry about criticism... I mean that's the point of the forum, to have open discussion. I'm not sold on Secret Rings... to me it's sort of like Tomb Raider Legend, it's a step in the right direction, but the game is just too short and still doesn't surpass the earlier games... the cut scenes are just down right lazy... as well as a lot of other flaws.

The problem isn't so much Sega... it's Sonic Team. Sonic Rush is still the best Sonic game in recent history to me... tight controls and lots of speed. Secret Rings doesn't have the precision twitch control that made the old Sonic games great... but yeah it's far better than Sonic Team's last couple attempts at Sonic titles.
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cronosonic on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Yeah... I should have said Sonic Team instead, but Sega's in charge of them, so they should pressure them to make the games better. Considering this is Yojiro Ogawa's second 3D Sonic game since Sonic Adventure, not to mention his other projects have turned out quite nice, if he continued to work on future Sonic games, things are going to get even better, methinks. He's not the one programming, after all, but I'm surprised Sonic Team actually did a decent job with the programming and whatnot, after the glitchy mess that was Next-Gen.

Oh, and the cutscenes, lazy?!? They fit very nicely, and are rather well-done. Shame about some of the voices, but the option to switch to Japanese voices is a Godsend. I didn't know Erazor's seiyū also did Hohenheim in Fullmetal Alchemist! His preformance in this game was far more convincing than his Enlgish counterpart, mostly in the ending sequence.
Cronosonic
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Hyperfludd on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:34 am

Personaly, I enjoyed SATSR, I dub it the best game for the Wii out. (TP does not count since it's a cube port)

Did you managed to get a good skill combonations?

Warp Start+Skills=MINDNUMBINGSPEED
Hyperfludd
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DJ Zephyr on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Add wind crest to that... 4x the original game starting speed... there's also the hyper skills... Sand Oasis is amazing... Pirate Storm pisses me off though...

"WHOO HOO HYPER SKILLS- *falls in water*"

Also there are skills to tighten the control, you knew that, right Ryan?
DJ Zephyr
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:03 am

bwa ha ha ha. That poor bald bastard. Well played.

I will say though that if Treasure wants a game that needs XBOX LIVE support bad it's Guardian Heroes. My God that's all the sequel I need for that game. I read ninja turtles arcade is getting LIVE support so it's a natch for the king of multi player side scrolling beat 'em ups to get in on it. Ah well.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Otaku Son on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:58 pm

Hey, Ryan, you still never answered my question about why you care about numbers.
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Well it's not so much what I care... it's what Keenspot cares... afterall I'm not the creator or owner of this comic.
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to God Mode