Discuss today's comic: The Saga Continues

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

Postby Sour Oblivion on Thu May 24, 2007 11:54 pm

Wednesday's strip is indeed an accurate representation of the expectations surrounding vs. the reality of the Halo 3 multiplayer beta.

I've watched an HD Halo 3 multiplayer beta documentary video (an official video release from Bungie in which staffers discuss different aspects of the multiplayer mode) and I was seriously unimpressed. To me, it looks like Halo 2 with sharper textures. It seems as though there was more of a graphical leap from Halo to Halo 2 than from Halo 2 to Halo 3.

No wonder a developer at game studio Free Radical (best known for the Timesplitters series) is verbally bashing Bungie for their lackluster efforts. In an interview with Xbox 360 World magazine (UK), Derek Littlewood (creative lead on their newest project called Haze) said the following:

I kinda feel like Halo 3 is still stuck in the last gen; they're all about wrapping up the trilogy and delivering the same old Halo gameplay...

Mr. Littlewood went on to say:

...Our lead artist really isn't a Halo fan. Which is pretty good because it means there's no way he'd rest until he was sure Haze was absolutely going to blow Halo 3 out of the water. And you know what? I think he's done it too!

As a person who has been waiting for the release of Halo 3 to get a 360, I actually feel a little let down by Bungie. Three years in development and all they can show us is what amounts to an enhanced Halo 2? I hate to say this, but I think Microsoft should have put pressure on Bungie to make Halo 3 as graphically amazing as possible, especially when Microsoft first noticed how incredible Gears of War was going to look. After all, Halo 3 is supposed to be the 360's flagship game.

Since we're so close to the end of the game's development, I'll be very surprised if it ends up looking much better by its September launch date. In all fairness, I play Halo games primarily for the awesome gameplay, but it still bothers me that Bungie hasn't fully made the transition to this hardware generation.
Sour Oblivion
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Fri May 25, 2007 3:24 pm

The really funny thing is that you know even with the lackluster graphics, the game will sell millions and probably surpass the Halo 2 sales.

For anyone wonder why no strip today, I'm switching over to a 2 a week schedule for the time being... it seems my work as a photographer is in higher demand over the summer and I really focus on making 2 good strips a week rather than 3 mediocre ones.
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Otaku Son on Wed May 30, 2007 9:11 am

I dunno. Right now it looks like we've got no strips per week.
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

I agree

Postby LumduL on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:11 pm

I am starting to suffer withdrawl from Lack of godmod3! I feel the urge to get sunlight and exercise! Please help me Ryan! I n33d a fix, b4d.
Wish I was a SexyLoser.
LumduL
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Otaku Son on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:40 am

Now we've got "guest strips" that are actally real God Mode comics, just redrawn and given crappy grammar. "lording it is 'power cord superiority'?"
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Shiroi Kaze on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:26 pm

Sorry guys, I've been VERY busy with my photography and a print project at the moment... but I've got 2 weeks worth of strips drawn now... but expect a major announcement after this strips run.
Shiroi Kaze
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Teamgiza on Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:16 am

Shiroi Kaze wrote:but expect a major announcement after this strips run.
*gulp* That doesn't sound good.
Teamgiza
Keenspot Despot

Postby Otaku Son on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:14 pm

So, yeah, we don't know what happened here.There was supposed to be two weeks worth of comics, but we only got one week. And there's nothing in the blog nor the forum about what's going on.
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AKeenGuy on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:59 pm

Meh. I don
AKeenGuy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Toninho 3rd on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:59 am

i liked the new style and the strips so far, but i just have one small observation: shouldn't be Barret the Capcom 2D fanatic? he is the one who is eagerly wating for SF4, not Kraig.
Toninho 3rd
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:49 am

Toninho:

Glad you're diggin' the strip still.

It's less that Kraig is anticipating SF4 so much as he sees that as the latest in a series of questionable choices capcom has made lately (fool that he is, he believes it's personal). So to try and make his point he uses that as the strong point for his argument.

You're right on the money. Barret is the bigger fan so you can expect me to probably give this topic another strip.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tensu of the moon on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:38 am

[quote="Sour Oblivion"]I play Halo games primarily for the awesome gameplay[/quote]

:lol: lol :lol:

you're really funny! a few more like that and you could be a stand up comic!

oh wait, were you serious!?

oh well, to each his own, I guess...

*snicker*[/b]
forgive my atrioucious spelling.

reads: goblins, bruno the bandit, antihero for hire, darken, banished!, elf only inn, comic i refuse to mention as part of a protest of the belittleing and demeaning use of the word God.

Quote-"let's face it, sci-fi and fantasy fans love to complain about works of fiction. I know I do"-Tarol Hunt

oh, and in case you where wondering, there is a God.
Tensu of the moon
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ten on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:39 pm

WITH YOU'RE POWERS COMBINED, I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!
Ten
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Strider M on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Yo! I'm enjoying this Comic you're doing.. Watching Kojima roll away from someone was seriously funny!

And I thought of this type of Resident Evil Senario as well... Except it was just a black guy fighting a bunch of white Zombies...

I'm a Black Guy and I didn't find RE5 insulting... I guess it's because I know why they're all after Chris... and actually I'm more impressed...

Their tactics seem more violent and they appear to be more organized than the people in RE4.... But I'm sure it's like this because the mechanics in RE5 were much better than 4...

Anyway Keep up the good work! And make a comic about How Barret can stay alive from being exploded and shot at by that coffee maker and falling of a cliff and unable to give Anyone AIDS because he got a wish from that Game Genie.
Strider M
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Strider M on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:22 am

That was awesome! I was looking forward to seeing the Game Genie again! Good Job!

Careful what you wish for Kid... Well atleast his mom didn't feel the pain of being decapitated... lol
Strider M
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ovi on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:15 pm

Hee hee. Cool Strip.
But there is a little mistake.

God is written with two t. In german the language.

"Gott im Himmel"
ovi
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:33 am

Ovi: Oops! Thanks. I had the worst time tracking down accurate german spellings for the few real german words I used.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ovi on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:45 am

No problem, if I can help. I will.
Iam german and if i can help you for some translations, ask me.
ovi
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:39 am

Hey hey, Make some noise, girls and boys. Let's hear some chatter, batter.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Strider M on Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:46 pm

H to the E to the R to the O!
and here comes the Hero OH! Here he goes!

Everything's lookin' good here though.... I'm like waiting for some more game references to appear... I don't wanna make suggestions lol

Oh I also noticed that you make Marceline a bit more mischevious when Ryan made her look Evil...

Don't get me wrong. I understand she gets her joy from giving other people pain... But seeing he smile seems kinda weird.... (Joy? Marcy Vs. The Joy?)

If I ever saw her smile I thought she was going to pull a Mortal Kombat Fatality on ya...
Strider M
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Giby on Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:00 am

I'm digging the comic so far. It took me a while to get used to seeing the characters in your art style, but I really like it so far. The 'Ted the Retard' strip was great. The morphball strip was also a good one.
Giby
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tensu of the moon on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:32 am

THE PLANETEERS ARE A WITCH CULT!

witches:
a. worship a nature or fertality deity from a pagan religion (Gaia)
b. practice magic (the rings)
c. summon spirits/famillurs/demons (captain planet?)

I would burn them, but that would put excess greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
forgive my atrioucious spelling.

reads: goblins, bruno the bandit, antihero for hire, darken, banished!, elf only inn, comic i refuse to mention as part of a protest of the belittleing and demeaning use of the word God.

Quote-"let's face it, sci-fi and fantasy fans love to complain about works of fiction. I know I do"-Tarol Hunt

oh, and in case you where wondering, there is a God.
Tensu of the moon
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Giby on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:24 pm

A clown that goes around raping people. I love you Raven :)
Giby
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Braidboy on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:48 am

Giby: The ted the tard strip was based on a real story. I'm amazed at people sometimes. Glad you're diggin' the comic! Keep readin'!
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Otaku Son on Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:05 am

"That's my games[sic] name"? More than one game?
Otaku Son
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to God Mode