A Soft Reboot.

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

A Soft Reboot.

Postby Mike Rosenzweig on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:21 pm

So, hi! I'm Mike Rosenzweig, the new co-writer and artist of God Mode. (The rest of the "staff" is Jason Swoboda and Coleen Allen, co-writer and colorist respectively). I write and draw EVERYTHING JAKE, which is ongoing (at everythingjake.com). I previously did HALF-ASSED and BRADLEY STAR, of which are ended (and can be found at halfassedcomic.com and bradletstar.com). I also write THE FIRST DAUGHTER for Keenspot under their mobile comics label (available on Comixology).

What I'm going to do here is press reset on the comic. SOFTLY. Meaning, I'm not changing who the characters are, or what they do, I'm just, um, STARTING OVER. You'll see on Monday what I mean. I totally respect what everyone did before me with these characters, but this is my God Mode now, and I'm gonna do it my way (with plenty of dick and fart jokes, so fans of dick and fart jokes rejoice).

If you like LOST, think of it as this is the Sideways story and the island NEVER existed. If you don't like LOST, I just spoiled the beginning of Season 6 for you, sorry.

So here's a fresh start for our friends at God Mode online. Hope you enjoy!
Mike R
EverythingJake.com
GodModeonline.com
Mike Rosenzweig
Keenspot Despot

Re: A Soft Reboot.

Postby GUIGUI on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Does that mean all the feud between Marceline and her father never happened and that the wedding plan between Barret and Tory simply cease to exist?
Give the french fries back to Belgium!
GUIGUI
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no it's not the france, trust me)

Postby Enigma316 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:24 pm

I second that, i REALLY wanna see the end of Barrett & Tory's relationship
Enigma316
Junior Keenspotter

Postby GUIGUI on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:40 am

Enigma316 wrote:I second that, i REALLY wanna see the end of Barrett & Tory's relationship

Why is that?
GUIGUI
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no it's not the france, trust me)

Postby Mike Rosenzweig on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 am

No, guys, all that stuff obviously happened. I'm not going to take away from what anyone else did. I'm just starting over with the characters and they will have no memories of what happened before. If you want to know how things turn out with Barrett and Tory, you should ask Raven or Ryan, it was their storyline. I would assume they live happily ever after and have a lot of tan babies with no hair, but that's just my assumption.
Mike R
EverythingJake.com
GodModeonline.com
Mike Rosenzweig
Keenspot Despot

Postby GUIGUI on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Well, those two things were the only real ones plot developments that actually happened so far, anyway.

As long as there is good Videogame jokes...

One thing tough, Broderick still IS and MUST REMAIN a Robot!
GUIGUI
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mike Rosenzweig on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Yeah, sure, you can pretend he's a robot all you want.
Mike R
EverythingJake.com
GodModeonline.com
Mike Rosenzweig
Keenspot Despot

Postby swobobafett on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Hey, I'm Jason Swoboda, the other guy. I'm responsible for all the fart jokes. If you don't find something funny in the strip, that's Mike's fault. :D

In all seriousness, I'm psyched for this opportunity and thanks to Mike for bringing me along. And thanks to Chris for creating Godmode!
swobobafett
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Tulus on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:44 am

I was so overjoyed by this decision to do another reboot, that I just HAD to register here.

A curious question though: Are you planning on bringing Alec back? And will you've some subplots or storylines? The main thing that bothered me with Adis was that all the comics seemed to be stand alones. :)

The drawing style looks amazing. Of course I'd prefer Ryan's, but that's due to the "I HATE CHANGES OMGWTF" ways of thinking. Pardon. :nervous: I will look forward to more comics of you guys.
Tulus
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mike Rosenzweig on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:32 am

Thanks Tulus! We will be doing storylines, and we will be bringing Alec back (sort of).

My art is more realistic than anyone else before me, so if you're used to the cartoony art, the new look may take some getting used to... :)
Mike R
EverythingJake.com
GodModeonline.com
Mike Rosenzweig
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aitherion on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 am

Wow. I actually laughed at God Mode for the first time in years.

This is already better than Adis.
Aitherion
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Tulus on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Hah, great. I really loved this Mondays and I hope you get more comfortable with drawing it. It seems like you'll need a tad time to get used to the characters.

Another curious question: If/when you get time, will you also redo the cast section? :)
Tulus
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mike Rosenzweig on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:32 pm

No one else re-did the cast section when they took over so at the moment, I don't see the need to.
Mike R
EverythingJake.com
GodModeonline.com
Mike Rosenzweig
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aitherion on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:30 am

Mike Rosenzweig wrote:No one else re-did the cast section when they took over so at the moment, I don't see the need to.

That's because Raven and Adis were both lazy people :(
Aitherion
Junior Keenspotter

Postby PasKarma on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Long time reader of god mode here, never really felt the urge to register, but today I found a reason to. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed god mode, no offense to Adis, but his style was in complete conflict with what made the other versions of god mode funny, in my opinion at least. All previous artists I thought did an amazing job, and recently when I logged onto the site (if I logged on), I would read the new comics by Adis, sigh, then go to the archive and re-read the old God Mode.

I just want to congratulate the new artists/writers, I'm really looking forward to logging into God Mode on a regular basis again. Even though it's only a couple comics in, it's in the right direction. I'm really looking forward to your take on the God Mode cast and story, and I have to also say, I enjoy the art style a lot so far as well. I think I speak for a lot of God Mode readers when I say God Mode needed a restart, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Cheers.
PasKarma
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mike Rosenzweig on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Thanks Pas, and welcome!
Mike R
EverythingJake.com
GodModeonline.com
Mike Rosenzweig
Keenspot Despot

Postby CapnWellpoint on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey guys. Marceline could probably just, you know, stab people. It's a comic - there aren't going to be any consequences for her actions. Why bother with pointless, empty rage threats when you can just cut fools and laugh about how much of a big deal they make about it.
CapnWellpoint
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Tue May 04, 2010 12:28 pm

I for one dig Godmode's new look! And hey, dick and fart jokes are a-o-k with me! Welcome, Mike, Jason, and Coleen!
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mike Rosenzweig on Wed May 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks! Still trying to find a happy medium to get them looking right, but I think we're on our way!
Mike R
EverythingJake.com
GodModeonline.com
Mike Rosenzweig
Keenspot Despot

Postby moorg on Wed May 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Saw the banner with the new artwork (over at Raven's Dojo poetically enough), so I decided to come back and give it a look again after leaving for quite a while.

So far so good. The characters, and the comic, have personality. It feels like GodMode again, which we haven't seen since Ryan and Raven. Albiet in an alternate reality reboot kinda way. But after the last custodian, I think it kinda needed it.

You got me to bookmark the comic again at least. Don't disappoint. :wink:
moorg
Junior Keenspotter

Return to God Mode