Meh

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

Meh

Postby AKeenGuy on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:09 pm

If the strip had been this from the beginning, I think I would have liked it. But coming into an existing strip, there are expectations. This version of God Mode isn’t living up to them. Adis is a talented writer and storyteller, but so far his God Mode has been too laid back - though I still prefer it to Raven’s, which was too overboard. Ryan really walked the line but managed not to cross it too often. Raven only stayed on the right side of it a dozen or so times, while Adis hasn’t even come close to it.
AKeenGuy
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Meh

Postby J. on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:28 pm

I think it's inevitable for the comic to radically change with different artists/writers. I like all three versions a lot.
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby moorg on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:27 pm

AKeenGuy wrote:If the strip had been this from the beginning, I think I would have liked it.

If the strip had been this from the beginning, I wouldn't have bookmarked it.

It's sad to say that I'm considering deleting the link.
moorg
Junior Keenspotter

Postby mathewdavis on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:00 pm

That’s a great point to bring up. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. I offer the thoughts mcse 2008 certification above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don’t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game if you are commenting as an individual.mcsa
mathewdavis
Junior Keenspotter

Return to God Mode