It's been fun! So long!

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

It's been fun! So long!

Postby Braidboy on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:51 am

And with that I'm out. Godmode has been very fun. There's been a lot of support and positive feedback to my run and I'm thankful for that. Anyways it's always been most important to me to work on my own projects so that's what I'm off to do next. You can keep up with me at http://www.ravensdojo.com as always.

Thanks all. Cheers! :rootbeer:

P.S. Crosby is going to continue the strip as far as I know. So your next artist should be along shortly.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: It's been fun! So long!

Postby csimonson on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 am

Well that was... unexpected. :shifty: Sorry to see you go, you had a good run. :(
csimonson
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Giby on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:19 pm

First Ryan, and now you :(

Take care, Raven, and make sure you still put out kick ass shit ;)
Giby
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby moorg on Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:01 am

Best of luck Raven. :D

Now we wait for the next artist. :sleep:
moorg
Junior Keenspotter

Postby AKeenGuy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:25 pm

Am I the only one who’s thrilled, or just the only one tasteless enough to say it?
I have hated roughly 90% of Raven’s run, I dropped to only checking once a week or less to see if there was anything worthwhile. I know Raven can do good stuff, the few strips that I have liked in the last year, I have loved. But most of it has been utter shit compared to the original.
Eagerly await the next incarnation, hope it finds a better balance.
AKeenGuy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Braidboy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:02 pm

KeenGuy: Nah, it's okay to be thrilled. It can only go uphill from here. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't even close to doing my best. Godmode has been a struggle from beginning to end for me and that was part of my decision to just move on. If I can't do it right, why do it at all?

Personally I am eager to see the new guy too. Ryan knew the kind of strip I'd make because we'd known each other for a long time, but the new guy is a complete wild card to me. We'll see.

For those who didn't enjoy my run, I'm Sorry. I hope you stick with Godmode.

For those who enjoyed the strip, Thank you. I hope you stick with Godmode.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby claymore32 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:22 am

I've been a longtime God Mode reader, but just now decided to sign up for the forums here. Just wanted to say thanks Raven for the great comics and I'm looking forward to seeing whoever continues the art.

As for the quality of the comics, I actually enjoyed the more unpolished look and feel of Raven's works here. Granted, they're not ultra-detailed masterpieces; but that's not why I come to God Mode. I come for the great humor mixed with whitty presentation, and so far I haven't been let down in the slightest.
claymore32
Junior Keenspotter

Postby lostinseganet on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:16 am

o-o oh jeeezzz and cheese nuts. I was just starting to get to really like your drawing style. Oh man I hope who ever you pick draws like Ryan did. In the end you did a good job.
lostinseganet
Junior Keenspotter

Postby AKeenGuy on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:19 pm

claymore32 wrote:I've been a longtime God Mode reader, but just now decided to sign up for the forums here. Just wanted to say thanks Raven for the great comics and I'm looking forward to seeing whoever continues the art.
The art? Wait, I’m confused, Crosby doesn’t write the actual scripts, does he? I thought that( contrary to the original plan) he was only responsible for creating the characters and managing the general direction of the strip.
claymore32 wrote:As for the quality of the comics, I actually enjoyed the more unpolished look and feel of Raven's works here. Granted, they're not ultra-detailed masterpieces; but that's not why I come to God Mode. I come for the great humor mixed with whitty presentation, and so far I haven't been let down in the slightest.
Meh. I never got into it, and Raven can do better. I don’t read strips purely for the drawing style either, and I still felt this run turned out poorly except for a few gems.
lostinseganet wrote:o-o oh jeeezzz and cheese nuts. I was just starting to get to really like your drawing style. Oh man I hope who ever you pick draws like Ryan did. In the end you did a good job.
I don’t think Raven is responsible for that:
Braidboy wrote:P.S. Crosby is going to continue the strip as far as I know. So your next artist should be along shortly.
Braidboy wrote:Personally I am eager to see the new guy too. Ryan knew the kind of strip I'd make because we'd known each other for a long time, but the new guy is a complete wild card to me. We'll see.
AKeenGuy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Braidboy on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Nah. Godmode has ALWAYS belonged to Chris Crosby. He made the concept and the characters. It's all him.

Now the writing and the art were the product of Ryan (on his run) or me (on mine). So the look and stories came from us. Now that I'm off the book, Crosby is taking care of keeping his strip alive however he decides. I really have no clue and am not involved in the decisions from here on out. When Ryan left, he recommended me and that's how I got the gig, but since I don't really have anyone to recommend it's all Crosby's call.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby J. on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:21 am

I hope the new artist does as good a job as you did.
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby Vosla on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:47 pm

Actually I was getting used to this style...
Sh*t happens.
Vosla
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby lostinseganet on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:28 pm

You just dont know how much you'll miss something still its gone. I hope the next guy can draw blood covered boob like you could. Did you ever draw an official wallpaper Braidboy lol. Oh by the way could we get that comic in 1600x1200 rez :shifty:
lostinseganet
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:39 am

lostinseganet wrote:You just dont know how much you'll miss something still its gone. I hope the next guy can draw blood covered boob like you could. Did you ever draw an official wallpaper Braidboy lol. Oh by the way could we get that comic in 1600x1200 rez :shifty:

So funny you should mention that. I'm most disappointed I did nothing with Tom. I really wanted to work the milf angle for some comedy. Ah well.

Anyway I'd be happy to whip up a wall paper or something. I was toying with the notion of a commemorative pic or something, but why not make it wall paper?

On the high res comic... I'm not sure if that's okay. Crosby may or may not care. I'll ask him and see what he says.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to God Mode