Suggest a strip...(or game rather)

The only gaming webcomic that's 100% Jack Thompson joke free!

Moderators: Mike Rosenzweig, Braidboy, Shiroi Kaze

Suggest a strip...(or game rather)

Postby Braidboy on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:30 am

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I'm terribly lazy. It should have come to me sooner to make you, the readers, do the work for me. Godmode is pretty much 2 kinds of strips. Story line and gaming. There are times when I can mix both, but often they are seperate. Now as for the games I choose I've just been following my own personal radar or the games that the characters are supposed to like or whatever. Why not let people suggest a game? That's as good a source as any for strip ideas. So post away.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Suggest a strip...(or game rather)

Postby csimonson on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:01 am

So, a bit of a stupid question... but how recent do these games have to be? I obviously don't expect you to make strips about Contra -- to quote Yahtzee: "Well, actually, no one's ever asked me [what makes a good game]; mostly they ask retarded questions like, 'When am I going to review 20-year-old Nintendo games' ..."

Do they have to be games yet to be released, or released within a certain period of time? Or is anything within the current generation of gaming (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii) fair game?
csimonson
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:09 am

Nah, that's a great question. Anything within the current gen of gaming is fine (360, wii, ps3, psp, ds). And for that matter if there's a kick ass new PS2 game made or something that's cool too. I suppose 'new' or recently released is the target. Heck even interesting or experimental. I work my ass off keeping my eyes on game news sites and reading magazines, but I'm just not going to catch it all (thus my far after the fact 'eye of judgement' strip).

So that's your goal! If it interests you post about it (links and video help with strip research). I'll try to work it in if I can.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kroggin on Fri May 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Well i know it may be a few years old.. But it is an instant classic for me. And that was Shadows of Rome. But hey thats just me. But if you want new titles i have a few. I would love to see a comic strip of half the group liking saints row while the other half likes GTA 4. Both our great games but i have heard allot of debate on which one is better. If not that.. then talk about Arcana hearts if you have ever heard of that. Its about a bunch of little girls fighting each other. My friend wont shut up about it. But those are just my few ideas.
Kroggin
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Sat May 03, 2008 6:54 am

Thanks, I was actually excited for Arcana Hearts, but haven't gotten around to it yet (i've been on a go kart or stuck in liberty city). Thanks for your suggestions!
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kroggin on Sat May 03, 2008 2:38 pm

yeah i want to pick it up.. But i would like to play it first just to see if i like it. But hey there is always high hopes for Mortal kombat with DC... *vomits* whew that took allot out of me. but anywho.. i am one of the very few people who didnt get too excited about mario kart. Yeah everyone of my friends is yelling at me. OH!! another game you could do is silent hill 5. haha and hey if you need any ideas I have a bunch of them. Or you can do an age of conan comic.. that is coming out soon.
Kroggin
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Thu May 08, 2008 7:28 am

Silent Hill 5 and age of conan? You know, why not. The thing that amazes me about age of conan is why would anyone want to live in conan's age and not BE conan. Did I miss something? Isn't it a MMORPG? For the life of me I'll never know why some games get the green light. As for silent hill 5 I'll have to do some research since all I know is it's american developed and they are eager to point out it'll be like Silent hill 2.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Skullrama on Sun May 11, 2008 1:07 am

Well, if we're talking somewhat obscure but good games here... the fantastic but unfortunately low-profile game Yakuza for PS2 is finally going to see it's sequal, Yakuza 2 hit US shores in September. I'm pretty excited for that, I loved the first game.
Skullrama
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Braidboy on Mon May 12, 2008 1:21 pm

Ah, Great! This is why I started this thread. See I was actually really into Yakuza and then it released and got lukewarm reception and I heard it wasn't going to continue so I kinda avoided it not wanting to get hooked on something that wasn't going to have any follow up. That's great news! Thanks for the tip.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Leif on Thu May 29, 2008 6:27 pm

What about Red Alert 3? Official Game Play Trailer and screenshots have been released, and also another biggie comming soon(hopefully) is Starcraft 2, But then again, you probably will want to wait untill they're ACTUALLY released.
"You all saw it! That orphanage attacked ME!" - Richard, LFG.http://www.lfgcomic.com/
Leif
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Braidboy on Thu May 29, 2008 10:05 pm

No that's a great suggestion. I don't have to wait. No real rules apply. If there's enough to glean some comedy or at least a decent observation than it's strip worthy. I'll be trying to wrap up with the story stuff (or at least this 2nd test!) and I'm gonna need some game fodder to work with so your suggestion is very welcome. My mind is stuck on Metal Gear Solid 4 right now... So I need suggestions to help me focus on games other than my own personal tastes.

Thanks!
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Braidboy on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:41 am

Resident evil 5 alternative costumes... That's a comic all it's own.
Braidboy
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to God Mode