Everyone reading the blog?

Discuss Rob Potchak Jr's THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES and the archived LANDIS!

Moderator: thePOTS

Everyone reading the blog?

Postby thePOTS on Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:53 pm

Hey all,

If you haven't been reading the blog, you may want to, it'll explain why I have been on so sporadically recently. Lots of family issues going on, and now they look like they are finally looking the right direction.

I hope everyone has been enjoying this uncut Lost Pilot...I love looking at all the old art again...OWEN YOU THE MAN!
Take Care,

Rob Potchak
elisalandis.com
ardyvanstarr.com
robpotchak.com
robpotchak.blogspot.com
thePOTS
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShardZ on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:23 am

I'd actually stopped reading the blog for the past week because it had been mostly "problems at home, won't go into them here, but they're being worked on." I never expected an actual revelation, but I'm glad things are finally looking up (again?). It's kinda freaky to me that this seems to be a yearly thing, but I have yet to experience a serious relationship myself...

And the art is still beautiful, of course. I really hate to think of it being colored, and even dialogued, someday. There's so much to be said for good linework, and I've started wondering what art we're missing in other comics because the word balloons are covering it. (I've also heard that artists will sometimes cover their poorly-drawn parts in that way... I still think it's unfortunate, but I'm some sort of freaky idealist.)
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Return to Landis & The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures