Notwhere you expected, is it?

Discuss Rob Potchak Jr's THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES and the archived LANDIS!

Moderator: thePOTS

Notwhere you expected, is it?

Postby thePOTS on Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:26 am

Hey All...

Landis took a turn no one was expecting, didn't it?

I know when writing it, I wanted to take it to post apocolyptic world...but the great thing about a character that's 700 yrs old is that you can expand the story BEFORE the storm...

So anyway...a quick update on things...

LUCKILY...before my harddrive crash, I was smart enough to upload all the former LANDIS pages that have not seen print, as well as the ARDY: City That Never Sleeps 10th Anniversary Director's Cut pages to he Keenspot FTP (man, that turned out to be a very smart move).

That means that the publishing schedule should not be affected by my current plight, though I am going to have to replace all of my Office and Photoshop software...

Thanks for all the support with LANDIS and ARDY folks, I'm thinking this will turn into the forum for BOTH comics, since I pretty much post whatever, anyway.
Take Care,

Rob Potchak
elisalandis.com
ardyvanstarr.com
robpotchak.com
robpotchak.blogspot.com
thePOTS
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby epgremill3 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:49 am

I definitely wasn't expecting that. I knew it was possible, but I wasn't expecting it. This is going to be a lot of fun - too bad there's only ~6 or so more comics (is that right?)...

Now, since I've just read Landis from the beginning I don't have too much background on Ardy. He's not like Landis, Janus, and Lyght, right? He's an alien? I wonder how the stuff in the water might (or might not) affect him?

Tons of possibilities here - this is really cool! Keep up the great work. Glad to hear you got all the files in another spot before the hard drive died. Sorry for that trouble.

Ernie
epgremill3
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Insane Kitty on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:29 pm

I was expecting them to be in time to be honest, so thanks for a good story twist.

Now the stuff in the water, will it replicate around the globe, or just be localized? (since if it replicates to affect the globe, why did they not just dump it in an ocean or river going to the ocean)

Localized, how will it affect the rest of the world since I assume not all the immortals live in one city.
Insert witty comment here
Insane Kitty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thePOTS on Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:57 pm

E,

I don't even believe it has that many dates left...unfortunately... BUT, we will be rolling right into one of the other stories, and again, at least all that info was actually uploaded to the server.

I'm glad you folks liked the turn, because it was one of those moments when it was going to define the future storylines VERY dramatically...AND MAY still. In fact, after Eric and I finish THIEF, he may take over the art chores, and Owen has stated that he is still interested in doing covers for the stories. so hopefully we may have elisalandis.com working with real LANDIS stories soon.

Stay Tuned...
Take Care,

Rob Potchak
elisalandis.com
ardyvanstarr.com
robpotchak.com
robpotchak.blogspot.com
thePOTS
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Omeg@ on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:20 am

Now THIS is where it's getting exciting.

You don't see end of the world too often in super hero stories. :D
If Pavlov and Mengele had a child together, his name would be Omeg@.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby HiFranc on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:40 am

Insane Kitty wrote:I was expecting them to be in time to be honest, so thanks for a good story twist.

Now the stuff in the water, will it replicate around the globe, or just be localized? (since if it replicates to affect the globe, why did they not just dump it in an ocean or river going to the ocean)

The other question is: Will they inadvertantly spread the virus by flying that plane in the rain?
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Landis & The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures