Hi Everyone.

Discuss Rob Potchak Jr's THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES and the archived LANDIS!

Moderator: thePOTS

Hi Everyone.

Postby Owen Gieni on Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:27 pm

Great to see Landis finally getting it's own forum. I'm pretty lousy in terms of replying to querys but I know Rob is great at it, so this forum should work really well. A lot of these pages I've never seen in color before so I've been really digging this comic lately.
Rob, it'll be great having a place where I know I can find you. :)
We should start working on a plan to continue the series after my last issue is done, maybe we can do a Landis artist talent search or something. I'll help and supply new covers and such.
I also still think you should push for a blog on the site, or at least a link to one outside the 'spot.
Anyway, I'll try and stop in as often as I can to give some commentary.
For instance- did you see those police cars I drew a few pages back? Yuck!That's just plain embarrasing! :)

Thanks gang.

--Owen
Owen Gieni
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thePOTS on Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:13 pm

Owen,

Look no further than below the advertising on the site, hehe. My personal blog was added earlier today, and well, I've posted three times on it already, and I'm going to repost the Brandon Peterson and Cully Hamner pics of her on that so that anyone reading the comic gets a little extra bang for their clickety click.

I've been meaning to get in touch with you about the original art, as I'd really love to frame the cover (chapter head) pages, but I'm sure you'd be looking to for some compensation for them.

Also, I want to do a contest where the winner would possibly get a piece of original Landis art, but as much as I could doodle some of the characters, I know that your page art would be what they would want... or maybe auctioning the originals in order to raise money for the print version? Hehe...

Kidding. Everyone should check out Owen's Sorethumbsonline, but I'm sure you all already do, since it does 10X the amount of hits Landis does.

And Owen, you know I'll take you up on the offer of covers for the next Landis arc (especially since I've written a treatment for it...)

Send me your email address and I'll let you read it. Since I'd love your input before I start writing it into full script format...(first time I've done the treatment first...)

anyways, anyone can reach me at RPotchak@gmail.com, but Owen, even with as busy as I'm sure you are, I'd love to hear from ya!
Take Care,

Rob Potchak
elisalandis.com
ardyvanstarr.com
robpotchak.com
robpotchak.blogspot.com
thePOTS
Keenspotter Supreme

Quick question

Postby HiFranc on Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:34 pm

What date will this story arc end?
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thePOTS on Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:33 am

Franc,

I did the math at one point, and figure it'll end sometime around April. It would give us a bit of time to roll into the next arc, but it isn't written fully yet.

Unfortunately (or VERY fortunately for him), Owen is a sought after artist, now, meaning I can't afford him =). Hehe. Hopefully one day we'll see him not just doing a weekly strip, but also doing a regular series from Image, ComX or any other number of publishers...

Of course, I want complimentary copies, Owen =).
Take Care,

Rob Potchak
elisalandis.com
ardyvanstarr.com
robpotchak.com
robpotchak.blogspot.com
thePOTS
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby HiFranc on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:03 am

If I was any good at art, I would put my name forward but ...
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Owen Gieni on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:20 am

I'd love to do more Landis, although it's really more of a time issue with me. Landis pages take me about triple the time it takes to do a Sore Thumbs page so I just can't fit it in my schedule. I do figure that this comic will be big enough by april that we'll have some great up and coming artists chomping at the bit for the gig. I'm here to help however I can.
Reading thes pages now I'm impressed with Rob's pacing, the story has a nice flow I think. A lot of writers don't give enough breathing room in comics, but Rob has that part down.

--Owen
Owen Gieni
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thePOTS on Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:08 am

"Reading thes pages now I'm impressed with Rob's pacing, the story has a nice flow I think. A lot of writers don't give enough breathing room in comics, but Rob has that part down. "

Wow...I'm blushing. =)

Above all else, though, I hope I give as well as I receive when I say that Owen captures that pacing better than SO many of the new comic artists out there. Owen is a truly talented artist that is extremely diverse in his abilities. He can draw Manga, American comic art, and his watercolors are breathtaking. He is a very very gifted artist, and I was truly lucky to have him work on this story.

In the coming weeks, I'll probably post some of the previous black and white pages, since this is really the first time that Owen and I have BOTH seen the color work.

There's about 4 more weeks worth of Chapter 2, and Chapter three really spins the story for a loop, so hopefully more people will begin buzzing about this story, since I still want to do a Director's Cut PRINT book after the whole things over. And if we could do it in a DC Absolute Edition style book...I'd have fulfilled a childhood fantasy!
Take Care,

Rob Potchak
elisalandis.com
ardyvanstarr.com
robpotchak.com
robpotchak.blogspot.com
thePOTS
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Landis & The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures