Fanfic-Go-Round: Avalon 5

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby Cannonshop on Tue Jul 03, 2001 5:49 am

"PUNT!!!!!!!"
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Josh Phillips on Tue Jul 03, 2001 8:22 am

<B>ZOG.</B><P>JOSH.
<P>------------------
Josh Phillips - <A HREF="mailto:josh@avalonhigh.com">josh@avalonhigh.com</A>
Avalon - <A HREF="http://www.avalonhigh.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.avalonhigh.com</A>
Josh Phillips
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nick Pavlovski on Sat Jul 14, 2001 4:19 am

Wow. Incredible work, all of you. Just read it. you people rock!
Nick Pavlovski
Keenspot Despot

Postby Stig Hemmer on Sat Jul 14, 2001 7:50 am

"Lt. Mzacher," Phoebe said at last, "give me a general broadcast." Her voice was calm. Deadly calm. The bridge crew all cringed.<P>She composed herself for a moment before starting to speak:<P>"This Lt. Commander Phoebe Bradley speaking on general broadcast."<P>"This station is closed. Nobody enters. Nobody leaves. Is that clear?"<P>"A serious crime has been committed aboard. Anybody trying to leave will fall under suspicion of being the culprit, anybody trying to enter will fall under suspicion of trying to annoy me. Anybody has dealt with me before will tell you that YOU DO NOT ANNOY LT. COMMANDER PHOEBE BRADLEY!"<P>"Do I make myself clear?"<P>"Anybody going on the air after this had better have a DAMN good reason for doing so or I will personally seek them out and teach them a lesson."<P>"Bradley out"<P>Silence... both on the bridge and on the air.<P>Phoebe leant back in her chair with a slight smile.<P>------------------
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice
Stig Hemmer
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2001 1:55 am

In the void, a black ship screamed as it sped between the stars, it's tendrils slowly moving about as if molassas in a dream.<P>Damonk felt it. Deidre felt it. All the telepaths felt it. But nobody saw it, knew what it was.<P>As quickly as it arrived, the shadow passed away from the minds of the teeps on Avalon 5. But they would never forget the experience.<P>

Postby Captain Alzheimers on Mon Jul 16, 2001 10:59 am

*note. take as will, use if you want. just something my tired brain thought up last night*<P>
Phoebe Bradley set her tray down on the cafeteria table and took a seat. Joe and Alan watched as she put a hand to her forehead. "Long night?" Joe asked.<P>"That's the understatement of the year. After the announcement, that pig Iain pestered me to let in the Aussie freighter with the Fosters' "Religious Sacraments" and have the station pay docking fees for the delay. Then Na'Kaw *insisted* that the Aussies attacked ammbassador Josh. I finally told her that even the Psi-Corp agrees that a *blip* tried to hit him. Or her. It. Whatever. That gave me this headeache, and I couldn't get a good night's sleep. And when I got up, I had over a hundred messages waiting for me. Now I have to deal with the incoming ships, the Ambassadors, and Damonk, AND I have HISTORY in a *half-hour*!" <P>Finally spent, Phoebe poked at her food with her fork.<P>"Well," Joe spoke up, "When I get stressed, I just take a moment to relax. My father taught me to calm my mind by doing breathing excersizes. Breathe in, breathe out. In, out, in, out..." Phoebe begain to breathe in and out as Joe told her... and fell asleep. Joe shared a glance with Alan, and the two took their plates and bowls off the table, replacing them with empty, though dirty, ones. <P>"Well, I see you cleaned your plate!" Phoebe jerked to consciousness as Alan spoke. <P>"Yes," Joe replied, "quite good for cafateria fare. And I see you decimated your french... toast, as well." <P>"How long have I been asleep!?" Phoebe nearly shouted. Joe looked at his watch. <P>"Oh, almost forty-five minutes. Not bad. I guess you ended up getting that sleep after all." <P>Phoebe started for the door, almost tripping over her chair. She spoke into her link as she rushed out. "Alison! Tell the teacher I'll be right there! Just let me..." Her voice faded as she disappeared down the hallway. <P>Joe and Alan set their plates and bowls back on the tables. "Hey, you want that milk?" Joe asked. <P>"Take it. I have to run." Joe nabbed the milk as Alan sneaked off.<P>
"ALAN! YOU'RE A DEAD MAN!"
Captain Alzheimers
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:59 am

*nudge*

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 18, 2001 12:42 am

Unknown to everyone on Avalon 5, two new unknown creatures were able to sneak onto the station. They wandered around unseen, finding their contact.<P>When the shadows finally found her, they flanked her as they communicated in a way that nobody but the woman could hear. They moved together, the woman and two invisible demons, through Brown 5.<p>[This message has been edited by coldacid (edited 07-20-2001).]

Postby Cannonshop on Wed Jul 18, 2001 8:11 am

Brown 5:
It was "Just a push". Ryan shook his head, and realized where he was.
"ohhh..." he stood up, holding his head, and silently cursing his bad luck. (How could I let them talk me into this...?) He looked down, and realized, (I've been laying in my own vomit, ick!) he leaned against the wall, and felt his stomach flutter again, as footsteps echoed down the corridor behind him, he threw up.
("Excellent Work, Ryan.") He turned. Notdamonk and...(why can't I remember her name??? he wondered sadly.) "I did it, I did what you asked." He said.
"And, you shall get your reward." The Psi-cop said, and raised his PPG.
Ryan could feel the intent to kill there...
"NO." he said, and PUSHED.
(NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) both Psicops staggered, and Ryan took the opportunity, and Fled.
(What am I going to do now???)
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Darth Avatar on Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:33 am

Ryan had been fighting so hard to hide his mind, and running so fast, he didn't see the person coming around the corner of the nearly deserted corridor ahead of him. The young woman didn't have time to react, and the two soon found themselves painfully knocked to the ground by the sheer kinetic force of each other's impact. Ryan picked himself up shakenly, grabbing hold of his right arm which now felt to be possibly broken.<P>The girl slowly stood up, revealing an attractive young woman with dark hair and glasses that somehow managed to stay on despite the knockdown. She shot him a glare and was about to give a rebuke, until she saw the black gloves and Pi symbol pin on his jacket marking him as a Psi-Cop.<P>Ryan couldn't help but meet her glaring eyes and his mental defenses suddenly dropped for just a moment, letting a rush of empathically received emotions run all through him. <I>So cold</I>, he found himself thinking, <I>so DARK</I>!! It seemed almost as if he were feeling two distinctly different minds in one body, one carefree and neutral, the other... The concepts it carried hurt Ryan's mind.<P>By the time he was able to recompose himself mentally, the woman had already disappeared, the strange presence surrounding her gone with it. The memory of what had happened before, the reason he had been running in the first place, returned to him and he took off down the corridor once again.<P><I>I'm going to need help if I'm going to get out of this</I>. His mind began racing, multi-tasking itself to maintain the psychic disguise and trying to summon images of anyone he thought he could trust at the same time. Finally, the answer came to him.<P><I>The Station Telepath</I>!
Darth Avatar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 20, 2001 2:36 am

"He seems to be afraid of another Psi-Cop," the woman whispered to the shadows. "This Psi-Cop he is fleeing from, this NotDamonk, he may be of use to us if he can elicit such fear in his comrades and subordinates."<P>The shadows replied to the woman, how would the Psi-Cop be turned to them?<P>"There are changes in EarthGov that can be exploited. Many Psi-Cops hate the yoke placed on them by EarthGov. By offering them a chance at power, we may gain what we need to finally defeat Ottawa."
<p>[This message has been edited by coldacid (edited 07-20-2001).]

Postby Jason [Lord Roberts] on Sun Jul 22, 2001 3:25 am

The Australian Ambassador swiped a fake ID card through the nearly-obsolete security lock on the door, while placing a fake DNA sample into the more modern system. The door slid open silently. He quickly glanced from side to side and vanished into the room.<P> Pheobe was always busy. Sometimes she had to deal with annoying visitors, sometimes she had to fight her way through heavy crossfire. Right now she was stuffing Alan's History textpads down his throat. If she had not been so grossly involved in this action, she would have heard the short beep and slight blinking of a single light on the computer display panels.<P>
Iain shivered. It was cold in the airlock, even with his suit on. He knew the ship would arrive soon, but in the meantime, he was very bored. He looked around, and found a can of Fosters
Jason [Lord Roberts]
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cannonshop on Mon Jul 23, 2001 5:23 am

Jumpgate Activated!
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cannonshop on Mon Jul 23, 2001 5:31 am

Na'kaw watched the Australian Ambassador on the display, (should I...?) musing, as she fondled the switch that would detonate the bomb hidden aboard the craft.
(If I eliminate Ambassador Iain, I may find myself facing someone more suspicious...) She stroked the smooth, black, American-provided plastic box. (American Separatists will sell ANYTHING, to Anyone willing to deal with them...) she smiled, and watched as the Australian Ambassador, thinking himself "Oh-so-Covert", moved the cases of contraband Fosters. Na'Kaw was recording it, (No, I'll just... present it to him at an opportune moment... The Embarassment to his government if this gets out...) She smiled, relishing the thought...
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cannonshop on Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:16 am

Sirens... a man walking down a dingy corridor in brown sector, his mind filled with pleasure he'd bought in a stall, heard sirens. (something I should remember??) suddenly, he was walking on air, flying, up, and then, down, out to the stars...<P>"Seal Pressure bulkheads in that section!!" Phoebe screamed, at the same time, her hands shoved Mr Mzacher away from the controls, and she entered the combination...<P>Pressure door 34 in brown sector had been built, along with the rest of the station, able to be sealed by remote, in less than an second.
Unfortunately, like much of Avalon 5, it had been built by the lowest bidder.
Also Unfortunate, PD34 had been a favorite spot for "Lurkers" to, ahhh... dispose of waste, and, it had a rather... infrequent maintenance schedule (none in three years.)
the wind howled through it, the indicator went from green, to red, to green again. The door did not move.
up in C&C, the door's number flashed "Sealed"...<P>"We're STILL losing PRESSURE in Brown 32!!!"
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jason [Lord Roberts] on Tue Jul 24, 2001 11:14 am

Iain pressed the button and the last of the crates were transported by the machine to his delegation. He picked up the large can of Foster's he had kept and moved towards the ship. Placing the can in the centre of the dark ship, he pulled out a large, ceremonial knife. Rubbing his finger down an inscription on the side, the knife began to glint in the weak light from beyond the airlock. He began to chant. As he chanted, the knife began to glow, brighter and brighter, until it shone like a torch. He momentarily felt the sensation he was beign watched, but shrugged it off. The chant ended. He plunged the knife into the can and spoke the final word of the chant, ending the ritual of thanksgiving to Foster. He then swiftly ran out of the airlock and hid behind the nice strong blast-doors.<P>
"Die, Alan! Die!" Pheobe attempted to force the textpad into Alan's throat, while he and Joe attempted to stop her. Suddenly they felt a rumble, and the three of them fell to the floor.<P>"Warning: Hull Breach."
Jason [Lord Roberts]
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jason [Lord Roberts] on Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:17 am

Iain wrung his hands together, sweat drippinmg off every part of his body. The blast was supposed to have been minimal, enough to destroy the ship, but not cause major depressurisation....<P>
A hundred Fosters X-Tra X-Tra X-Tra Large barrels soared up the shafts running through the station. Of course, with this many items being transported, it was inevitable that at least ONE would go to the wrong destination....
Jason [Lord Roberts]
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cannonshop on Sat Jul 28, 2001 11:56 am

Punt
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cannonshop on Mon Jul 30, 2001 5:56 am

"DamagecontrolCrewsto Brown Thirtytwo, rightgoddamnow!!!!" Phoebe said, it sounded like she didn't even pause to breathe.<P>Joe ordered the adjoining areas sealed off, to prevent the entire station from becoming the galaxy's largest coffin.<P>A keg of fosters rolled swiftly down a corridor in brown sector, it passed into a doorway as the doors slammed shut.<P>The Station shook, and a bank of yellow alert-lamps turned red in C&C.<P>"THAT was a BOMB!!!!" Joe shouted, followed by "BATTLE STATIONS!!!" he turned, looked at Phoebe, and said, "Send a Message to Canadadome, We are in the midst of a terrorist incident!!! WE'VE BEEN SABOTAGED!!!!"<P>Na'Kaw scowled, as she tried to open the hatchway, "Dammit!!!" The corridor outside her hiding place must be depressurized...<P>Fragments of Fosters Keg tumbled serenely through the silence. One of them, a razor-sharp chunk of metal, found itself approaching a large utility conduit, recently ruptured by the explosion. It may have thought "what an interesting structure I'm approaching, what pretty lights it makes... I wonder if it will be friends with me???" Or not. in any case, the Avcom systems for most of Brown sector, along with control feeds for the Station reactors, ran through this ruptured conduit, into which, the fragment of metal keg, (debatably sentient) may or may not have thought the rupture was sexy, as it impaled several major wire bundles, shorting several systems to ground throughout the station.<P>In C&C, the alert board cleared, and then, went blank...
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Darth Avatar on Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:45 am

On the far side of Brown Sector, safely protected through an untold number of emergency pressure doors from the chaos of the explosions on the other end of the station, Damonk finally awoke from the psychic blast Ryan had used to debilitate the seemingly corrupt Psi-Cop. His eyes finally opened to... blackness.<P><I>Has he blinded me?</I>, he quietly thought, masking it under enough mental noise to keep any other telepaths from being able to detect his plight. A short-lived glimmer of light caught his attention - a spark exploding from some far-off conduit - illuminating the corridor just long enough to let the goateed Psi-Cop know that his vision was in fact just fine and that he was still in the same place he was before being blacked out.<P>Pascale finally started coming around, moaning from the phantom displeasure still racking her mind.<P>"He's fled," Damonk informed her, "and we've apparently been down for a while. It looks like it's after lights-out in this part of the station."<P>Damonk felt Pascale rear up onto her knees, sitting in the darkness. Finally regaining her full senses, she asked, "then I guess we're going to Plan C?"
Darth Avatar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cannonshop on Wed Aug 01, 2001 8:04 am

"Do you hear that?" a voice asked in the darkness.
"What?" Notdamonk replied.
"Nothing" the voice replied.
"What???" the Psi-Cop demanded.
"Nothing, as in No faint hum of fluids in the plumbing, No electric hiss of Cathode ray tubes working, no faint, comforting whirr of ventilation fans running..."
Notdamonk listened. "Yes, so???"
"We're in a Space Station, if the Vents aren't running, then it's more than lights out."
"Who Are you?" Notdamonk demanded, after trying to find the source telepathically.
"Me? Why... I'm... YOU." the voice said, and chuckled, "Or, maybe not. I know how much we like dark, enclosed, stifling, spaces, though, so maybe I'm you, and... Maybe I'm just a figment of your imagination, come to tell you that the air's running out in this sealed room, and that your partner may, at this very moment, be turning a lovely shade of blue..."
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jason [Lord Roberts] on Wed Aug 01, 2001 11:56 am

If you thought the chances of ONE barrel escaping and causing havoc were pretty low, then the chances of two barrels going off course are about the same as the chances of there being a ruler of France that reigned for 72 years during the exact same time as a total lack of sunspots, and that the king would, in the time when the sun marched through the sky unblemished be called 'The Sun King'. Yes, it happened.<P>
The Canadian ambassador was grumbling with the rest of the delegation about the reprehensible nature of the Australians and how they would be certain to file a very nasty memo when they returned home, when suddenly the hatch above his head opened, and a huge can of Fosters crashed down upon his head.
Jason [Lord Roberts]
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cannonshop on Sun Aug 05, 2001 9:00 am

punt
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby jellisii on Thu Aug 09, 2001 3:07 am

"Dammit!!" Phoebe yelled. "Damage control, this is CNC. We've lost all telemetry from brown sector. Proceed with extreme caution, and KEEP ME UPDATED."
"Alan, see if you can get a bomb crew down there. If there's anything else down there, I don't want it taking any more of my station." Joe said. "With the arrival of the Scotbari ambassador, the last thing I need is to be missing half of the station."<P>"Right chief. I'm on my way" Alan said on his way out of CNC. <P>"CNC, this is damage control" Phoebe's console piped "We're looking at some serious damage here. We're working on it, but this is going to take some time. We've got people working on the hull breech now. Looks like something near one of the ships exploded. We're looking for the telemetry problem now, but there's a lot of garbage down here to sort through."<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://www.seti.org" TARGET=_blank>SETI</A> is just one step ahead of itself. We haven't found it locally either.
jellisii
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:26 am

*kick*<P>(Let's get this story going again!)

PreviousNext

Return to Avalon