Blues beat the Stars

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby ChaoticBlue on Fri May 04, 2001 1:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Strangeone:
<B>St. Louis has swept Dallas! (THIS is a hockey matchup? OK, St. Louis I can see, but why the **** does DALLAS of all places have a hockey team?)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Don't look at me. I lived in the place for YEARS and I still don't know how we swung that one. I understand we got 'em from Minnesota (They were the North Stars, then), but, well...
They HAVE won the Stanley cup on a few occasions in recent years, I believe...
ChaoticBlue
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby dumas on Fri May 04, 2001 5:39 am

posted by Sam Critter
<i>Dallas is a sports oriented town. And yes they have been to confrence finals and/or Stanley Cup finals for three years running. The goalie for St Louis was Belfour's backup (and a darn good one at that) the year Dallas took it all. I like the influence of hockey in this area. It means more ice skating rinks. And high school hockey has taken off in this area as well. I can't see anything bad with having a hockey team in Dallas. Next thing you know, there'll be a Jamacian bobsled team (oh wait, there already is one?).
SEM Critter</i> <P>I wondered my self why they moved the team to Dallas instead of Houston? Houston had once a great experience with major league hockey with the Houston Aeros of the late WHA (World Hockey Association) for more infos check <A HREF="http://www.houstonhockey.net" TARGET=_blank>http://www.houstonhockey.net</A> <P>
dumas
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby imnutz3000 on Fri May 04, 2001 6:32 am

yup, i'm from st. louis. gotta love this town......cept there's NOTHING to do
imnutz3000
Junior Keenspotter

Postby flurf on Fri May 04, 2001 8:03 am

i'm still trying to figure out why, in this city situated in the middle of a desert, where we are facing a severe energy crisis, we have not one but <I>two</I> hockey teams. okay, maybe calling the 'mighty ducks' a team is a stretch. kinda like the clippers...<P>flurf
flurf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SEM Critter on Fri May 04, 2001 10:11 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by imnutz3000:
<B>yup, i'm from st. louis. gotta love this town......cept there's NOTHING to do</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There's more to do in STL than there is in Rolla. I lived there for 5 years. If it weren't for the Merimac and Gasconade rivers being close by, I would have went nuts. Besides, STL has Pop's Saloon over across the river (That forbidden land called East St Louis), all the good concerts come through there and you can watch TWA go out of business (or get bought out by DFW based American). So STL has got plenty of entertainment. Just imagine if you lived in Paducah.<P>SEM Critter
SEM Critter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SEM Critter on Fri May 04, 2001 10:19 am

Dallas is a sports oriented town. And yes they have been to confrence finals and/or Stanley Cup finals for three years running. The goalie for St Louis was Belfour's backup (and a darn good one at that) the year Dallas took it all. I like the influence of hockey in this area. It means more ice skating rinks. And high school hockey has taken off in this area as well. I can't see anything bad with having a hockey team in Dallas. Next thing you know, there'll be a Jamacian bobsled team (oh wait, there already is one?).<P>SEM Critter
SEM Critter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Strangeone on Fri May 04, 2001 11:11 am

St. Louis has swept Dallas! (THIS is a hockey matchup? OK, St. Louis I can see, but why the **** does DALLAS of all places have a hockey team?)
Strangeone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Avalon