Take your time, J.P.

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Take your time, J.P.

Postby TinyDoctorTim on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:02 pm

I hesitate to start a new thread on a relatively trivial topic, but what the heck, it's just the internet, right? It's not anything important. :wink:

I've waited a good long time to see the Avalon story finished in the way that God and Josh Phillips intended. I can wait a while longer. If Avalon is updated once every two weeks, that'll be just great. Once a month would be not as great, but as I'm not paying for any of this, I'm not in a position to complain.

Which brings me to the second part of this post. Josh? Do you require US$20,000 (a la Randy Milholland) to give up your day job and focus on webcomics? Can't guarantee that such a thing would happen if you were to ask, but you know, just wondering. 8)
TinyDoctorTim
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Take your time, J.P.

Postby Josh Phillips on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:18 pm

Thanks for the good words. Unfortunately, my day job is being a student, so the only thing $20,000 would save me from would be finding a summer job (and thus, I'd only be able to draw non-stop for four months... though if we're talking American dollars, maybe I could build up enough of a buffer for the next school year).

JOSH.
Josh Phillips
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mravac Kid on Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:19 pm

It might be worth a try... I just wish I was in a position to chip in if it happened.

But as your issues aren't money-related (at least not as a major one), I'm not sure it would be quite as effective as Randy's drive.

But hey, if you feel like it go ahead, with your fans I'm sure there'd be a fair amount at the end.
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby GlitterFey on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:57 pm

Yeah, but that could backfire. If he gets money in anticipation of doing X amount (or frequency) of Avalon, but still has his other obligations (school, family, enough downtime to keep mentally healthy) then doing Avalon could very quickly become a chore and just one more burden. :(
Image Image
GlitterFey
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mravac Kid on Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:33 pm

Yeah, that would be an effective way of getting jaded and ditching it... :-/
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Return to Avalon