You see, Josh didn't specify which Tuesday.

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby Fool on Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:51 am

GlitterFey wrote:Tyr is the only spelling I am directly familiar with, but if someone is actually *really* interested I can go pull out my books and notes.

Not much going on now so... why not?
Life is a joke, and it's on us.
We might as well laugh along.
Fool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: We're not really sure, but we wish he'd go back there.

Postby Animal on Wed May 10, 2006 8:28 pm

Bep bep-bep.
Image I have a LiveJournal now. I'm not sure why.
Making people wonder what the hell is wrong with me since 1961
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Animal
Animal
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cholma on Thu May 11, 2006 4:28 am

I thought everyone understood there were no more updates because raging hell fires had consumed them all.

:D
Support our troops by donating to the USO: http://www.uso.org/pubs/8_18_23.cfm
Cholma
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunnyThor on Thu May 11, 2006 9:29 pm

Hopefully it's not because he's leaving his apnea untreated. Since he lives in the People's Republic of Canada and has all the health care that he can eat, there's very little excuse for that.

I like to think we're just waiting for a giant-sized 144 panel mega-strip with 300% fan service in every panel. :evilgrin:
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Marcos on Thu May 11, 2006 10:31 pm

bunnyThor wrote:Hopefully it's not because he's leaving his apnea untreated. Since he lives in the People's Republic of Canada and has all the health care that he can eat, there's very little excuse for that.

Two words: "Waiting list"
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Wildmartin on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:01 pm

Another Tuesday...come and gone. See you next week everyone.
Proud Member of Urban's Quills since October 1, 2001

Owner of the 99,000 CRFH post!

"Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really understand the situation."--Edward R. Murrow

pi

Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes.
Wildmartin
Keenspot Despot

Postby Josh Phillips on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:04 pm

Marcos wrote:Two words: "Waiting list"

The waiting has been the worst part. I underwent a sleep study with a CPAP in May. I couldn't sleep that night, rendering the study useless. I was finally called in last week to get the "results." I'm going to get a CPAP anyway, but at least I was given four months to consider it carefully.

Josh
Josh Phillips
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fool on Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:01 am

Well, at least we know you haven't dropped off the face of the Earth.

You're still on Earth, right?
Life is a joke, and it's on us.
We might as well laugh along.
Fool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: We're not really sure, but we wish he'd go back there.

Postby jeffk on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:46 pm

Josh Phillips wrote:I underwent a sleep study with a CPAP in May. I couldn't sleep that night, rendering the study useless.

What? You mean you weren't used to sleeping with a funky mask on your head and wires connected all over you?

Hmmm....nope. No CPAP-wearing emoticons. Bother.

And come to think of it, if you are used to sleeping with a funky mask and wires, that's fine; I don't really need to know :o

I was finally called in last week to get the "results." I'm going to get a CPAP anyway, but at least I was given four months to consider it carefully.

That's good news (you getting the CPAP, I mean, not the involuntary careful consideration). Do you know when you'll get the CPAP? (Pardon my ignorance; I'm not familiar w/ health care Up There.)

And you do get used to wearing the mask. Fortunately, you don't have to wear all those wires, which helps :-)
jeffk
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Animal on Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:37 pm

jeffk wrote:What? You mean you weren't used to sleeping with a funky mask on your head and wires connected all over you?

I don't know about some folks, but you'd be amazed at what I'm used to sleeping with.
Image I have a LiveJournal now. I'm not sure why.
Making people wonder what the hell is wrong with me since 1961
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Animal
Animal
Keenspot Despot

Postby bunnyThor on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:25 pm

jeffk wrote:
Josh Phillips wrote:I underwent a sleep study with a CPAP in May. I couldn't sleep that night, rendering the study useless.

I was finally called in last week to get the "results." I'm going to get a CPAP anyway, but at least I was given four months to consider it carefully.

That's good news (you getting the CPAP, I mean, not the involuntary careful consideration). Do you know when you'll get the CPAP? (Pardon my ignorance; I'm not familiar w/ health care Up There.)

And you do get used to wearing the mask. Fortunately, you don't have to wear all those wires, which helps :-)

The thing that you'll be most amazed about, is how much energy you suddenly have again, after just a couple nights of honest sleep. I can't ever imagine not wearing mine again.

Some tips and tricks:
1) Make sure you wash the facemask with soap and water at least every other day. It keeps it from slipping around on your face and leaking.
2) Make sure the straps are as tight as you can comfortably stand--this also prevents slips and leaks.
3) Get two king-sized body-length pillows, so no matter which side you lay on, you have something to wrap yourself around. This will support the weight of you arm and leg and help keep you back less twisted. Also, it will discourage you from sleeping on your back, which is a big no-no.
4) Wash your sheets regularly. Fresh sheets make for more restful sleep.
5) The little filters on you mask can build up gunk and mildew fast, but they usually don't give you enough to replace them as often as you might like. Do things like flipping them over and peeling off the topmost dirty layer. Washing them will only trap moisture that exacerbates mildew growth. If all else fails, change them and order more. Any expense incurred is cheap compared to catastophic health costs in the future.
6) Try to get 7 hours of sleep every night. Be as scheduled as you can. Just because you once again *can* get by on less sleep doesn't mean you *should*. (It's hard. I'm very guilty of this one myself.)
7) DON'T FAIL TO USE YOUR CPAP EVRY NIGHT! Considering how much better you feel when you use it, I really shouldn't have to say it, but it may be tempting to just skip it in the evening--but you *will* regret that decision in the morning! That's a promise.

I've been using mine for a 1 1/2 years now, and I swear by all these tips--even the ones I sometimes fudge on! (Sigh, time to wash the sheets again....)
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Previous

Return to Avalon