On-line review of Avalon on Tangents review site

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

On-line review of Avalon on Tangents review site

Postby Tangent on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:59 pm

Thought I'd let you know, Josh, I tangented Avalon over at my review site.

You can find it here: http://tangent.panel2panel.com/tan-ch-0251.html

Good luck, my friend. And don't worry about occasional skipped updates.
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby jeffk on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:59 am

I like.

One minor nit though...you mentioned the strip where Feebs changes her class selections. I don't think we ever knew for certain whether Feebs was adding or removing Ceilidh's classes--speculation aplenty, but nothing for certain--until the Spoiler Page came out.

Elsewhere in the review, you're pretty careful not to reveal information from the Spoiler Page, so I wasn't sure if this was intentional or an oversight. (I intentionally didn't reveal anything in this post, just to be safe :-) )
jeffk
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tangent on Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:08 am

Who says I read the spoiler page? I was waiting for the comic to come out. :smug: :shifty:

Considering the close friendship Phoebe has (even without contemplating any possible romantic feelings Phoebe might have about Ceilidh, and assuming even that such feelings might not just be that Phoebe is lonely and just wants someone to be with, similar to what Ceilidh was saying to Joe back when they first went steady), it seems fairly likely that Phoebe would try to get into colleges where her best friend was going.

(Actually, when you consider it... Ceilidh is almost Phoebe's only friend. I don't really count Joe in that. Too much baggage there.)

So just consider it hard-core speculation. :D

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. :)
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Josh Phillips on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:34 am

Wow, thanks for all of the kind words. I'm a little taken aback by the lack of criticism (the closest you got was a suggestion at the end), but my ego was thoroughly stroked such as to let that slide. ;-)

I'm also happy to see Avalon getting some attention. I'll never spread word myself about Avalon's return until I can establish some consistency (I'd just feel guilty dragging people over to see the page not update), and I've always felt that word of mouth is the most sincere form of advertisement anyway.

JOSH.
Josh Phillips
Keenspot Despot

Postby sun tzu on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:30 pm

Well, I applaud your skill and integrity alike. I loved Avalon back when it was running, and I've thoroughly enjoyed the new strips.
"The problem with History is that it can't have a happy ending." -Ouri Maler.
sun tzu
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tangent on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:30 pm

Josh Phillips wrote:Wow, thanks for all of the kind words. I'm a little taken aback by the lack of criticism (the closest you got was a suggestion at the end), but my ego was thoroughly stroked such as to let that slide. ;-)

I didn't see anything that really needed criticizing. Outside of your update problems, which you know of, and which I understand full well (having gone on hiatus before myself when I was webcomicking).

Besides, a critique doesn't mean you have to be negative. The points I commented on are equally valid and important, even if positive. :)

Anyway, glad your ego enjoyed the review. :) Take care. :)
Robert A. Howard

Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby K A H on Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:51 pm

Excellent review, Tangent - and, good to see the server is back up again. Truth be told I tend to check your page more often than Websnark at the moment, perhaps because the webcomics I read - the number of which has dwindled quite sharply in the last few years for various reasons - seem more likely to be tangented than snarked. "Avalon" is clearly no exception!

As for missed updates - I prefer to look on them as extra days to enjoy "Avalon" before the final strip is written! :)

K.A.H.
Strangely, I'm usually better at putting a negative spin on something which is supposed to be good!
K A H
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Avalon