[3:158] Things really are going to change around here.

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

[3:158] Things really are going to change around here.

Postby K A H on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:16 pm

Odd's odds. That's two new comics now, and they've officially been moved to the front page. It would appear that "Avalon" has formally been re-launched. Granted, given that it was only four months or so from its conclusion when the hiatus began, it won't be around for long, but I know a lot of us will enjoy it while it is around. :)

I suppose those of us who read the text summary of the tail end of the story have some idea of what will happen, including the changes of which Phil speaks in the last panel of today's strip, but actually seeing the details expanded upon, and rendered in visual form to boot, is something else altogether.

I'd call this change, much like the change alluded to in the strip, definitely one for the better.

Huzzah for the return of "Avalon"!

K.A.H.
It's still eerie that my parents moved into a building called The Avalon just after the hiatus began. I wonder if the end of the hiatus means they'll have to move again?
K A H
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Drooling Iguana on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:12 pm

Of course things are going to change around here. Seeing as how they were in complete stasis for I don't know how many months, the mere fact that they're moving again is a significant change...
I used to think I was a child; now I think I am an adult -- not because I no longer do childish things, but because those I call adults are no more mature than I am.
Drooling Iguana
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MarkusN on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:20 pm

link block
comic now
comic archived
Thread(s) of last comic: 83705
Thread(s) of next comic: Things are looking up!

Time to revive old habits, it would seem.

And for Phil to shed some.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tuitsuro on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:32 pm

To what is this you speak, this "end of Avalon"? I know of no 'end'! It's not like it was already posted a few years ago and...

... aw dangit! *looks into pen-like device, presses button* *bright red flash*

Huh... wonder what my name is?:o
Tuitsuro
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ParkRNDL on Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:59 am

Oh. My. Gawd.

I surfed from Candi to Avalon and found the next new strip.

It's back. It's really back.

Words fail me.

EDIT: And the spoiler page is down.... I have goosebumps...
--rick

The Wolfman is EVERYWHERE...
ParkRNDL
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:09 am

I still think this is a little dark, but I followed Hai-Etlik's tips for getting rid of the greys. It's probably my old colour reference.

*downloads cast page, just in case*
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby zippthorn on Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:32 pm

Mcfarlane Salsa wrote:Image

Holy fuck.

That's like . . .

The difference between regular cel-shading animated cartoons and the kind of shading that happened in the "Real World" elements of one of the greatest movies ever made: Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Daaaamn.

Zippthorn
--
I don't want genital herpes to interfere with *my* social life.
Bitches 'n hoes, bitches 'n hoes

[URL=http://members.aol.com/aaronbourque/cryotekwarning.jpg]Image
Heed The Warning!![/URL]
zippthorn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby K A H on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:36 pm

Wow. That's exquisite, McFS. Whether too dark or not, certainly bright colours would not fit the scene, so I'd say it works very well indeed.

Ah, "Roger Rabbit".... I absolutely loved that film when I was a kid. I haven't watched it in a long time.... I should.

And I didn't realise the spoiler page had gone - thanks for pointing it out, ListOfAutomaticTransmissionSettings. ;) Perhaps this will revive the spec threads, especially if anyone happens by who was not here while the spoiler page was still up. And then perhaps Sir Josh has changed his mind about how he wants some aspects of the story to play out in the year and a half since the hiatus began in earnest, so genuine speculation might be in order.

One thing is for certain: it'll be fun finding out!

K.A.H.
Now I'm determined to re-start work on Sd'A.... after I've finished marking the pile of homework on my dining room table.
K A H
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mravac Kid on Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:00 pm

Very nice work, Salsa! It might not be the correct colors, but they look awesome.
One problem, though: The shading on the nose is way, way too dark... they look like they've got the sniffles. :)
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:22 pm

Phil wakes up to himself! And all is magically right with the world from now on. Well no, not automatically. But it is the best first step!

Your colouring is mostly a fine piece of work, McFS. But I think the Phil and Sarah in your version would be going 'BRAAAINNNSSS!!' a lot :nervous:
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Avalon