AAR 85: "The Farewell" #4: 2:191-195

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

AAR 85: "The Farewell" #4: 2:191-195

Postby jeffk on Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:11 pm

Next: AAR Week 86
Prev: AAR Week 84

[edit: added Next link]

Wow...two AAR posts in one week. Haven't managed that for a while, but the forum traffic was fairly light this time, so the forum dive was pretty quick.

I love it when a plan comes together...but this isn't one of those times.

2:191:

.1: And we're back to the yearbook. Mission accomplished, Ceilidh thinks.

.2: Curiosity begins to get the best of her, along with the rest of us.

I don't think this question came up in the forum until we finally find out what Joe wrote--but did anyone other than Ceilidh sign the book after Joe? And if so, why didn't Joe's comments become public knowledge?

I remember several interesting possibilities were proposed in the forum--the Gary Morris/Bette Midler Encryption Theory is my favorite--but my theory is that Joe and Ceilidh happened to be the last two people to sign the yearbook. I'm guessing Joe noticed that everyone had signed except Ceilidh, and I know he had a sneaking suspicion that Operation Cheer-Up-Phoebe involved Phoebe's yearbook. So he took advantage of the opportunity and signed the yearbook, expecting it to go from him to Ceilidh straight to Phoebe.

And come to think of it, if Ceilidh gave the book to someone else to sign, it would have been awkward for her to chase the book down again without raising suspicions.

.3: But then Ceilidh gets the best of her curiosity, expecting Joe to do what's best. He opened up to her about Todd's "accident", and she trusts him to open up to her about this. Good show, Ceilidh.

.4: Although she has her doubts as to when Joe will open up.

2:192:
Phoebe returns. Sort of.

This looks like a gag strip--and it is--but it also shows that Phoebe still isn't herself. Not Ceilidh's-friend Phoebe, and not the hot-tempered Phoebe we saw in the argument with Joe. More like still-curled-up-into-a-ball Phoebe.

2:193:
Phoebe tries to casually pretend nothing's wrong, but mostly fails. Ceilidh tries to casually set her Trap Of Cheer...

2:194:
...but completely fails. In color. For the moment, anyway. Check out the changes in Ceilidh's expression (especially .4) and the near-total lack of change in Phoebe's.

2:195:
.1: First Ghada, then Alison, and now Ceilidh. Joe certainly seems to be stumbling across a bunch of upset women lately.

.2: Looks that Ceilidh already came clean to Joe about Operation Cheer-Up-Phoebe; she openly mentions The Plan...

.3: ...and he already knew the details. Not sure if she volunteered the information to him, or if he asked her if heartless fiends were responsible for circulating Phoebe's yearbook.

.4: Joe helps Ceilidh about as much as he helped Alison. <Deep-Voiced Announcer>Joe Page, Master Of The Obvious!</Deep-Voiced Announcer>

Forum diving time:

Fairly quiet, relatively speaking.

9222: This week's colored strips from davey3000. And John Campbell black-and-whites 2:194.
9223: Discussion thread for the colored strip, particularly skin tastes. Er, I mean skin tone.
9224: Nope, George Harrison is still with us. (Or was, but only for a few more months, as it turned out. :-( )
9225: davey3000 posts Hai-Etlik's coloring of 1:7.
9226: 2:193.4: Ceilidh has that "fixin' to kick someone's backside" look that makes grown men run. Either in fear, or to change into dry clothing.
9227: 2:194: Ceilidh said it best in .4: "What??" Where is Phoebe going? Josh answers a question--just not that one. (He later explains that some questions are intentionally unanswered, until he reveals it later at an appropriate time. Unless he forgets. :-) ) Family vacation? Camp to straighten herself out? Will we see her again? Is she thinking suicide? (Strangeone says probably not. After one of his fanfics, Josh said that subject was too serious for Avalon.) Is she moving out? Mom and Dad Bradley divorcing? Is Phoebe running away? (Sure seems to run in the family.) Wildmartin calls it: "I think that Feebs is just going to be anti-social and cut herself off from society (i.e. until she reads the yearbook, and we will then see what affect that has on her)."
9228: The Return Of CHOP!
9229: MizuGoddess seeks IRC help.
9230: 2:195.1: So what's with the old joke? Is Joe that far behind the times, or was he trying to cheer up Ceilidh?
9231: First-anniversary web-site update from lostfactor.
9232: Happy birthday to Geddy.
9233: 2:195: Strangeone sees Ceilidh's hair, allows imagination to wander way too far.
9234: Sir Forsyth returns to civilization. Dent brings him up to speed.
9235: Commentary on Skullie's Mr. T GAS. And is this Fool's first examination of the ceiling?
9236: davey3000 recolors the week's strips to match Josh's colors on 2:194. He links to 2:209, but I think that was an accident due to the date changes.
9237: Could Feebs take a page from Alice's book of make-believe?
9238: Help requested finding Moxy Fruvous reference; required for Avalon fan recruitment.
9239: <shrugs shoulders> Beats the heck out of me.
9240: Comics delayed by ardware conflicts on Josh's PC.
9241: Wapiko's little sister's hooked on Cybersix, needs copies of the show.
9242: Who's going to Otakon?
Last edited by jeffk on Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffk
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fool on Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:04 am

I'm pretty sure I've been staring at the ceiling long before that.
Life is a joke, and it's on us.
We might as well laugh along.
Fool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: We're not really sure, but we wish he'd go back there.

Return to Avalon