(OT-ish stuff!) Shi~ny...

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

(OT-ish stuff!) Shi~ny...

Postby Gigafreak on Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:04 pm

Okay, I ditched my old printer and scanner in favor of a printer/scanner in one. And it prints faster and cleaner than my old printer, and it scans less relic-y than the old scanner. (It still rotates the image about 1 degree clockwise though. Is that normal for flatbed scanners, or do I just have strange luck?)

So, since my arranging software lacks several useful functions (especially Export as Image), I am only just now able to print and rescan my arrangement of Sakura Saku: the Love Hina opening theme.

I'd say it's beginner-level. I'm not at K A H's ability just yet.

Te
O
Nobashite!
Last edited by Gigafreak on Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.
ImageImageImage
If you can't see these images, I hate Geocities and I'm too lazy to register elsewhere.
Ever try dodging rain without an umbrella?I couldn't do it either.
Gigafreak
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:23 pm

Well, I can't play the piano, but I can read music (Played B-flat trumpet in school for 8 years). I must say that you have done a rather good job with this piece. I managed to follow along with the original playing in the background rather well. There were a few things I thought you missed from the song though. Specifically, the part at the beginning where the notes go up and down is repeated at the end in the original. That run has always been my favourite part of the song for some reason, and I think it is an important part, as it sorta sets the tone for the song, and for the anime as well.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gigafreak on Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:59 pm

Could you be more specific? I looked through it again and I can't find what you you mean. It's a short song (hence the repeat and second ending-I wanted to make it a bit longer), so words like "beginning" and "end" have fuzzier definitions. Do you mean the lyricless up-and-down as the song opens up or the bouncing broken triad that ends in "Te o nobashite?" ("Stretch your arms out wide")

...Or do you have a director's cut of the song? I went by the anime.

(Edit: Found it. Dammit, I think this means I have to make some revisions... But later.)

Wha- How the HELL did I exceed my allocated data transfer already!? They're only HALF A FREAKING MEG EACH!
Geocities, you suck almost as much as Microsoft.
ImageImageImage
If you can't see these images, I hate Geocities and I'm too lazy to register elsewhere.
Gigafreak
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:31 pm

I mean the lyricless up-down part (as you seem to have figured out). In the shortened version of the song they used in the anime, they were cut out, but in the full-length song, (which incorperates your repete rather well) it is repeted at the end.

There are some other parts to the song that are also not in your version, but they are mostly rhythmic noises that would be hard to duplicate on the piano.

And may I suggest hosting them on angelfire rather than geocities? I host all my pics through there, and they always work fine.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gigafreak on Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:48 pm

Hmm. Not all is quite lost... only made more difficult.
The segue before the repeat is done on a piano. And adding the up-down at the end is doable. (Thank goodness you warned me now; I was about to write up an ensemble version!)
By the way, I found the full-length MP3 here.
ImageImageImage
Gigafreak
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Spaceman42 on Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:41 pm

I can host 'em if you need 'em hosted. Just email or PM me, eh?
My whole libido goes out to Austria-Hungary. - Sigmund Freud
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gigafreak on Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:03 pm

Spaceman42 wrote:I can host 'em if you need 'em hosted. Just email or PM me, eh?

Thanks. I'll let you know if I finish revising so I can send you the better ones.
ImageImageImage
Gigafreak
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:36 pm

Well, you may as well post them anyway so other musicians can take a look. I'll bet KAH would have some tips for you if he were to read the music.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Return to Avalon