Dunno if anyone remembers me. . .

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Dunno if anyone remembers me. . .

Postby StudioPC on Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:08 am

I was here a while back with the Screen Name of Komodo.

Long story short, the boards ate my account and I had other things on my mind so I didn't bother ressurecting it.

But lately, I've been missing my fellow Lynchers, and well, I know it's breaking some rules, but hey.

Hi, all. I'm back.
Steve "Komodo" T.
Studio PC
StudioPC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MarkusN on Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:16 am

So it is you!

I am a notorious forum diver, and I came across your nick more than once before the BKBC. When I read your sig I though immediately "isn't that one of the "old-timers?"

Welcome back.

Don't expect too many of the old school Lynchers around, though. A few still are, but this place is in continuous transition.

BTW, I visited your site. Boy, oh boy, that brickwall background with black text sure hurt my eyes.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby StudioPC on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:50 am

So I'm seeing. What happened to Fool? And The Usas?

The site?

*Snort*

I found a font on Blambot that looks like Graffiti, so it's supposed to look like paint sprayed on a brick wall.

I threw it together and probably shouldn't have. Oh well, I have some time on my hands, I should probably overhaul it.

Though I could also spend that time working on my comic or half a dozen other things.

Erg. Decisions, decisions.
Steve "Komodo" T.
Studio PC
StudioPC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:02 pm

StudioPC wrote:So I'm seeing. What happened to Fool? And The Usas?

The site?

*Snort*

I found a font on Blambot that looks like Graffiti, so it's supposed to look like paint sprayed on a brick wall.

I threw it together and probably shouldn't have. Oh well, I have some time on my hands, I should probably overhaul it.

Though I could also spend that time working on my comic or half a dozen other things.

Erg. Decisions, decisions.

Fool's still here, and I think one of the Usa's are here too. As for the site...

BTW, how old is old timer? Only I think I've been here for nearly a year now...
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MarkusN on Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:36 pm

StudioPC wrote:So I'm seeing. What happened to Fool? And The Usas?

Fool occasionally drops by. Enough so that I have a retort to him in my sig. The U-twins (Uc mostly) also. DaFalcon pops in from time to time. Who else can be considered an old timer? BanditAngel recently came back. JerseyOtaku (former cloudhibiki). Spaceman is fairly seasoned. LtPowers occasionally posts. How old is Sim? Don't remember.
Oh, and Walky, of course.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby mykroft on Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:19 pm

Usa Chan and Ucchan still read the forum occasionally, it's been a while since they posted though.
mykroft
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Spaceman42 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:23 pm

*blinks at the 'new' forum*

AIEE! The GREENNESS!

Yes, I was here when the U-Sisters posted frequently and Fool fooled around more. I missed a few summers, though. I think I vaguely remember you from your old nick, but I'm not sure... Anyway, I have a CBC deadline to meet, an application for French credit to write, etc. so I'd best get off the forum and get to work.

The greenness... *shudder*
My whole libido goes out to Austria-Hungary. - Sigmund Freud
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby Darth Avatar on Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:41 pm

Yeah, I remembered you the moment you mentioned who you used to be. And I'd like to know how you managed that - I've been trying to learn transmogrification for a long time and I'd like to get tips from someone who got it right...
Darth Avatar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Blanket reply:

Postby StudioPC on Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:24 pm

Darth Avatar: No big secret. It's a new account with a different e-mail is all. Keenforums don't like it when the same e-mail address is on more then one account, for some reason.

?: Old-Timer is pretty much anyone who's been a Lyncher for more then a year. As Komodo, I own the 2000th post to the forum, I've been here for that long.

Oh, and if anyone cares, I redid the site. It should be easier on the eyes now.

As for the forum colors? Blech.

::Stares at the door:: Come on, UPS, where's the Jersey?
Steve "Komodo" T.
Studio PC
StudioPC
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Blanket reply:

Postby Gigafreak on Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:47 pm

StudioPC wrote:?: Old-Timer is pretty much anyone who's been a Lyncher for more then a year.

Umm. Suddenly I've become an old man? Cool.
(Incidentally, did your previous username get deactivated?)
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.
ImageImageImage
If you can't see these images, I hate Geocities and I'm too lazy to register elsewhere.
Ever try dodging rain without an umbrella?I couldn't do it either.
Gigafreak
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby deanc on Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:09 pm

On Topic: I'm a n00b.

Off Topic:
Spaceman42 wrote:*blinks at the 'new' forum*

AIEE! The GREENNESS!

Good God! Did they not think to change the name of the site to "GREENSpot" while they were at it??

Dean
Avalon Code 1.01a(r5): R++ S- F IRC FA-- GA-- FF? SN? SA+ CMV++ LY? f{D>++ P+ 3:15} D{I} rL PSL+ P{} ?W?
deanc
Junior Keenspotter

Postby mzacher on Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:20 pm

...It's Minty Fresh! :D

(and just a bit of a shock to those of us expecting the usual blue...)
mzacher
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby StudioPC on Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:16 pm

Gigafreak wrote:
StudioPC wrote:?: Old-Timer is pretty much anyone who's been a Lyncher for more then a year.

Looks like it. I went forum diving and can't find any of my old posts, and I went through threads I know I posted in. *Shrug*
Steve "Komodo" T.
Studio PC
StudioPC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Galvatron56 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:40 pm

Sooo... green...

Too overwhelmed to say anything more...
"you're being daft and engaging in a bunch of nonsensical hand waving."
Galvatron56
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby gwalla on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:05 pm

StudioPC wrote:
Gigafreak wrote:

Looks like it. I went forum diving and can't find any of my old posts, and I went through threads I know I posted in. *Shrug*

Usually, if your screen name gets eaten, all of your posts disappear too because the phpBB software can't match them to an account. They're still there, though, and if you get the admins to fix your old account they should reappear.
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby MarkusN on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:16 pm

gwalla wrote:
StudioPC wrote:
Gigafreak wrote:

Usually, if your screen name gets eaten, all of your posts disappear too because the phpBB software can't match them to an account. They're still there, though, and if you get the admins to fix your old account they should reappear.

Yep, but from what I read they need one of your old posts to do that. They can search for it if you remember some text in there and about when and where you posted it.

Geez! Could they have made that logo any bigger? I come here for the content, not the title bar!
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby StudioPC on Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:04 am

gwalla wrote:Usually, if your screen name gets eaten, all of your posts disappear too because the phpBB software can't match them to an account. They're still there, though, and if you get the admins to fix your old account they should reappear.

*Shrug* There's nothing there that I really want to keep around and all the fanart I did is in the fanart section.

So, clean slate time. Sadly, the server I was using to host pics had to be disconnected when the owner moved and had to go from DSL to cable. So, for now, I have nothing.

Except DevArt. Hmmm.
Steve "Komodo" T.
Studio PC
StudioPC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MarkusN on Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:30 am

StudioPC wrote:I found a font on Blambot that looks like Graffiti, so it's supposed to look like paint sprayed on a brick wall.

That'd actually look cool with the font size you have now and a Graffiti font. Problem was, I saw this as Times, about 18 pt. Hardly readable at all on the brick wall.

Anyway, if you want to do graffiti on a brick wall, make sure the brick colour is subdued.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby gwalla on Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:45 pm

StudioPC wrote:I found a font on Blambot that looks like Graffiti, so it's supposed to look like paint sprayed on a brick wall.

Remember, specifying a particular font on your page only works if the person looking at your page has that font on their computer. There's such a thing as dynamic downloadable fonts for webpages, but support is spotty (read: it doesn't work right). If you really depend on a particular typeface, you're stuck using PDF (Adobe Acrobat).
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby StudioPC on Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:13 pm

gwalla wrote:

Remember, specifying a particular font on your page only works if the person looking at your page has that font on their computer. There's such a thing as dynamic downloadable fonts for webpages, but support is spotty (read: it doesn't work right). If you really depend on a particular typeface, you're stuck using PDF (Adobe Acrobat).

*Shrug* Yesterday I decided hell with it and redid the page. It's more legible now.
Steve "Komodo" T.
Studio PC
StudioPC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Vincent Valentine on Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:09 pm

gwalla wrote:If you really depend on a particular typeface, you're stuck using PDF (Adobe Acrobat).

He could always create an image file of the text he wants to use using the graffiti font. Not that that's any better...

E. Go :: valentine@wpi.edu
EGoISM :: phi by phi

----BEGIN AVALON CODE BLOCK----
Version 1.01a
R++ S+ F IRC FA-- GA--- FF SN- SA CMV LY- f{L>+++ D+++ 2:72}
D{I>---} rL++ PSL+++{L+++ D+++ C H N---} P{L!-- DR+++} !!W
-----END AVALON CODE BLOCK-----
Vincent Valentine
Keenspotter Supreme

Welcome back!

Postby Ucchan on Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:02 pm

Hi S-PC, welcome back to the forum! Yes, once in a while I still speak up in here. ^_^

As for the forum change itself, I guess it does take some getting used to, but I like the change. And not once did I think of mints (lol).
"But, Asha, I was all ready to set up my shrine to the U-sisters, dual Mistresses of Kawaii." ~Freemage, fellow Keen Forumer
Ucchan
Keenspot Despot

Re: Welcome back!

Postby StudioPC on Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:54 pm

Ucchan wrote:Hi S-PC, welcome back to the forum! Yes, once in a while I still speak up in here. ^_^

As for the forum change itself, I guess it does take some getting used to, but I like the change. And not once did I think of mints (lol).

Yeah, I don't mind the new colors so much as the huge title bar up there. Could it be any larger?
Steve "Komodo" T.
Studio PC
StudioPC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Marcos on Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:42 pm

If you're running an ad filter, tell it the title image is an ad. That'll get rid of it in a hurry.
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby StudioPC on Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:15 am

Marcos wrote:If you're running an ad filter, tell it the title image is an ad. That'll get rid of it in a hurry.

Nah, it works with the look. I just think it could be smaller, y'know?
Steve "Komodo" T.
Studio PC
StudioPC
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Avalon