Like a Phoenix, The Lynch Vault rises yet again

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Like a Phoenix, The Lynch Vault rises yet again

Postby JHU Battousai on Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:33 am

Well, although the host I was on that mysteriously reappeared after disappearing, I've secured hosting elsewhere, and thus the Lynch Vault has risen from its ashes for a third time.

The new address is http://www.honouproductions.net/~vault/index.html, and the newest update has the most current statistics, eight new colored comics, and the most recent revision of the Avalon Code.
The Lynch Vault - Avalon Stats, Code, and Color
Avalon Code 1.01a(r5): R+++ S+ F+ IRC+ FA-- GA- FF SN+ SA+ CMV+++ LY+ f{C++ D 1:63} D{T-- I-} rR PSL P{CJ+ L!- I*-- RD++) !W
JHU Battousai
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Like a Phoenix, The Lynch Vault rises yet again

Postby Hai-Etlik on Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:23 pm

JHU Battousai wrote:Well, although the host I was on that mysteriously reappeared after disappearing, I've secured hosting elsewhere, and thus the Lynch Vault has risen from its ashes for a third time.

The new address is http://www.honouproductions.net/~vault/index.html, and the newest update has the most current statistics, eight new colored comics, and the most recent revision of the Avalon Code.

Missed one of mine (You got the flat one but not the shaded one)
Hai-Etlik
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Like a Phoenix, The Lynch Vault rises yet again

Postby JHU Battousai on Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:58 pm

Hai-Etlik wrote:Missed one of mine (You got the flat one but not the shaded one)

Thanks for catching that; it's up now.
Avalon Code 1.01a(r5): R+++ S+ F+ IRC+ FA-- GA- FF SN+ SA+ CMV+++ LY+ f{C++ D 1:63} D{T-- I-} rR PSL P{CJ+ L!- I*-- RD++) !W
JHU Battousai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GrassyNoel on Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Coolness!
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Gigafreak on Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:49 pm

Excellent.
</Burns>
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.
ImageImageImage
If you can't see these images, I hate Geocities and I'm too lazy to register elsewhere.
Ever try dodging rain without an umbrella?I couldn't do it either.
Gigafreak
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Symok on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:29 pm

Niiiice

W007! CMV section to the Avalon code :lol: :lol:

Mmm if I ever get a working copy of VB again Im gonna have to get my code compiler updated (not to mention finished

DoubleHmmm "At least one of the CMVs" ? Does that mean that someone else actually did one, and i MISSED it?? Or is that just in preparation for the ones I'm going to be making in the future? :lol: :D
Symok
Keenspot Despot

Postby JHU Battousai on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:48 pm

Symok wrote:DoubleHmmm "At least one of the CMVs" ? Does that mean that someone else actually did one, and i MISSED it?? Or is that just in preparation for the ones I'm going to be making in the future? :lol: :D

I did one about a year and a half ago that was a trailer for the conclusion (which I was calling "Graduation"), back when Josh was coming off the first major haitus. I announced it back in this old thread, but the links in that thread are now dead. It'll be available in the Vault sometime this week.
JHU Battousai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Hai-Etlik on Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:37 pm

Um, you now have the flat one up twice, rather than the shaded one.
Hai-Etlik
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby JHU Battousai on Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:56 am

Hai-Etlik wrote:Um, you now have the flat one up twice, rather than the shaded one.

Oops. Bad series of renaming files. Fixed now.
JHU Battousai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby deanc on Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:36 pm

Been waiting for this event.
Can't get properly poked without adorning my post with Avalon Code.

Hi!

Dean
Avalon Code 1.01a(r5): R++ S- F IRC FA-- GA-- FF? SN? SA+ CMV++ LY? f{D>++ P+ 3:15} D{I} rL PSL+ P{} ?W?
deanc
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Symok on Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:20 pm

JHU Battousai wrote:
Symok wrote:DoubleHmmm "At least one of the CMVs" ? Does that mean that someone else actually did one, and i MISSED it?? Or is that just in preparation for the ones I'm going to be making in the future? :lol: :D

I did one about a year and a half ago that was a trailer for the conclusion (which I was calling "Graduation"), back when Josh was coming off the first major haitus. I announced it back in this old thread, but the links in that thread are now dead. It'll be available in the Vault sometime this week.

Ahhh yes I remember that. Ive got the file on my comp even :p `twas quite well done ;)

deanc wrote:Been waiting for this event.
Can't get properly poked without adorning my post with Avalon Code.

Hi!

Dean

Hello & welcome! *ka-poke*

CMV--- ? You should go check them out... The link for my vid's thread is HERE the pervious one is already linked.
Symok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:53 pm

I tried to download that CMV JHU, but it was corrupted. I managed to only see about 30 seconds of it before it quit, but it said that there was 1:33 to the file.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby deanc on Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:25 pm

Note the change to Avalon Code!!!!

That was great. Perfect song for it too. Excellent job Symonk!

And thanks for the Poke.

Hey, Great Big Sea- local Canadian band?

Edit: Downloaded it (7 mins) and ran it on DivX player ver 2.1 and it worked perfectly.

Dean
Avalon Code 1.01a(r5): R++ S- F IRC FA-- GA-- FF? SN? SA+ CMV++ LY? f{D>++ P+ 3:15} D{I} rL PSL+ P{} ?W?
deanc
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:49 am

deanc: GBS is hardly local. They are huge up here, and I know I've heard their music in the US in a restauraunt. Try to look in a big record store, and you might find some of their albums.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby JHU Battousai on Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:23 am

Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:I tried to download that CMV JHU, but it was corrupted. I managed to only see about 30 seconds of it before it quit, but it said that there was 1:33 to the file.

That's odd... I just downloaded a copy on my brother's computer, and it played fine. The file is 1:13 long; maybe it corrupted on your download.
JHU Battousai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby deanc on Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
I am not into a lot of different music groups, but I know when I hear something that I like it, and I like GBS! (Ah! The beauty of the 'net).
I'll be looking into buying CDs... recommended?

I honestly never heard of them prior to reading this strip.
OTOH I am pretty far South of that fair land, so it's not surprising.

Dean
deanc
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:08 pm

To be quite honest, I had never heard of them until I started reading this strip either, since I live in the US, but go to uni in Canada. I do reccommend buying some CDs. Turn is good, and so is Up and Sea of No Cares. My favourite has to be Road Rage though, which is a live album.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby K A H on Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:21 am

Ooh, 'ey, this is good news indeed! :) I had no idea before that so many strips had been coloured, either by Sir Josh himself or by his readers. (Cue the usual complaint about not having any colouring software more advanced than MS Paint, as well as all the visual artistic talent of a kettle of blind fish being boiled to death.)

Regarding the new additions to the Avalon Code, I'd definitely have to cast my vote for CMV++ (the consensus appears to be CMV rather than CVM, or am I wrong?) - in my never humble opinion, they are the coolest fan interpretations of "Avalon" yet produced. (As for SA, well, you'd think I'd have to go for %SA by default, but it should surprise none of you that, honestly, sometimes my inclination is more towards !SA. And yet if anyone else opted for that, I might be seriously tempted to chuck the manuscript into an incinerator. Ironic really.)

(Touching as briefly as I can manage on SdA, while I'm on the subject, the revisions are still trundling along - my musical interests, I must admit, are starting to spread elsewhere. Not only do I still have two wedding marches to polish off (one based on two pieces of music from various Final Fantasy games - no joke, the groom is a big fan, and the bride likes a few pieces from the series as well), but I'm also sketching plans for possibly my most shameless rip-off of Shostakovich yet - a set of pieces in the mould of his Op.87 preludes and fugues. But the revisions will be made, and hopefully the CD will as well before long.)

K.A.H.
Hard to believe it's been two and a half years since I started these pieces. :o
K A H
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby deanc on Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:57 am

^ Typical artist; it's never good enough for themselves no matter how good it is :p

KAH, that's great music. Even if (coming from a totally untalented musician) it's not as smooth and polished as you might pefer, it has Heart and Soul. Bravo! to you, Sir!

Dean
deanc
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Symok on Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:52 am

K A H wrote:(the consensus appears to be CMV rather than CVM, or am I wrong?)

I'm not sure what CVM would stand for - Comic Video Music doesn' make sense ... CMV is "Comic Music Video", like AMV - Anime Music Video
Symok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Galvatron56 on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:39 pm

Is this going to turn out like OVA vs OAV? The V in the middle of CVM makes the acronym itself look better to me, but makes little sense if you were to say it the long way.
"you're being daft and engaging in a bunch of nonsensical hand waving."
Galvatron56
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Spaceman42 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:46 am

I think that as long as no ancient Romans visit the forums, the acronym 'CVM' will work fine.
My whole libido goes out to Austria-Hungary. - Sigmund Freud
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:17 am

Ew!
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gigafreak on Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:02 pm

Ick. I thought he meant CVM as in 895 in Roman numerals 'til you had to think that.
Bad Markus.
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.
ImageImageImage
If you can't see these images, I hate Geocities and I'm too lazy to register elsewhere.
Ever try dodging rain without an umbrella?I couldn't do it either.
Gigafreak
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MarkusN on Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:46 pm

Gigafreak wrote:Ick. I thought he meant CVM as in 895 in Roman numerals 'til you had to think that.
Bad Markus.

Actually 895 would be CCMXCV if I'm not completely mistaken (you can subtract only the 1-entity of the next lower order of magnitude.)

plus CVM is actually a valid latin word (even though it doesn't make much sense on its own), so there should be no problem with a Roman reading the code.

But knowing Spaceman's (and the average Lyncher's) dirty mind...

But I guess I'll have to accept your reprimand.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to Avalon