4 comics in 5 weeks.

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

4 comics in 5 weeks.

Postby hengist on Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:07 pm

If I have the math, this means that a week in Ceilidh's world will take nine weeks in the real world. We're now on May 31st 2002, fourteen weeks before August 31st, so we'll have to wait 126 weeks to see what happens. That will take us up to April 2006. If we're lucky. I appreciate that things like the hockey jerseys sale, and the art auction, take precedence, but couldn't we see the story unfold on a slightly more regular basis? Please?
"When God wrote reality, she deliberately introduced some bugs"
hengist
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Amorph on Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:08 pm

He can't update now without screwing David Willis up. :D

Seriously, though, if you don't feel you're getting your money's worth, you can always ask for a refund. I doubt that Sir Josh spends hours in front of the computer cackling evilly at how he's stringing his readership along.

If you really need an Avalon fix, you can read It's Walky! His comic's set in Avalon for now, and Willis updates daily. :)
Amorph
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MarkusN on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:41 pm

Check out the news, then be here Sunday night at midnight.

Hengist, I'd say we should be thankful that Josh has enough devotion to his readership and his opus to wrap up Avalon at all. I get a strong hunch that personally he is itching to move on.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:49 pm

Indeed. I just hope he has spent this short hiatus getting far ahead in his comics so we go uninterrupted for a while.

I must say though that if it would help to pull back to a MWF or even a MF format, by all means DO IT! It would even let you take more time on the comics so if you have a day where you don't feel like drawing that you don't feel guilty about it afterwards. Nobody here will care if you update less times a week.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby ASimPerson on Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:43 am

I would say that perhaps the best idea may be to establish a rythm...just a consistent update scheme that allows updates x amount of times per week. An examination of a lot of the really "big" comics out there show that they update, for the most part, consistently, and I don't think this is a coincidence. (When was the last time Penny Arcade missed a comic?)

Of course, I've never attempted to do anything of this sort, and it's currently 5:33 AM here and I'm typing a paper that is due today, so I'm not sure I'm one to speak of things like "consistency" and "time management".

Perhaps it'll just be best if I shut up now and let this oft-talked about topic die as it should, because Josh will update when he can, and that's the best we can hope for.

goes back to work
ASimPerson
Keenspotter Supreme

4 Comics in 5 Weeks.

Postby TinyDoctorTim on Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:45 am

I only request two things of Sir Josh:

1. Finish Avalon eventually. I'm dying to know how everything turns out.

2. Keep us posted on future creative endeavors. A man who can produce gems of comic art likethis is someone you want to keep track of. I can't even think about this strip (particularly Deirdre's facial expression) without laughing! :lol:

Oh, and it's good news to hear that more comics are on the way as of Monday. Thanks, Josh!

--Dr. Tim.
TinyDoctorTim
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: 4 Comics in 5 Weeks.

Postby MarkusN on Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:02 am

TinyDoctorTim wrote:2. Keep us posted on future creative endeavors. A man who can produce gems of comic art likethis is someone you want to keep track of. I can't even think about this strip (particularly Deirdre's facial expression) without laughing! :lol:

You knew this was coming, didn't you?

*POKE*

Uelcum :D

Oh, and: seconded, on both accounts.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Re: 4 Comics in 5 Weeks.

Postby Animal on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:32 am

TinyDoctorTim wrote:I only request two things of Sir Josh:

1. Finish Avalon eventually. I'm dying to know how everything turns out.

2. Keep us posted on future creative endeavors. A man who can produce gems of comic art likethis is someone you want to keep track of. I can't even think about this strip (particularly Deirdre's facial expression) without laughing! :lol:

Oh, and it's good news to hear that more comics are on the way as of Monday. Thanks, Josh!

--Dr. Tim.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.
Image I have a LiveJournal now. I'm not sure why.
Making people wonder what the hell is wrong with me since 1961
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Animal
Animal
Keenspot Despot

Postby dagonz on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:56 am

Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:Indeed. I just hope he has spent this short hiatus getting far ahead in his comics so we go uninterrupted for a while.

I must say though that if it would help to pull back to a MWF or even a MF format, by all means DO IT! It would even let you take more time on the comics so if you have a day where you don't feel like drawing that you don't feel guilty about it afterwards. Nobody here will care if you update less times a week.

Well, no, we'll care, becase we're rabid fans. But we won't mind if it means we actually get the comic.
Dagonz.
-------------
Monkeh Boy. Wild Prediction Sensei. CI, Order of Jubal's Knights. Protector of Port Boardie. Founder of the Stay Good April! movement. And Frenchman.

Avatar is from Strings of Fate, Kittyborg'd by TEH DOC. Resistance is futile.
dagonz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

4 comics in 5 weeks.

Postby TinyDoctorTim on Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:00 am

"A good comic strip is no more eternal than a ripe melon."

--Berke Breathed ("Bloom County")

Perhaps now is the time for all of us to make this statement our mantra, given that each new Avalon comic brings us ever closer to The Time of The End.

Sorry to sound Apocalyptic; I have a weakness for dramatics. :wink:
TinyDoctorTim
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby lironmiron on Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:19 pm

The only thing that worries me is that the world (or modern civilization at least) would end before Avalon finishes. I mean, we don't know when it will happen, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, asteroid, WHAM! and I refuse to be exterminated before I read the conclusion of Avalon.

When Josh went on hiatus the first time, I just spent all those months figuring out a way to become a millionaire so I could hire him full time to just finish the strip. When the new strip was finally put up after all those months I couldn't believe it. I had to refresh the page like 25 times just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
lironmiron
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Spaceman42 on Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:34 am

I hear Josh's been having some troubles with the cast - I mean, the second Avalon ends, they're out of a job, right? So they've been petitioning and stalling, refusing to do certain key strips until guarantees of a "reunion miniseries" sometime in the future have been made, and so on - it just wreaks complete and utter havoc on the update schedule. So the delays aren't exactly unexpected.
My whole libido goes out to Austria-Hungary. - Sigmund Freud
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby Galvatron56 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:47 am

Well, maybe if there was some discussion of the character's layoff package.

Perhaps that would get the ball rolling.
"you're being daft and engaging in a bunch of nonsensical hand waving."
Galvatron56
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tenma on Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:59 pm

I get the feeling that the female characters will find themselves in semi-nude art auctions for many years to come. :-)

Later...
--Tenma

(Rated WEB-MA for Strong Language and Sexuality)

Check out the Treading Ground ComicGenesis Forum!
Tenma
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Avalon