Colouring (3:150) in celebration of the return of Free Time

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Colouring (3:150) in celebration of the return of Free Time

Postby Hai-Etlik on Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:24 am

Classes finaly over. I actualy have free time. It's a very strange sensation, not having to work franticly on some demented assignment that would be hard enough if I didn't have 3 others just as bad all with insane due dates.

In celebration I did a quick, simple colouring.

Hai-Etlik
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GrassyNoel on Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:59 am

The gradient fill is smart. But why is it the opposite in the last panel?
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MarkusN on Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:46 am

GrassyNoel wrote:The gradient fill is smart. But why is it the opposite in the last panel?

Maybe you should ask that Josh. But it makes sense. The scene changes, Roman's statement implies that some time has gone by, and the change of background reinforces that sentiment (analogous to a cut to a different camera location in a movie). The new gradient also brings the focus down to the lower edge of the panel.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Spaceman42 on Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:13 am

What is this "free time" you refer to?

[History midterm today, choir dress rehearsal (supposed to be there this morning, skipped), Biology class (supposed to be there this morning, skipped), choir performance tomorrow...]
My whole libido goes out to Austria-Hungary. - Sigmund Freud
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:41 pm

MarkusN wrote:<bunch of stuff>

Ta.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:54 am

*damns his crappy skills*

How do you stick gradients in the background? All I can do is solid colours...
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MarkusN on Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:06 am

Mcfarlane Salsa wrote:*damns his crappy skills*

Not even sure if Hai-Etlik put a gradient there. It's possible that he simply overlaid the existing grayscale gradient with colour. But if you want to do it: select the area you want to fill with the magic wand, then apply a gradient fill to the selection. That's how I'd do it in Photoshop, anyway. If I want to be more diligent I create the selection by tracing the area with a vector path. That allows to overfill the area under the line-art, which is overlaid as a multiplication layer.

BTW, McFS, I like your colouring a lot, rough as it may be. The red background in the third panel is a nice touch.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Hai-Etlik on Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:47 pm

MarkusN wrote:
Mcfarlane Salsa wrote:*damns his crappy skills*

Not even sure if Hai-Etlik put a gradient there. It's possible that he simply overlaid the existing grayscale gradient with colour. But if you want to do it: select the area you want to fill with the magic wand, then apply a gradient fill to the selection. That's how I'd do it in Photoshop, anyway. If I want to be more diligent I create the selection by tracing the area with a vector path. That allows to overfill the area under the line-art, which is overlaid as a multiplication layer.

BTW, McFS, I like your colouring a lot, rough as it may be. The red background in the third panel is a nice touch.

I use multiple layers and just rectangle select the frame then apply the gradient to the background layer. I remove all the shading including gradients before colouring.,

Sorry, I forgot somone else had done this one allready, I usualy try to avoid duplicating effort like that.
Hai-Etlik
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Hai-Etlik on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:10 pm

Here's another one.
Hai-Etlik
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Avalon