[Seriously OT] Calling all lurkers!

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

[Seriously OT] Calling all lurkers!

Postby BigMal27 on Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:53 am

For all you lurkers out there, come on in and let's tell the "regulars" what we've been up to!

Why I'm lurking, anyway:

While it's true I care about Avalon -- and have for while (even bought a jersey**) -- I also care about this:

If a topic is long enough that adding my POV wouldn't help -- or it's been derailed off-topic -- I just won't say anything. Usually however I feel has been expressed in someone else's post, and I don't want to post just to say "Me, too!"

Plus, there have been some multi-month-long times when I've just ignored the forum, either 1) no reliable 'Net access, or 2) it's Avalon -- the board's better when there's new comics! (Yeah, I'm a fair-weather lurker.)

This is nothing against any of the forum-goers. You're all a cool bunch. Thanks for looking out for us.

Personally:

All good things must come to an end (like this comic, eventually), and so did my undergraduate days in Milwaukee. So I enrolled in grad school back home in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. Now I'm in my second (last?) year, still in a pep band, I'm a Teaching Assistant, and living the good life. I'm also thinking of buying a moped instead of an actual automobile when I graduate.

I've also started a comic on KeenSpace -- The 6 GUYS In My Head. It's even worse than the art in my Guest Artist Sunday and my fanfic, if you can believe it, but I've got two whole friggin' months queued up and ready for your... enjoyment?

** Yes, I bought a jersey, too. Take one guess what name/number it has... Considering less than 20 others bought 'em, I figure I'm in Josh's good graces, forum or no forum.

As always, peace to you all.
BigMal + Agent #27 = BIGMAL27
One Person / Two Faces / Infinite Possibilities
Comics are Life -- Everything else helps you enjoy them all the more.
Go read The 6 GUYS In My Head
http://www.6GUYS.com/
BigMal27
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mravac Kid on Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:58 pm

So, is there any point to your post aside the shameless plug of your comic? :)
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:13 pm

Mravac Kid wrote:So, is there any point to your post aside the shameless plug of your comic? :)
Yep. It started with me pointing out his visit (visible in the "who's browsing this forum" line), which then lead to a short exchange in PM between the two of us. That obviously prompted BM27 to start this thread. Knowing that there are many once-regular posters lurking in this forum this might indeed get interesting for forum divers like myself.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tenma on Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:25 pm

MarkusN wrote:Yep. It started with me pointing out his visit (visible in the "who's browsing this forum" line), which then lead to a short exchange in PM between the two of us. That obviously prompted BM27 to start this thread. Knowing that there are many once-regular posters lurking in this forum this might indeed get interesting for forum divers like myself.

Just a humorous aside, but BM is generally taken to stand for "bowel movement" around here at least, so you might not want to abbreviate his name in that fashion. :-)

Later...
--Tenma

(Rated WEB-MA for Strong Language and Sexuality)

Check out the Treading Ground ComicGenesis Forum!
Tenma
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Harlenna on Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:32 pm

BM usually stands for "Black Mage" to me, but then again, I do regularily read 8-Bit Theater, so that's probably why.
Harlenna
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DaFalcon on Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:08 am

I'm not lurking very often... *evilgrin* but you never know when I am going to find the time to poke around these old haunting grounds.

Heh, but I'm not going to use this opportunity to shamelessly plug my loong-defunct attempt at a webcomic, Kayla. Oops.

Alan
-->'Da Falcon
DaFalcon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby JHU Battousai on Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:19 am

I, at least, pass through here at least once a week, I just don't have time to say much, what with grad school and job applications. Once I get a bit settled, I'll be around more. I also need to find a new host for the Lynch Vault, as the host it was on seems to have disappeared.

And unlike the other two, I have no webcomic to plug. Ah, well.
The Lynch Vault - Avalon Stats, Code, and Color
Avalon Code 1.01a(r5): R+++ S+ F+ IRC+ FA-- GA- FF SN+ SA+ CMV+++ LY+ f{C++ D 1:63} D{T-- I-} rR PSL P{CJ+ L!- I*-- RD++) !W
JHU Battousai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:45 am

JHU Battousai wrote:I, at least, pass through here at least once a week, I just don't have time to say much, what with grad school and job applications. Once I get a bit settled, I'll be around more. I also need to find a new host for the Lynch Vault, as the host it was on seems to have disappeared.

And unlike the other two, I have no webcomic to plug. Ah, well.

Going OT here, but how would one go about sending coloured Avalon comics to the Lynch Vault?
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MarkusN on Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:38 pm

Mcfarlane Salsa wrote:how would one go about sending coloured Avalon comics to the Lynch Vault?
Not at all, just publish them. Up to now JHU has collected them from time to time.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Symok on Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:23 pm

Well, I'm still here. I don't know if I even qualify as a "lurker" anymore, though, I look into the forum occassionaly and look at some topics, but thats about it. (I'm the same way on all the other comics too)

But I haven't gone anywhere. I've got some ideas for a few more CMVs so watch for those probably sometime into the new year. (I'm currently working on separating each frame and saving them into files. Ive got a friend helping me but its still probably going to take a while to get through them all...) I'll also make them available should anyone else ever wish to attempt to make such a video
Symok
Keenspot Despot

Postby JHU Battousai on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:30 pm

MarkusN wrote:
Mcfarlane Salsa wrote:how would one go about sending coloured Avalon comics to the Lynch Vault?
Not at all, just publish them. Up to now JHU has collected them from time to time.

Yep. I've got at least one of yours ready to go up once I find a real host.
The Lynch Vault - Avalon Stats, Code, and Color
Avalon Code 1.01a(r5): R+++ S+ F+ IRC+ FA-- GA- FF SN+ SA+ CMV+++ LY+ f{C++ D 1:63} D{T-- I-} rR PSL P{CJ+ L!- I*-- RD++) !W
JHU Battousai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Darth Avatar on Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:25 am

Yeah, well, in my case, I got a girlfriend (which automatically castrated my internet access). I think I shall not make that mistake again.

Oh, and Hi!! I missed you guys (at least, the ones I recognize, I don't know about all these other guys - they all look wierd and freaky and scary to me).
Darth Avatar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:28 am

Well, I'm not scary when you get to know me. Weird and freaky yes, but not scary. :D
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tenma on Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:22 pm

I'll try to resist automatically thinking "top hat" whenever I see the name "Darth Avatar." :-)

(Rated WEB-MA for Strong Language and Sexuality)

Check out the Treading Ground ComicGenesis Forum!
Tenma
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Darth Paradox on Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:12 pm

Heh heh. Seeing that username weirded me out a bit, too.
Darth Paradox
Christopher Battey, CI
Scatterplot - a thrice-weekly webcomic. College == chaos && chaos == fun.
Darth Paradox
Keenspot Despot

Postby Darth Avatar on Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:10 pm

Strange, it didn't used to...
Darth Avatar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Spaceman42 on Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:54 pm

Well, it's been a while since we had multiple Darths active on the forum.
My whole libido goes out to Austria-Hungary. - Sigmund Freud
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fool on Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:32 pm

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.
So which is which?

I wonder which Nancy would be...
Life is a joke, and it's on us.
We might as well laugh along.
Fool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: We're not really sure, but we wish he'd go back there.

Postby GrassyNoel on Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:20 pm

These are not the Darths you seek.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Darth Avatar on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:01 am

Fool wrote:Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.
So which is which?

IIRC, that question was asked a couple of years ago. I think it was decided that DP was the Master and I was the Apprentice, simply because he was a member of the forums for longer than I.
Darth Avatar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Rob on Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:50 am

Well, first I was busy with PEBC's, then I was busy working and rolling around in piles of cash, then I got hit by a truck. Anyway, I might contribute some Avalon fanart just as soon as I can think of something suitably perverse and/or disgusting.
Rob
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MarkusN on Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:57 am

Rob wrote:...just as soon as I can think of something suitably perverse and/or disgusting.

You do have a reputation to keep up, don't you? ;)
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Return to Avalon