Anomaly

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby Schol-R-LEA on Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:23 pm

MarkusN wrote:I think if we had Sal crash through the fourth wall into the Avalon-Avaloniverse (or would that be through the left or right?) it would spontaneously combust.

In Sal's case, wouldn't it be the fourth window that she'd break through?
Schol-R-LEA;2 ELF JAM LCF BiWM MGT GS
First Speaker, Last Eristic Church of Finagle and Holy Bisexuality || Keeper of the Tent Peg of Homosexuality +5
How long have you been a Mad Scientist?
#define KINSEY (rand() % 7) // Oinos! Oinos! Pentadaktyloi phylloi!
You draw it, we misinterpret it. - Bo Lindbergh
Realitas vestri renuo, sufficioque mei.// moderator of the GenderShifters LJ community
Schol-R-LEA
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:04 pm

Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:Ok, just to clear a few things up:
Nucking Futz I was drawn by Willis, and features cameoes from many Keen comics. Alison's appearance in the first one is the only Avalon cameo.
Ummm... Yeah. I failed to notice time around that NF II was drawn by David himself.

Me stoopid.

Schol-R-LEA wrote:In Sal's case, wouldn't it be the fourth window that she'd break through?
Yeah, windows are for entering and leaving. Ripping off doors is for breaking out, crashing walls is for breaking in.

Seems to be all the same to Sal Walters.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:11 pm

Yaknow, it could be a semi-crossover with Alice! They're just up the road in Ottawa, and it still seems to be spring/summer in that strip too.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby Spaceman42 on Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:17 pm

My whole libido goes out to Austria-Hungary. - Sigmund Freud
Souvenirs d'Avalon mirror site | My homepage | My Avalon Code | My CRFH!!! Code | SPEC ShoutCAST
Spaceman42
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:38 pm

But no Deirdre! Unless she somehow comes to life and smacks Robin down for stealing the food.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby gwalla on Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:24 pm

A Tim Horton's is hardly evidence that they're in Avalon.
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby K A H on Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:51 pm

GrassyNoel wrote:Actually I was referring only to 'people who lack common sense' :)

Ah. I suppose my misinterpretation of your post places me in that category! :) (I'm sure my immediate family would agree heartily with the assertion that I belong in that category if not for that specific reason.)

GrassyNoel wrote:Initially it could have been just a joke by David on Josh, but since the IW! of 11/11 I think we have to prepare for at least a cameo if not a crossover.

True - gwalla makes a good point that a TH is hardly unique to "Avalon", but given the prominent role played in "Avalon" by the Avalon branch (or at least the Avalon branch at which Deirdre works - it's my understanding that the typical Canadian settlement tends to sport more than one (as do areas near the Canadian border - there's one in Ann Arbor in the Student League building and one in nearby Belleville that is the only food dispensing place within easy driving distance of my flat that is open 24 hours)), it remains a possibility.

Of course, it could, indeed, still just be a colossal joke played by M'lud Willis on Sir Josh. (Possible evidence against: Robin's quip "Tastes like May" - I suspect it's still March or April at the latest in "Avalon".)

GrassyNoel wrote:
K A H wrote:I think I remember you mentioning said style of performance in some "What are your tastes in music?" thread a year or so ago; happens every Australia Day, correct?

Yes, the Army lends a hand.

Just dug up the programme from the performance I saw at the Albert Hall three years ago; there, the muskets and cannons were fired by members of the Moscow Militia, and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra was augmented for the piece (the concert closer, of course) by the Band of the Welsh Guards and the Royal Choral Society and the London Philharmonic Choir. As performances I've seen in the Albert Hall go, it's rivalled only by the two performances I've seen of Mahler's Symphony No.8, the famed "Symphony of a Thousand" (the second of which featured the combined forces of eight solo singers, the City of Birmingham Symphony Youth Chorus, the Toronto Children's Chorus, the City of Birmingham Symphony Chorus, the London Symphony Chorus, the Sydney Philharmonia Choirs, and the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain under the baton of Sir Simon Rattle. That wasn't a concert, it was a religious experience....)

GrassyNoel wrote:Sounds quite dangerous, even with blanks there'd be a lot of hot air coming out of those guns at a great rate, wouldn't there?

I didn't relish the idea of being in the galleries with the Moscow militiamen when the guns were going off, I'll say that. But the place certainly didn't burn down or collapse or anything. I suspect they just knew what they were doing? I don't know, I just revelled in the spectacle at the time.

GrassyNoel wrote:Thanks for that Doc. My brain is cooking, and not in a good way either.

Today's (11/11, Remembrance Day) maximum temperature here in Perth was 40.3C (104F). It was the hottest November day for 90 years. And the [url=http://www.bom.gov.au[/url]Bureau[/url] is predicting the same again for 12/11, which is my birthday.

And here's me complaining about the fact that today and tomorrow the high in Ann Arbor is supposed to be 60F (15.2C). (I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that the weather reporters on the local NPR stations seem to raise the expected high for a given date every day as the date in question draws near, especially in what is supposed to be winter. Monday: "And on Friday, a high around 35." Tuesday: "Highs on Friday around 45 degrees." Wednesday: "Friday's high around 65 degrees." Thursday: "Tomorrow's high, 90 degrees Fahrenheit." Friday morning: "High for today around the temperature of the Earth's core.")

But 104F, bloody hell. Is it actually the hottest November day since before WWI or are those just the oldest records they have? I'm glad I don't live in Australia at the moment. Even more surreal will be tales of those sorts of temperatures if the snows of winter fall on Ann Arbor. (Yes, I said "if".)

(Conversely, it was weird to be in Japan and Singapore while my parents and sister were in Sydney in July and hear tales of weather that necessitated lightweight sweaters, jackets, and long trousers while I was pouring thousands of yen into vending machines in a bid to stay hydrated in the sweltering heat of Kyoto.)

K.A.H.
Of course, they're having "unseasonable" warmth in "Avalon" as well at the moment. Why, the temperatures there are positively spring-like, but it's November! ;)
K A H
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:08 pm

gwalla wrote:A Tim Horton's is hardly evidence that they're in Avalon.

Indeed. There are 14 on my university campus in London alone. I don't know HOW many there are in the entire city (360,000 people).

(as do areas near the Canadian border - there's one in Ann Arbor in the Student League building and one in nearby Belleville that is the only food dispensing place within easy driving distance of my flat that is open 24 hours)),

Timmy's was bought out by the company that owns the Wendy's chain of fast food restauraunts. They have started to bring stores to the US since about 98 or 99. There are a bunch in Ohio now (but none in the bitty town I hail from...)
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby K A H on Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:00 am

Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:

Indeed. There are 14 on my university campus in London alone. I don't know HOW many there are in the entire city (360,000 people).

I presume that's the University of Western Ontario.... fourteen!? Well I'll be a son of a Scouser. (Wait a mo, I am the son of a Scouser.) Apparently, in terms of density of restaurants in urban areas, it really is the Canadian answer to McDonald's (there are at least three McDonald's branches in my birthtown in Ohio, a settlement of something like 18,000 people), isn't it?

Timmy's was bought out by the company that owns the Wendy's chain of fast food restauraunts. They have started to bring stores to the US since about 98 or 99. There are a bunch in Ohio now (but none in the bitty town I hail from...)

Aye, I remember passing one in the Columbus area some time in the last year or so. (Of course, the original Wendy's is in.... Dublin, I think? I've eaten there once or twice.) So far, though, none in the miniscule town in Ohio (pop. 2,500 or so, most of them Kenyon College students) in which is found my parents' house (but not my parents for most of the year), nor in the nearest urban settlement of appreciable size (my aforementioned birthtown). They're owned by the same company that owns Wendy's? That explains why the two restaurants are so often found side by side (particularly along Provincial Routes in southern Ontario, but also in the Michigan Student League).

I presume this means there's a Wendy's in Avalon as well, it's just of lesser importance to the plot?

K.A.H.
(They have the "It's great when you discover the job is as good as the coffee" recruitment ad in the front of the TH in the League. I've never had TH coffee, but if "Avalon" and "MegaToronto" - er, sorry, "Scatterplot" (;)) - are to be believed, the coffee must taste like bathwater.)
K A H
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MarkusN on Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:13 am

K A H wrote:(They have the "It's great when you discover the job is as good as the coffee" recruitment ad in the front of the TH in the League. I've never had TH coffee, but if "Avalon" and "MegaToronto" - er, sorry, "Scatterplot" (;)) - are to be believed, the coffee must taste like bathwater.)
Isn't that the very definition of American coffee?

As already stated on Nightstar: I somehow wonder about the lack of speculation to what Robin reacs with "Whoa!" I seriously doubt it's just a heap of doughnuts. She's mentioned those before, so that panel three is not really necessar plotwise if it was ment to mean "Whoa! Look at all these doughnuts going to waste!"

OK, me suggesting that she caught Deirdre and Ryan in the act by the dumpster is a bit far fetched, but I suppose it's something that will show up in her report to Walky, and something that pertains to the central topic of this storyline.

Concerning which, I am beginning to think that Willis is janking our collective chains, and that he'll put on an innocent look at the end of the chapter, pulling some off-bat explanation for the anomaly out of his ass.
"What? Mo poke fun at Avalon? Noooo! Look, that's what happened in the great white north, and it's got nothing to do with a certain high school and its students!"
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:24 am

MarkusN wrote:
K A H wrote:(They have the "It's great when you discover the job is as good as the coffee" recruitment ad in the front of the TH in the League. I've never had TH coffee, but if "Avalon" and "MegaToronto" - er, sorry, "Scatterplot" (;)) - are to be believed, the coffee must taste like bathwater.)
Isn't that the very definition of American coffee?

I think the phrase is 'love-in-a-canoe'.

MarkusN wrote:As already stated on Nightstar: I somehow wonder about the lack of speculation to what Robin reacs with "Whoa!" I seriously doubt it's just a heap of doughnuts. She's mentioned those before, so that panel three is not really necessar plotwise if it was ment to mean "Whoa! Look at all these doughnuts going to waste!"

What I'm wondering is, at what point in Robin's furiously efficient digestive process do the doughnuts stop being frozen in time, and start being normal doughnuts, but fourteen months out of code? It's academic anyway, as she probably would have slimmed down to normal by the fifth panel had there been one.

K A H wrote:But 104F, bloody hell. Is it actually the hottest November day since before WWI or are those just the oldest records they have?

Records here go back to 1876. Our absolute maximum was 46.7C / 116F a few summers ago. It was hot, but not unbearable because it's a dry heat. Not like Kyoto.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:48 am

K A H wrote:
Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:

I presume that's the University of Western Ontario.... fourteen!? Well I'll be a son of a Scouser. (Wait a mo, I am the son of a Scouser.) Apparently, in terms of density of restaurants in urban areas, it really is the Canadian answer to McDonald's (there are at least three McDonald's branches in my birthtown in Ohio, a settlement of something like 18,000 people), isn't it?

Hey! An American who has heard of my school! :D My guidance councellor was useless in my aplications to Canadian schools cuz she had never heard of ANY of them (and Western is a rather well known school too).

Aye, I remember passing one in the Columbus area some time in the last year or so. (Of course, the original Wendy's is in.... Dublin, I think? I've eaten there once or twice.) So far, though, none in the miniscule town in Ohio (pop. 2,500 or so, most of them Kenyon College students) in which is found my parents' house (but not my parents for most of the year), nor in the nearest urban settlement of appreciable size (my aforementioned birthtown). They're owned by the same company that owns Wendy's? That explains why the two restaurants are so often found side by side (particularly along Provincial Routes in southern Ontario, but also in the Michigan Student League).

I presume this means there's a Wendy's in Avalon as well, it's just of lesser importance to the plot?

Actually, the first Wendy's is in downtown Columbus, across the street from where the COSI used to be. They have a Timmys in there now as well. Though your assumption abou there being one in Dublin was not unfounded, as that is where Dave Thomas hailed from.

K.A.H.
(They have the "It's great when you discover the job is as good as the coffee" recruitment ad in the front of the TH in the League. I've never had TH coffee, but if "Avalon" and "MegaToronto" - er, sorry, "Scatterplot" (;)) - are to be believed, the coffee must taste like bathwater.)
Well, I'd like to be able to defend the coffee like a true Canadian, but I don't like coffee at all, so I've never had it.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:58 am

GrassyNoel wrote:I think the phrase is 'love-in-a-canoe'.
That, dear sir, is a characterisation of American beer. Well, the "light" variants anyway.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:16 am

Two days after I discovered Avalon, I wrote:
Bunny M wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Ceilidh is just overall cuter than Phoebe?
No, you're not :-) She's my favourite, even ahead of Deirdre. If she were only 10 years older ... oh, and a real person, she'd be pretty close to perfect.

Like I've said before, how time do fly.

Earlier in this thread, I wrote:Although initially, as I recall, I said something like if Alison were a real person I wouldn't give her the time of day. Trying to find that forum reference now (July/August 2002) ...

As it happens, I wasn't really that harsh on her initially:

In August 2002, I wrote:Alison is my favourite Avalonian. I'm not saying I'd like her if she were a real person but she has depth the others can't quite manage. Don't ask me to explain myself, as I failed English Lit at school .....

But just six weeks later, I wrote:Call it PSL if you want, but if Alison was say 5 years either side of me instead of minus 14, it wouldn't be PSL anymore. Plus she'd have to be a real person.
---
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby showler on Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:09 am

MarkusN wrote:I somehow wonder about the lack of speculation to what Robin reacs with "Whoa!" I seriously doubt it's just a heap of doughnuts. She's mentioned those before, so that panel three is not really necessar plotwise if it was ment to mean "Whoa! Look at all these doughnuts going to waste!"

You're looking at it wrong. Panel 1: Joke about Timmys. Panel 2: Sad about waste of sugar. Panel 3: Realization that sugar does not have to go to waste, and nobody would ever know (she's not looking at something in particular, the eyes shooting off to the side is common among cartoon characters who've been struck by a sudden realization). Panel 4: Entire contents of the Timmy gone (hopefully not the uncooked doughnuts), another dig at Avalon.

I doubt there will be any real crossover, the entire story will take place with the Avalon cast frozen in time. It would be funny if Josh referenced it in Avalon at some point, somebody mentioning the mysterious doughnut disappearances for instance.
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced." - anonymous

"Please. I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed." - Umya New Gold Dreams
showler
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Bo Lindbergh on Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:46 pm

Everybody will wonder why Nancy suddenly has "Walky was here!" written on her forehead, but nobody will dare mention it to her. ;)
Bo Lindbergh
Keenspot Despot

Postby gwalla on Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:17 pm

MarkusN wrote:
That, dear sir, is a characterisation of American beer. Well, the "light" variants anyway.

Any of the mass-produced varieties, not just "Lite".
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby K A H on Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:11 pm

I was under the impression that, as our learned colleagues from Switzerland and California point out, that turn of phrase is more typically applied to American beer. Mind you, I've never had more than a sip of anything alcoholic in my life (I did accidentally drink a mouthful of American beer once but I spat it out immediately upon realising what it was), so I can't judge one way or the other.

Besides, the last cup of Swiss coffee I had (which was probably when I passed through Geneva four years ago at the end of my first European backpacking trip) didn't exactly overwhelm me, so, Markus, people in glass houses and all that. :P

(As for British coffee, it's a subject best left untouched. Rather like a mug of the aforementioned beverage. ;))

K A H wrote:But 104F, bloody hell. Is it actually the hottest November day since before WWI or are those just the oldest records they have?

Records here go back to 1876. Our absolute maximum was 46.7C / 116F a few summers ago. It was hot, but not unbearable because it's a dry heat. Not like Kyoto.

I'm guessing most of Australia, when it suffers from heat, suffers from dry heat - am I right?

I think that's the hottest temperature I've ever endured, 116F. It was in either Zakynthos or Marrakech, and while staying in direct sunlight in the former was intolerable (my family spent two weeks there and I spent so little time in the sun that I didn't even get a suntan), it was at least a dry heat. More so in Marrakech, it being on the edge of the Sahara and all that.

Kyoto, though.... ouch. That was a miserable heat. Singapore as well - the temperatures there are usually in the 90s Fahrenheit year round, but it's so bloody humid that it feels much warmer. The American Midwest gets that way most summers as well, I've found. Perhaps I should pursue faculty positions at Aussie universities when I get my PhD in three and a half years....

Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:Hey! An American who has heard of my school! :D My guidance councellor was useless in my aplications to Canadian schools cuz she had never heard of ANY of them (and Western is a rather well known school too).

I can't remember where I learned that Western Ontario is in London, but I've known it for a long time. It's an exception rather than a rule, though, most of the other Canadian universities whose locations I know have it in their title (Waterloo, Toronto, etc.) except for the most well-known ones that don't (McGill, Simon Fraser, UBC). That said, I've been swotting up on Canadian universities while researching the possibility of nabbing a faculty position at one of them when I'm finally Dr.K.A.H. But that's thinking a bit far ahead! :)

(I actually saw an advertisement in the maths department at Michigan for a faculty position at Sir Josh's own alma mater, Carleton, just last year. I suspect it's long gone by now, though. Not that I'd have been qualified!)

I remember driving across southern Ontario en route to a cousin's house two summers ago and, as we passed signs for the likes of Waterloo, London, Guelph, and so forth, spouting off random bits of trivia about those cities to my surprised mother, who asked me how I knew all these things about this part of Canada. She was bemused, to say the least, when I explained that most of that knowledge came from reading "Avalon"!

Actually, the first Wendy's is in downtown Columbus, across the street from where the COSI used to be. They have a Timmys in there now as well. Though your assumption abou there being one in Dublin was not unfounded, as that is where Dave Thomas hailed from.

Ah, that's right. I keep reversing those. Yeah, we used to eat there after visiting COSI back in the days when it was in that weird rectangular black glass building. I think the last time I went there was when I was 16, as I remember explaining the equation for the period of a pendulum, which we'd just covered in my high school physics class, to my brother as we were watching the Foucault's pendulum exhibit, and one of the staff members overheard us and we spent a few moments discussing the basic physics of periodic motion. Ah, memories. My sister worked at the new location a few years later, but I've never been there.

Well, I'd like to be able to defend the coffee like a true Canadian, but I don't like coffee at all, so I've never had it.

Returning to some semblance of on topic, it seems the serious coffee drinkers in this forum, if there are any, are keeping schtum on the subject. Perhaps TH coffee really is borderline undrinkable, and the recruitment ad is telling the truth, as, it seems, are "Avalon" and "Scatterplot".

K.A.H.
I wonder how the job and the coffee compare at Hildegarde's?
K A H
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GrassyNoel on Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:22 pm

K A H wrote:I was under the impression that, as our learned colleagues from Switzerland and California point out, that turn of phrase is more typically applied to American beer.

Yes, but I first encountered it in reference to coffee. The polar opposite of how Garfield has his - so strong that it won't fall out of the mug on a cold morning.

K A H wrote:I'm guessing most of Australia, when it suffers from heat, suffers from dry heat - am I right?

Yes, the tropics resemble adjacent areas such as Singapore. Went there in January '95. Not extremely hot, but the air was full of water, and it rained every afternoon. Bought the T-shirt too: the one that says 'Singapore is a FINE city'.

K A H wrote:I wonder how the job and the coffee compare at Hildegarde's?

Working alongside Alison would have its moments, sure.

Back on topic, in today's IW!, we have confirmation that squad 128 is in Avalon.
---
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:42 pm

K A H wrote: My sister worked at the new location a few years later, but I've never been there.

We actually held our Senior Prom there the other year in the space exhibit. But I have never been in the rest of the building.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:46 am

In August 2002, Neil wrote:Alison is my favourite Avalonian. I'm not saying I'd like her if she were a real person but she has depth the others can't quite manage. Don't ask me to explain myself, as I failed English Lit at school .....
And Neil's nostalgia made me re-discover this gem:

svenman wrote:
Josh Phillips wrote:
Walky wrote:It'd be cool if Mr. Page spun around and whipped out a revolver, and Alison jumped up all Matrix-like and then landed a kicking blow to his head as bullets punctured the wall behind Eri--
Wait... can I extort a guest week out of you still??
That would be mighty cool - "AVALON GOES BRIGGING FANANAS." Or whatever.

Just... DW, no offense meant... but Josh, I've got a hunch that you might want to keep such a guest week off-canon.

Sound familiar?!

gwalla wrote:
MarkusN wrote:
Any of the mass-produced varieties, not just "Lite".
That has me think of a not-so-mass-produced one. Mmmmh Samuel Adams...

K A H wrote:Besides, the last cup of Swiss coffee I had (which was probably when I passed through Geneva four years ago at the end of my first European backpacking trip) didn't exactly overwhelm me, so, Markus, people in glass houses and all that. :P
If coffe were a product of national pride I'd have to object, but it isn't. This ain't Italy. I can give my American friends give the jitters with our brew, though.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby JHU Battousai on Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:17 am

Hrm... Is it just me, or does this building resemble this one quite a bit?
The Lynch Vault - Avalon Stats, Code, and Color
Avalon Code 1.01a(r5): R+++ S+ F+ IRC+ FA-- GA- FF SN+ SA+ CMV+++ LY+ f{C++ D 1:63} D{T-- I-} rR PSL P{CJ+ L!- I*-- RD++) !W
JHU Battousai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fool on Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:09 pm

Joyce called it a school...

... so it's probably something entirely different.
Life is a joke, and it's on us.
We might as well laugh along.
Fool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: We're not really sure, but we wish he'd go back there.

Postby MarkusN on Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:25 pm

JHU Battousai wrote:Hrm... Is it just me, or does this building resemble this one quite a bit?
It's not just you. The Nighties have found out as well.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby svenman on Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:46 pm

MarkusN wrote:And Neil's nostalgia made me re-discover this gem:

svenman wrote:
Josh Phillips wrote:
Walky wrote:It'd be cool if Mr. Page spun around and whipped out a revolver, and Alison jumped up all Matrix-like and then landed a kicking blow to his head as bullets punctured the wall behind Eri--
Wait... can I extort a guest week out of you still??
That would be mighty cool - "AVALON GOES BRIGGING FANANAS." Or whatever.

Just... DW, no offense meant... but Josh, I've got a hunch that you might want to keep such a guest week off-canon.

Sound familiar?!

Heh. :) And now, it seems, David Willis is actually pulling off something roughly similar, but in a quite unexpected fashion...
svenman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Avalon