[FANFIC] Operation March Break-Up

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

[FANFIC] Operation March Break-Up

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:02 am

(Note before Fanfic - this takes place at the same time as a current strip, and deals with plotlines that will be taken care of once Josh gets back in his stride. Enjoy!)

---

It was a dark, windy night in the small town of Avalon. As the wind blew over the houses and streets, over the people and animals, it heard enough stories to fill a library. Over it's lifetime, this town had been a hotspot for stories, giving birth to a myriad and continuing even more. Tonight, this wind would witness the end of one story, and the beginning of another...

The wind blew towards the local Tim Hortons, where the lights burst out as the night shift went on once more. As Deirdre Bradley cleaned cups behind the counter, a youth sat nearby, racked with worry about many things. He ran his hand through his short blond hair, and looked at his watch for the fifth time in ten minutes.
"Where in God's name is Joe? He said he'd be here by nine!" he muttered under his breath. Playing with his pen, he doodled an the piece of paper in front of him. He sighed, then muttered "Before he's been so... enthusiastic, but know he won’t even turn up." He stopped as a quiet beeping came from his left leg. Picking up the mobile phone, he answered.
"Yeah. Ah, Joe! Where the hell are you?… Uh-huh… Uh-huh… YOU DID WHAT!?!" Alan screamed down the line. "You dumped Ceilidh? Oh boy… O.K. then, I guess Operation March Break-up is off." Alan turned off the phone and rubbed his face. Crushing the piece of paper he now held, he started "Well, that’s the end of-" but never finished. Instead he jumped two feet in the air as a voice from behind him said …

"Hey Alan. What’s wrong with Joe?"

(To Be Continued…)

[EDIT: Thanks Tenma. MSWord might correct your spelling, but not your anotomical misjudgements]
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:19 am

Nancy blinked, as Alan gibbered around the seats, finally choosing one on the other side of her. Climbing into his vacated seat, she unrolled the ball of paper next to her and read "Fire - already used - but not a failure". She laughed, then put it down and faced him.
"Well? What’s wrong with Joe?" She repeated.
"He’s broken up with Ceilidh. Something about his father being back, I dunno what, and him doing what he should of done. The guy’s an idiot as far as I’m concerned" replied Alan, thinking to himself that at least Joe had dumped his girlfriend. He hadn’t.
As he thought, he missed the momentary scowl that passed across her face. She had wanted to ruin both their lives for what they had done, and yet they had done it for. Still, there was other business to deal with.
"Well, what will be, will be. But what are you so quiet about, sulking here in Timmy’s in the middle of the night?" Nancy asked candidly.
"Well, Joe an- wait why should I tell you? You want to kill him!" Alan answered back, cautiously at least.
"Alan, Alan, Alan. That’s Politics, this is just two people talking." Nancy replied, sighing. "Politics is like religion. Viewed from the outside, it’s full of lies and cheap magic tricks, But from the inside, it all looks true and fulfilling. People who would normally have no place in society are heralded at the top in it, it gives people a place to belong in, a sense of… need."
"And religion is like that too." She finished.
"Yeah, I guess so. But why talk to me?" Asked Alan, like a mouse to a tiger.
"Because you look so tired from trying to get away from Helene, and all you’re doing is bringing her closer. Why don’t you take a break for once? This is March Break you know, " Nancy suggested "Why don’t you take one?"
"Yeah, you’re right, I guess. And I guess Joe could do with one too…" Alan started but Nancy interrupted. "No. Just you and me, OK? How about the new club that’s just opened in town?"

(To Be Continued)
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:32 am

The sun rose on the, for now at least, quiet town of Avalon, and last night’s wind moved away from Timmy’s and settled in the suburbs of the town. A quiet morning, yet a Friday’s nevertheless. Few people dotted the streets at this quiet hour, but stories could still begin, and end, and begin again. As one door opened, another closed. The door that opened was that of Helene Richer. In the dawn sunlight, her golden blonde hair sparkled, and her blemish-free face shined like the sun it reflected. One of the most popular girls at the local school, she would have been a cheerleader if this town was but a few hundred miles south. Instead was a girl not concerned with popularity, and therefore blessed with it. As she bent down to pick up the local paper off the mat, her eyes widened she removed a note from the top.
Helene,
Meet me at the new club in town at ten o’clock tonight. I have something I want to tell you.
Love, Alan

Her heart fluttered as she read the rushed but readable script of her long-time boyfriend, Alan Gunderson. True, their relationship had been on the rocks longer than the Titanic, and he certainly had strange ways of showing his affection - usually involving fire - but she still li- loved him. Not noticing the fact that the note seemed purposefully made scrawled, she went inside, sighing at what might happen that night.

As she shut the door, a nearby shadow shifted inside a hedge, partly because of the wind, and partly because was so pleased. It spoke just one word…

"Excellent…"

(To Be Continued)
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:46 pm

(Sorry this is late, but the forum was down on Sunday. However, look out for my artwork that will compliment this soon.)

The wind blew on, as the night rolled on once more and the weekend became ever closer. The wind blew through the streets, past houses and trees, where anything and everything was happening at once. It blew into the limits, just past the Moira River and past the New Club, the latest bar/club to spring up in Avalon. Here, Nancy Kawasaki was putting in place the final steps of her plan.

"OK, a little here, a little there… Hrrm, this had better work…" she thought as she applied her make-up. Leaving the girl’s toilets, her eyes fell on a young boy, his blond hair rippling in the wind from the door behind, his physique outlined perfectly by his clothes. Blinking, she stuttered "Christopher?" before noticing it was Alan. She considered for a moment whether this was the right thing to do, but dismissed.

"She must pay. She must!" she muttered as she walked over to Alan, her high heels clicking and her knee-high skirt showing off her long, luscious legs. "I hate demeaning myself this way, but…" she sighed, before welcoming a gobsmacked Alan.

Alan’s jaw fell forward as he watched Nancy, sullen as ever, walk over to him. "Glide" might have been a better word, and he thought to himself that he might have "jumped into a puddle and fell into the sea", as his mother used to say. Muttering something under her breath, she stopped and welcomed him.
"Hey Alan. I see you made it."
"Er, yeah. Um, shall we…" was all Alan could say, before he was pulled onto the dance floor for a night he would never forget…

(To Be continued)
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:49 am

(Apologies in advance for a late Fic and any double posts)

And, so the night begin in earnest. The people danced their troubles of the week away, whilst others danced to create troubles for the weeks ahead. Every dance from the Anaconda to the Zebra was happening at the very same time, but one couple danced one dance, at the centre of it all. They washed their angst away and embraced what was to come. Alan was being to enjoy himself for the first time in a long time. He couldn't believe that Nancy was right. This was good. This was fun.

"Y' know Nancy, if you were like... this with most people, I think they'd like you more." said Alan. "Even Joe."

"You're right, in a way Alan, but... I prefer being on the outside. I can view all the eddies and streams of everything that happens, without getting hurt" she replied, thinking to herself "Like last time. All men are like that, including... well that had to end. I couldn't... oh why did have end?" She put her arms around Alan, and sighed. "Christopher, why did you have to leave Avalon?"

Alan did a double take as Nancy put her arms around him, put in his grasp, she felt soft, fragile, like a lily flower. One wrong move, and all her built up emotions would come billowing out. He knew it was true with Helene, although he had never seen, just taking Joe's word. He relaxed, and looked at the clock. Ten to Ten o-clock.
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:19 am

(Bonus Fanfic whilst I wait for a working scanner. All names made up as I've never seen this soap)

The sun sets on a large house, and we can see through the window two women arguing.

Selene: You've been sleeping with Davoh? How could you sleep with him when you're engaged to my only son, Brad?

Charity: Quite easily actually, since I secretly married him last week!

Selene: But how? That means this pregancy test I found is yours!

Charity: What?
Brad: What?
Charity: Brad! You're...back!
Brad: Yes, I survived Davoh's attempts to kill me, and I learnt something else - you aren't my mother Selene!

Selene - So you found out... but did you find out... that Charity is your sister?
Brad: No! It's impossible! I found out Davoh is Charity's brother!
Davoh: That's not all, long lost brother!
Brad: You!
Davoh: Yes me. For you see, I have been carefully planning this for years Ha Ha Ha!!!
Selene: You forgot got one thing Davoh!
Davoh: What?
Selene: THIS!
*pulls off mask*
CATS: All Your Base are belong to us!
Davoh: What you say !!
Brad: Take off every "zig"! For great justice!

"Phoebe..."
"OK, even I admit that they've run out of ideas. Coupling?"
"OK."

(Next week - back to our regular programme)
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:00 pm

Nancy also eyed the clock, and saw her plan was coming together. Pushing way her emotions, she lifted up her head and gave Alan the full Bambi eyes.
"Alan, there's another reason to all this. To why I asked here. Y'see...oh, it's really hard to say!"
"Nancy, that's OK, just say what've you've got to say." replied Alan, wondering if this was the emotional outburst he's been expecting.
"I think it's better if neither of us speak, and we just do...this." And at that, she put her arm around his head, and brought it close to hers. Not flinching at all, their lips touched, then stayed there, in full motion. All thoughts were expelled from Alan's brain, which wasn't hard, as they kissed. But one thought came up. "I thought you cared" she would say,
"I thought you at least cared." As the passionate embrace went on, he realised that he wasn't hearing his thoughts... he moved his lips from Nancy's, opened his eyes and saw...

"I thought you cared." Helene said, as quiet as a mouse, yet heard by the entire room. Tears pored down her cheeks as she realised her hard work labour for the past three years had been ruined by a ten second kiss. Turning to run, she sobbed "I thought you at least cared!".

"Helene, no!" shouted Alan, but it was too late.

(To be Continued)
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:24 pm

(201st post! Wiigii!)

Seeing Helene rush out of the club, Alan ran after her, pushing through the crowd in a desperate but futile attempt to reach her. By the time he exited the club, He could only see Helene as a tiny dot running up to the river bridge. He muttered "No. Why now? Why?" under his breath, then turned around to see Nancy behind him.

"Why Nancy? Why did you use me for your petty games? The reason I haven't let Helene go yet is becuase I didn't want to hurt her!" Alan snarled at her, furious with himself as well as Nancy. How could he have been so dumb?

"You must realise that the longer it went on, the more it would hurt. I was simply the catalyst for this. Can I help it if you're a coward, Alan?" she replied, her calmness contradicting the mess of emotions happening underneath. "Goodbye, Alan." she said, walking up the road. Alan could only watch as she left him.

"Why?"

"Why?" Helene sobbed, running down the road, hardly seeing where she was running. She simply followed the path, and only noticed where she was when she heard rushing water that wasn't on her face. Stopping for a moment with her tears still blurring her vision, she thought over what happened again, still in disbelief. As she climbed on to the bridge's ledge, she thought over what her relationship with Alan had been - a desperate attempt to stretch two weeks of happiness over two years of trying. And all destroyed in two seconds. It was something that should never have happened, but it had.

"Helene?" A voice said from nearby. Twisting around to see who it was, she slipped on the wet brickwork, and saw the water of the river closer than ever...

(To Be Continued...)
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:57 pm

(Celebratory 4th Anniversary Fic.)

"It was the right thing to do. I know it was. I was just hurting her feelings one way or another. It had to end. It had to." Joe muttered, as he walkld through the forest, listening to the total silence of the night. He could hear on the edge the noises from Avalon, but the trees all but muffled the sound.

"So why do I regret it? I should never have said yes. It's all my fault". Stopping, he looked over at where he was. Just in front of him was Moira Bridge, and sitting on the ledge sobbing was Helene. Taken by surprise, he blurted out "Helene?" before walking over. But as she turned to see him, she screamed as she slipped off the wet ledge, and fell from view. Running to the ledge Joe desperately flung out his hand to grab Helene's.
"No! Not now!" He breathed, and grabbed her hand. Snatching it in both hands, he slowly pulled Helene up, and she delicately climbed back over the ledge.

"Oh it's you." She sniffed, tears still pouring down her cheeks. "I thought it might be Alan."

"Alan? Why, what's he done?" Joe asked, knowing already. He had finally dunped her, and this was the result. He'd-

"He was kissing Nancy Kawasaki." Helene replied, and Joe jumped two foot in the air, thinking "HE WHAT?!? What was he thinking?"

(To Be Continued)
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:04 am

"How could he have so stupid?" Joe moaned, covering his eyes with his hand. He continued to mutter under his breath for several seconds, and only just noticed Helene's whimpering's from below. He removed his hand at looked at her from below.

"What's the matter Helene? Are you hurt? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" Joe asked, sitting next to her. Helene was lying against the wall of the bridge, and whimpering in pain. A large bruise was forming on her leg, and she was visibly shaking. "She's probaly gone into shock - losing Alan, then nearly falling into the Moira..." Joe thought, and he put his arm around her, trying to comfort her.
"Helene, it's going to be OK. Nancy must have tricked him somehow, but even then he shouldn't have done it. But you've still got me! And Alison, and Phoebe an-" Joe told her, but Helene shook him off. She tried getting up, but winced at the pain.
"No I haven't. The only reason you guys are friends with me is becuase of Alan. You'll all pick him over me, just like Nancy. You all see me as the dumb blonde, good for comedy relief but not as a true friend. Alan was a good friend, but now I realise that was all he was. I should seen his unhappiness ages ago... and now I've lost you all." Helene said pensively. She had obviously seen this day coming, however much she didn't want it to come.
"Helene you have got us! I'll still be friends with you!" Joe retorted, instantly thinking about his bad choice of words. "I'm here for you Helene."

"No you're not. You're just here becuase of Ceilidh." Helene replied. "Jackie Corner said she saw her runing towards Phoebe's house in tears. Only you could make her be like that."

Joe got up, and lent against the other side of the bridge.

(To Be Continued)
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:06 pm

"I... I didn't want to do that do her. I... I never meant for it to end like... like this. She was the one who asked me out, and she looked so fragile at the time... I couldn't say no." Joe said, half to thin air and half to Helene. He sighed. "Last night my father cam back from Toronto with Alison. Turns out he'd left that... that girlfriend of his to date my... my aunt, Melissa. Y'know, the one that wanted to set up a catering business? He told me about how he had met Mom - that he had really wanted to be with Melissa, but had never gotten the chance. He gave me a lot of good advice... and some difficult choices." Joe finished, and looked at the water running beneath the river.

"He told you to go for the one you really loved, right? That's why you dumped Ceilidh - you didn't love her, she was just... in the wrong place at the right time?" Helene asked. She looked at Joe's penseive figure in front of her, and wondered who this girl was. "So who do you really love Joe? Alison? You tend to hang out with her a lot..."

"What! No!" Joe burst out, and a slight smile rose on his face.

"How about Phoebe? I seem to recall you revealing your feelings for her in Year Nine, and sending her into that Todd's arms instead..." Helene suggested.

"No, it's not her either... I don't know what my feelings are for her anymore... but they're not like that." Joe sighed. "Helene, the person who I have feelings for, true feelings is..." He turned, and saw comprehension dawn on Helene's beautiful face. He decided to go for it, but Helene beat him to it.

"It's me isn't it... you love me."
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:38 pm

Joe stood there, waiting for the torrid silence to end. The wind whistled around Helene as she lay on her knees, and Helene herself stared at the stony bridge that she lay on.

"Am I right?" She asked, arching her head up at Joe. "Am I the one you've loved all this time?" She repeated defiantly. "Even though I've been dating your best friend? Is that why you've been talking in secret with him, why you dumped Ceilidh..." She continued, but Joe stopped her.

"Yes, I mean no, no, I don't know what I know anymore!" He exclaimed, and turned his back to her and looked at the fast-flowing river below. "Ever since you moved here in Ninth Grade I've loved you. You didn't care about popularity, you were just...you, true to yourself, not trying to impress anyone. Not like me. I thought you were way out of my league, so when Alan decided to go for you to, I...I couldn't bring up the courage to ask you out. Losing you to Alan affected me so wildly... I ended up forcing my best friend into a violent relationship, losing her becuase of my crazed hormones. But I never stopped loving you, even when I dated Ceilidh becuase I didn't want to see her hurt. But then, last night, my father came back. Told me his life story. And I saw myself when he was telling me about himself. In order for me to get the greatest pleasure, I had to... hurt Ceilidh's feelings, something I'd never have want to do in a million years. " He paused, and turned back to Helene. "I did it anyway, becuase I wanted you. I love you, Helene Richer." He sighed, and stared at the bricked ground. Here comes the rejection... he thought as the silence filled the scene once more. He half expected a tumbleweed to pass between them.

"I... I don't know what to say Joe. I've been so blinded by my relationship wth Alan... I never looked outside it. In a way, Nancy's awakened me to the truth, just as you awakened Ceilidh to the truth. But... I'm not sure whether I want the blue pill, or the red pill. I'm not sure what to think at all. I'm not really sure who my friends are. I... don't want to lose you as a friend but I also know that a relationship with you would be as great as it was with Alan." Helene replied, knowing the full meaning of that last analogy. Reaching out to Joe, he caught her hand and pulled her up to his level. Putting his arm around her shoulder, he asked the inevitable. "So what do you think?"

"I think that, at the very least, you're the best friend in the world, Joe. And I also think I should have this leg looked at. It hurts like heck." She replied, and Joe smiled at her as her innocence shown at him like the sun again. The wind blew through her hair, and the mist around her gave the effect of a halo as the moon shown through the clouds. Half Moon! Damn!

"Come on, I'll phone your mother - she can come and pick you up." He said, helping her walk along the road. She lay her head on his shoulder, and Joe thought And at the very most, what do you think we could be?

THE END

Credits:

Director: Robert Slater.

Characters Copyright: Josh Phillips.

Starring:

Alan Gunderson

Deirdre Bradley

Nancy Kawasaki

Helene Richer

Ceilidh Mcfarlane

Phoebe Bradley

Joseph Page

Story: Robert Slater

Proofreader: Tenma, the rest of the Lynchers.

COMING SOON: After Avalon: Enter The Disctrict...
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Avalon