[Fanart] Pastels...

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby packy on Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:40 pm

Strom Thurmond

Born December 5, 1902.

First elected to the US Senate as a senator from South Carolina in 1954 as a Democrat. A write-in candidate, no less.

In 1964, he switched to the Republican party.

He's very conservative, and very powerful, being not only the oldest but the longest-serving member of the US Senate.

Trivia: becuase of Strom Thurmond's longevity, South Carolina's other senator, Fritz Hollings, has been in the Senate since 1966 and at 72-ish years old is the US Senate's oldest junior senator.

So, like I said, when I'm 100 years old, I hope to be dead. I'm a third of the way there. :wink:
Proudly hosting the It's Walky!/Avalon Fanart Gallery to ensure that spreading quality fanart doesn't require your own webserver. Email or PM for a login to post pictures.
packy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Hayasaka Kosei on Sat Jul 13, 2002 1:11 pm

Sanna wrote:royalfool: there IS no spoon. didn't the Matrix teach you ANYthing? Not even kung fu?

Are there chopsticks?
Hayasaka Kosei
CRFH Code version 3.2
R+ D&X-- !WB F+ PSL+ U++ IRC BSL++ RPG+++ P+++ I+ E? GN+++ AI+++

Image Shwing!
Hayasaka Kosei
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fool on Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:25 pm

Bunny M wrote:*hands Fool a longer snorkel, so he can sink to new depths*

OT
Fool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: We're not really sure, but we wish he'd go back there.

Postby jessica85r on Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:50 pm

I'm not saying anything that hasn;t been said, but I love the trees in the background (they FEEL like trees if tbat makes any sense) and Ceilidh's smile is great.
jessica85r
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GrassyNoel on Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:11 pm

Bunny M wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Ceilidh is just overall cuter than Phoebe?

No, you're not :-) She's my favourite, even ahead of Deirdre. If she were only 10 years older ... oh, and a real person, she'd be pretty close to perfect.

rgds
Neil
Perth - paesano!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby dumas on Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:55 pm

Very good fanart Mzacher, keep up your good work :D
dumas
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby royalfool on Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:17 pm

Sanna wrote:royalfool: there IS no spoon. didn't the Matrix teach you ANYthing? Not even kung fu?

Hmm, I don't seem to recall Matrix's comment about spoons. Is during that meal scene? Or maybe it was cut out in the TV/home vid. version.

As for kung fu...cranes are our friends! XD
"To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war." - speech (1954) Churchill, Sir Winston
royalfool
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bunnyThor on Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:55 pm

Sanna wrote:Re Strom Thurmond:
I believe he is an American Senator type person who keeps getting re-elected, and has been in the Senate for, what, 50 year???? I remember learning about him, but I guess I forgot...... (something about the Vietnam time period and peace doves and war hawks and the like).

At any rate, the reference is to a Really Old Man that half the people love and half the people hate.

Actually the reference was more towards the people complaining about the age gap between Ryan and Deeds. Below is the key biographical details that make Strom Thuman (born 1902) relevant.

He married Nancy Janice Moore (1946- ), daughter of Paul Robinson and Julie Moore of Aiken, South Carolina on December 22, 1968. They had four children: Nancy Moore (1971-1993), James Strom II (1972- ), Juliana "Julie" Gertrude (1974- ) and Paul Reynolds (1976- ).
Can you subtract 1902 from 1946? I knew you could. When they were married, he was 66 and she was 22. His eldest son is *70* years younger than him.

Compared to this the gap between Ryan and Deeds seems puny indeed.
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby GrassyNoel on Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:23 am

bunnyThor wrote:Actually the reference was more towards the people complaining about the age gap between Ryan and Deeds.

<snip>

Compared to this the gap between Ryan and Deeds seems puny indeed.

Doesn't it, but I'm not one of those complaining :) My last gf was 12 years older than me, but by the time I found that out it didn't matter. She looked after herself well.

See my new avatar - My glasses broke so I borrowed Ryan's. He said he wouldn't need them tonight, something about 'close work'. What light through yonder window breaks? I do believe it's Deeds' car...

[What's that? She doesn't have a car? Don't rain on my little fanfic :)]

'Night Rye, have a good one! Several, even!

rgds
Neil
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Erky on Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:51 am

No spoon? Then how is one expected to drink soup?

I believe The Matrix also taught a lot of children some really interesting ways to hurt themselves.

There is no caricature.
Erky the Psychedelic Heterodoxy

-----

"You vill be greeted by zer pokink und no ozzer vay!"
-- From a rejected draft of Forum Lore
Erky
Junior Keenspotter

Previous

Return to Avalon