OT ques about posting pics

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

OT ques about posting pics

Postby Harlenna on Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:57 pm

so here I am, wanting to post a few pics, some of my art (one of my oil paintings) and one or two of me, complete with ribbons in my hair from Easter, and I'm not sure how to do it. Not completely anyway. I know I have to scan them, that's not a problem, I can do that at a 24 copy place somewhere and throw them in Adobe Acrobat. My other question is do I need to host them somewhere in order to post them here? Can you see that in some ways I don't have a clue how to do this? some help would be greatly appreciated.

I know me posting pics is completely out of nowhere because we aren't doing something as nifty as the Glasses thread or some such other, but I believe I promised Asha and Nick and a few others that I would post picks someday if i could find a camera. and so now i have a few pics to show. Don' know if anyone rightly cares as far as interest goes, but that's okay. I jus' wanted to do it because I've seen so many of your faces over the past year or two that I've known you it didn't seem right that I didn't return the favor. Not to mention the fact that I feel comfortable enough doing that here, because this has been the only message board where i have found such quality people to hang out with and talk to.

Granted I haven't been around much of late, but that is because my whole family is being uprooted from their home and is doing the completely disgusting and annoying process of packing and house hunting and hopefully, eventually, moving. It hasn't been fun. It's still not fun, and sometimes I try to do a few little things to make things fun again. this is one of them I hope, despite how the forum has changed a bit over the years.

but any info would be appreciated and I hope you all are well

the curly-haired muppet,
Harlenna
Harlenna
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: OT ques about posting pics

Postby gwalla on Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:25 pm

Harlenna wrote:so here I am, wanting to post a few pics, some of my art (one of my oil paintings) and one or two of me, complete with ribbons in my hair from Easter, and I'm not sure how to do it. Not completely anyway. I know I have to scan them, that's not a problem, I can do that at a 24 copy place somewhere and throw them in Adobe Acrobat. My other question is do I need to host them somewhere in order to post them here?

Yes.
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Re: OT ques about posting pics

Postby mzacher on Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:02 pm

gwalla wrote:
Harlenna wrote:so here I am, wanting to post a few pics, some of my art (one of my oil paintings) and one or two of me, complete with ribbons in my hair from Easter, and I'm not sure how to do it. Not completely anyway. I know I have to scan them, that's not a problem, I can do that at a 24 copy place somewhere and throw them in Adobe Acrobat. My other question is do I need to host them somewhere in order to post them here?

Yes.

...gotta love those concise answers. :D

Well, as long as the images aren't too big, I can offer hosting services for a while. (Gotta check with my Sysadmin/Supreme Overlord first, but I can't see any problems there)
But on the other hand, many people have had difficulties seeing things on my server (Technical Explanation: 'Why? Dunno.' :) ).

Drop me a mail if you want to try, assuming someone here doesn't offer you something more useful. :)
mzacher
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Avalon