LOOKING 4 ARTIST (4 new web comic)

General discussion!

Moderators: Kisai, Chris Crosby

Forum rules
Keenspot is not responsible for content posted by members of the forum.

Postby J. on Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:46 pm

That's the worst post in this thread so far.
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sam on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:09 pm

Knock it if you like. When I worked with aspie kids it was the first lesson I was taught about kiddos with the full-blown disorder. Within days, the importance of that lesson was evident.
Sam
Keenspot Deity

Postby Tensu of the moon on Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:13 pm

I don't think any mental handicaps are handicaps at all. they are different ways of thinking. each has It's own set of pros and cons. I have lived with OCD for years now, and while my antisocial behavior and strange "rituals" have set me aside from "normal" people, at the same time I often find myself wondering how thease people manage to be so stupid.

most of the smartest, wisest, heroic people in history have shown one or more telltale symptoms of thease "disorders"

where have all the heros gone? to the psychiatrist, so he could "help" them.

many modern psycologists share this opinion.
forgive my atrioucious spelling.

reads: goblins, bruno the bandit, antihero for hire, darken, banished!, elf only inn, comic i refuse to mention as part of a protest of the belittleing and demeaning use of the word God.

Quote-"let's face it, sci-fi and fantasy fans love to complain about works of fiction. I know I do"-Tarol Hunt

oh, and in case you where wondering, there is a God.
Tensu of the moon
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nocturn on Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:31 pm

Tensu wrote:I don't think any mental handicaps are handicaps at all.

Yeah, 'cause that's why they're called handicaps.

they are different ways of thinking. each has It's own set of pros and cons. I have lived with OCD for years now, and while my antisocial behavior and strange "rituals" have set me aside from "normal" people, at the same time I often find myself wondering how thease people manage to be so stupid.

Your disorder handicaps your social life. I don't even think your OCD is your reason for your anti-social behaviour. It's your arrogance, it's your tendency to put yourself above 'normal' people that causes your anti-social behaviour. Quite frankly, you're just an arrogant jack-ass.

most of the smartest, wisest, heroic people in history have shown one or more telltale symptoms of thease "disorders"

Sources, now.

Besides, what the hell is a hero to you? If you honestly mean to imply that having a mental disorder makes you a hero, then your arrogance is really sickening.

Again, I demand sources.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

My humbleness is better THAN EVERYONE ELSES!!!!1111

Postby Thy Brilliance on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:31 am

Nocturn wrote:
Tensu wrote:I don't think any mental handicaps are handicaps at all.

Yeah, 'cause that's why they're called handicaps.

Depends if you're an optimist or not. Some people call handicaps challenges, especially if they like challenges. Also, there are ways to turn your liabilities into assets.

Nocturn wrote:
they are different ways of thinking. each has It's own set of pros and cons. I have lived with OCD for years now, and while my antisocial behavior and strange "rituals" have set me aside from "normal" people, at the same time I often find myself wondering how thease people manage to be so stupid.

Your disorder handicaps your social life. I don't even think your OCD is your reason for your anti-social behaviour. It's your arrogance, it's your tendency to put yourself above 'normal' people that causes your anti-social behaviour. Quite frankly, you're just an arrogant jack-ass.

While I agree that the social life may be hampered down slightly, due to the disorder, arrogance has a *very* weak correlation to antisocial behavior. On top of this, while people are considered equal under the law, (supposedly), only a fool would claim that we are all "equal" beings. We all have our flaws, and we all have our strengths. People take pride in their strengths. I would find it hard to believe that any person does not ascertain their "worth" in comparison to others. I also find it hard to believe that any person insecure enough to mock people for their flaws, while at the same time calling their own flaws "insignificant" and their strengths to be of "high quality" would have much "worth" at all.

Nocturn wrote:

Sources, now.

Sources would be nice.

Nocturn wrote:Besides, what the hell is a hero to you? If you honestly mean to imply that having a mental disorder makes you a hero, then your arrogance is really sickening.

Having a mental disorder gives you an excuse to not perform at your best level. It's always very tempting to just say "I could have done better if it weren't for the disorder." Motivation is a big problem for people that follow that line of logic. I'd say that a person that overcomes that particular lapse in judgment is somewhat heroic. Also, it can be said that a person that seeks help (of their own will) for their disorders from a psychologist is not very narcissistic at all.

Nocturn wrote:

Again, I demand sources.

Couldn't hurt.
SwimmingTrunks's Comic: Antagonist | Save Internet Radio
Laura's website: Seraph Child | Help Fight Hate
Thy Brilliance
Keenspot Juggernaut

Mild is an awesome word for a doctor to use.

Postby Thy Brilliance on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:47 am

By the way Tensu, were you born via caesarean, or the "dreaded tongs."

Just curious.
SwimmingTrunks's Comic: Antagonist | Save Internet Radio
Laura's website: Seraph Child | Help Fight Hate
Thy Brilliance
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tensu of the moon on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:09 am

dreaded tongs? never heard of 'em so I'll assume no.

@nocturn
arrogance? that's a new one. never really been called arrogant before. If you think haveing faith in my opinion and my own ability makes me arrogant then you've never met an arrogant person. I am headstrong, at times, even stubborn. but I wouldn't say arrogant.

and I never said I thought mental handicaps should be called handicaps. the only time any problems occur is when socity can't or won't accept them.

If you're looking for my flaws they are as follows:
short temper
antisocial
low heat tolerance
poor grammer
control freak

there. if you need something to make fun of to make you feel important, make fun of those.

as far as sources go my parents found most of them. I do remember Einstien and stonewall were on the list of famous people who probbobly had OCD but not the medical tech or info to realize it.

as far as my antisocial behavior is conserned, it dosen't stem from my OCD per say, but rather from others inability to accept or understand it. it's different, it's strange, it's uneccicary and I like it just fine that way. this leads some people to like me and others to hate my guts. but I find those who hate me because I enjoy being different are ussally stupid, foolish, or shallow and I see no need to interact with someone who thinks being different is a problem that needs fixing other than to keep them from hurting themselves and others with this opinion.

if you consider blindly lashing out against people you don't know on forums your "thing" that's fine. I'll respect that. but keep in mind that everyone has thier opinions and thier "things" that result from years of thought and experiance that you can't expect to understand from a handfull of forum posts. just because the majority of humanity seems to be ignorant is by no means an excuse to judge people.
forgive my atrioucious spelling.

reads: goblins, bruno the bandit, antihero for hire, darken, banished!, elf only inn, comic i refuse to mention as part of a protest of the belittleing and demeaning use of the word God.

Quote-"let's face it, sci-fi and fantasy fans love to complain about works of fiction. I know I do"-Tarol Hunt

oh, and in case you where wondering, there is a God.
Tensu of the moon
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nocturn on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:02 am

Eh, fair enough. I tend to jump to conclusions, that's one of my flaws.

And I'd still like to see some sources to your claims.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby David_McGuire on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Thunt wrote:David, when they sat me down and explained to me that my son had a form of autism called aspergers, I wish you'd been there.
We both know you don't even HAVE a son and have ever been to a doctor in your life!
Image?
David_McGuire
Keenspot Despot

Re:

Postby TheCapitan on Thu May 06, 2010 12:02 pm

David_McGuire wrote:
Thunt wrote:David, when they sat me down and explained to me that my son had a form of autism called aspergers, I wish you'd been there.
We both know you don't even HAVE a son and have ever been to a doctor in your life!

Are you serious? Thunt has TWO boys, and it's ridiculous to claim he's never been to a doctor in his life. *sniffs* I smell a troll.
TheCapitan
Junior Keenspotter

Re: LOOKING 4 ARTIST (4 new web comic)

Postby qwerts on Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:37 am

:(
Currently being Mean to YOU.
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Previous

Return to Keenspot Central