Is my comic Keenspot-material?

General discussion!

Moderators: Kisai, Chris Crosby

Forum rules
Keenspot is not responsible for content posted by members of the forum.

Postby Matt Wilson on Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:19 am

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm just putting it here on the main forum.<P>I was hoping someone could take a look at my comic(it's about a month in now) and tell me if it's the kind of comic that could catch on. It was going to have color Sundays but I never had time to do them, so those are sporatic. I'll fill you in on the backstory and then I'll give you the URL to check it.<P>The main backstory is that Matt Wilson(that would be me), a crazed fox-like human artist, creates 2 comic strips. One for him, and one for his friends. But things go crazy, so he self-inserts himself into one of the comics. He forms a gateway to what he thinks is his other comic. But during a discussion of his PPG-ripoffs, Matt stumbles upon a whole other world, where comic strip characters live out their lives outside their "jobs"(the comics themselves). But Matt is a cartoonist. Do the characters want their world revealed to the real world? Nope. What they plan on doing hasn't been revealed yet, however.<P>In the meanwhile, Matt's cancelled comic strip's characters find out that the evil Dead Alien, Matt's first sketchbook character, has set up a stronghold in the sky, and it is up to them to stop him at all costs.<P>So the main drive is story. And every 2 or 3 weeks there are "Diversion Weeks" where I break off from the plot and do something silly. An example is this week, Clipart Week, which is basically styled like Real Life, PVP, and other such strips made in Adobe Illustrator. Greg Dean cameos of course.<P>Go check it out, let me know what you think, tell me how I can improve it, blah blah blarg.<P>COMIC!!! <A HREF="http://www.blasto.net/comic!!!/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.blasto.net/comic!!!/</A> <P>and my email is deliriouswriter@aol.com, should Crosby or anyone else at Keenspot be intereested in picking this strip up.<P>----------
Matt Wilson
He's better than a breadbox!
THREE breadboxes even!
Matt Wilson
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Matt Wilson on Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:27 am

By the way, I was thinking about simply kissing major ass, but I figured, that can't be a benefit to either party, and your ass will get my germs, and my lips will now smell like asscheese. Yeah, no lip smoochin' for me.<P>By the way, visit Superosity! It's a super ultra mega nifty comic!<P>Okay, seriously though, Keenspot is a cool idea. I like that you guys aren't trying to be like BigPanda's list script, that was basically such a popularity contest.<P>Also, I was thinking of having guest artists draw Sunday strips for my comic, like Avalon does sometimes. But would anyone be interested in this prospect? My characters range from easy to draw to just bizarre. I'm curious, cause otherwise there will be either a longer b&w strip on Sunday, or a big empty void.<P>------------
Matt Wilson
About 80% more retzin than the leading Matt Wilsons!
Matt Wilson
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BoxJam on Tue Mar 28, 2000 2:25 am

Another way to convince them how cool you
are is to sign all your messages 'Lates...'.<P>Lates...
BoxJam
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gav on Wed Mar 29, 2000 2:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BoxJam:
<B>Another way to convince them how cool you
are is to sign all your messages 'Lates...'.<P>Lates...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Coolness comes from within. Lates comes from without. It is the Yin and the Yang. Meditate on that and you will find your own damn nirvana. Now chant the mantra...<P>Laaaaaaaaaates.......<P><P>------------------
Lates...<P><B>Darren "Gav" Bleuel</B>
(<A HREF="http://www.nukees.com/" TARGET=_blank>Nukees</A>)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby joshua_w on Wed Mar 29, 2000 3:58 am

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates.....<P>Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates.....<P>Nope. Isn't doing anything for me. Maybe I should try chanting something like 'cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese', or 'quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark' or something.<P>If lates is from without, and laaaaaaaaaaaaaates is from within, and bugs are from under rocks, then where the hell did 'Star Trek' come from?<P>My head hurts.<P>--Joshua W. Hammerstedt<P>------------------
______j______w___h___
"'Lates'? Why not 'On-Times'?"
<A HREF="http://geocities.com/insidejokecomics" TARGET=_blank>http://geocities.com/insidejokecomics</A>
Visit 'Inside Joke'!!
joshua_w
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Keenspot Central