Using ComicGenesis/KeenSpot as a mirror

General discussion!

Moderators: Kisai, Chris Crosby

Forum rules
Keenspot is not responsible for content posted by members of the forum.

Using ComicGenesis/KeenSpot as a mirror

Postby evilhare on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:13 pm

For those of you who are on CG or KS, is it harder or easier to use than it was a year or two ago? I once tried using CG about a year ago, but I had a LOT of problems with the cms and the ftp. My main comic is up to about 2k pageviews a day, and I'm wondering whether using CG for a mirror (and hopefully getting picked for KS) might be worth the trouble (or no trouble at all, as the case may be).

Insight and advice appreciated, snarky responses will be met with rotten cheesecake. ;P
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"My visions rob me of sleep, but fill me with unshakeable purpose."

http://www.darkfell.com
evilhare
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Using ComicGenesis/KeenSpot as a mirror

Postby Kisai on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:43 pm

evilhare wrote:For those of you who are on CG or KS, is it harder or easier to use than it was a year or two ago? I once tried using CG about a year ago, but I had a LOT of problems with the cms and the ftp. My main comic is up to about 2k pageviews a day, and I'm wondering whether using CG for a mirror (and hopefully getting picked for KS) might be worth the trouble (or no trouble at all, as the case may be).

Insight and advice appreciated, snarky responses will be met with rotten cheesecake. ;P

Keenspot is not Comicgenesis. Comicgenesis forums are located at http://forums.comicgenesis.com/ if you want information about Comicgenesis.

Keep in mind that Comicgenesis sites operate using static pages, which is why it's fast. Sites on Comicgenesis and Keenspot operate in a similar manner. No fancy CMS.
"The Guide" for ComicGenesis comics
Comic Genesis , free webcomic hosting.
*tag* you're IT!
Kisai
Cliche Catgirl Admin

Return to Keenspot Central