Page 1 of 1

What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:37 pm
by patjade
I suspect this is a glitch and will be fixed shortly, but the QuickKeen page seems to be the same as the Keenspot home page. Is this a glitch or did someone remove the ability to see the latest daily comics?

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:02 am
by DizneeDave
Yeah, QuickKeen is redirecting to the main page. QuickKeen is how I start every day. Somebody help? Anybody??

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:22 pm
by bunnyThor
It's actually been three or four days now. Is anything being done?

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:21 pm
by Kisai
bunnyThor wrote:It's actually been three or four days now. Is anything being done?


It's going to be retooled a little bit before being put back up.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 pm
by bunnyThor
Kisai wrote:
bunnyThor wrote:It's actually been three or four days now. Is anything being done?


It's going to be retooled a little bit before being put back up.


If it's an improvement, take all the time you want! :D

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:22 am
by Kisai
I have something in mind, but I'm just waiting for approval.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:58 am
by bunnyThor
Kisai wrote:I have something in mind, but I'm just waiting for approval.


It's always easier to ask forgiveness instead. :evilgrin:

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:23 pm
by Kisai
http://quickkeen.keenspot.com/start.php

I'm still doing work on it, and few comics update on sunday, but trust me it does get up there. For reference, "today" is everything that updated at midnight, unfortunately, the updater is not really aware of "what time" the comic is really updated at. I suppose a 24 hour moving window would be better.

Also you can start at other keenspot comics by affixing /quickkeen/ to their URL. Does not work on sub-comics without a subdomain.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:24 pm
by bunnyThor
Kisai wrote:http://quickkeen.keenspot.com/start.php

I'm still doing work on it, and few comics update on sunday, but trust me it does get up there. For reference, "today" is everything that updated at midnight, unfortunately, the updater is not really aware of "what time" the comic is really updated at. I suppose a 24 hour moving window would be better.

Also you can start at other keenspot comics by affixing /quickkeen/ to their URL. Does not work on sub-comics without a subdomain.


Looks good. Will there be more than one "day's" worth available? When one has to be off-line for a couple days in a row, it's nice to be able to catch up in the right order.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:46 am
by Kisai
bunnyThor wrote:
Kisai wrote:http://quickkeen.keenspot.com/start.php

I'm still doing work on it, and few comics update on sunday, but trust me it does get up there. For reference, "today" is everything that updated at midnight, unfortunately, the updater is not really aware of "what time" the comic is really updated at. I suppose a 24 hour moving window would be better.

Also you can start at other keenspot comics by affixing /quickkeen/ to their URL. Does not work on sub-comics without a subdomain.


Looks good. Will there be more than one "day's" worth available? When one has to be off-line for a couple days in a row, it's nice to be able to catch up in the right order.


Right now the date drop down reflects the last 7 updates for the comic you are currently viewing. As there is no tracking data yet to determine when each comic last updated, it's something I need to build still.

FYI, the previous version of quickkeen essentially ran autokeen twice and threw away most of the result, which wasn't very efficient.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 am
by DizneeDave
Any chance of an update on this? The "new" QuickKeen is barely functional, with many of the comics not working and requiring me to go back to the main QuickKeen page to skip to the next comic. Also, many of the comics are not updating and I get the pleasure of reloading the same comics day after day. The old QuickKeen worked *much* better.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:23 pm
by Kisai
DizneeDave wrote:Any chance of an update on this? The "new" QuickKeen is barely functional, with many of the comics not working and requiring me to go back to the main QuickKeen page to skip to the next comic. Also, many of the comics are not updating and I get the pleasure of reloading the same comics day after day. The old QuickKeen worked *much* better.



Please be more specific. I had other priorities. The only comic that might break quickkeen is Candi, as her comic is updated by a different mechanism at the moment, and I can't remove it from the list since her comic is in fact updating. Use the dropdown and select the next comic after candi.

I'll fix this once I move a few more comics to that server so that it updates the correct file.

Also, the old quickkeen was impossible to maintain and relied on keeping two copies of the comics in the system.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:17 am
by DizneeDave
Kisai wrote:
DizneeDave wrote:Any chance of an update on this? The "new" QuickKeen is barely functional, with many of the comics not working and requiring me to go back to the main QuickKeen page to skip to the next comic. Also, many of the comics are not updating and I get the pleasure of reloading the same comics day after day. The old QuickKeen worked *much* better.



Please be more specific. I had other priorities. The only comic that might break quickkeen is Candi, as her comic is updated by a different mechanism at the moment, and I can't remove it from the list since her comic is in fact updating. Use the dropdown and select the next comic after candi.

I'll fix this once I move a few more comics to that server so that it updates the correct file.

Also, the old quickkeen was impossible to maintain and relied on keeping two copies of the comics in the system.


The following sites do not work at all:

http://candicomics.com/quickkeen/
http://veiledtruths.com/quickkeen/ (This site loads, but does not display a comic)
http://clanofthecats.com/quickkeen/
http://friendlyhostility.com/quickkeen/


The following sites repeat every day whether or not they actually update:

http://gunshowcomic.com/quickkeen/
http://twolumps.net/quickkeen/
http://www.stripteasecomic.com/quickkeen/
http://toddandpenguin.com/quickkeen/
http://strangesomeone.com/quickkeen/
http://waywardsons.keenspot.com/quickkeen/ (This has not updated for me, ever)
http://dreamless.keenspot.com/quickkeen/
http://sketchies-comic.com/quickkeen/

I actually think every site repeats every day, whether or not they have updated. The previous is just a list of comics that have repeated *today*. I believe that if every comic did not update today that every comic would display anyway.

I hope this helps out.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:01 pm
by Kisai
DizneeDave wrote:The following sites do not work at all:

http://candicomics.com/quickkeen/
http://veiledtruths.com/quickkeen/ (This site loads, but does not display a comic)
http://clanofthecats.com/quickkeen/
http://friendlyhostility.com/quickkeen/


The following sites repeat every day whether or not they actually update:

http://gunshowcomic.com/quickkeen/
http://twolumps.net/quickkeen/
http://www.stripteasecomic.com/quickkeen/
http://toddandpenguin.com/quickkeen/
http://strangesomeone.com/quickkeen/
http://waywardsons.keenspot.com/quickkeen/ (This has not updated for me, ever)
http://dreamless.keenspot.com/quickkeen/
http://sketchies-comic.com/quickkeen/

I actually think every site repeats every day, whether or not they have updated. The previous is just a list of comics that have repeated *today*. I believe that if every comic did not update today that every comic would display anyway.

I hope this helps out.


Ok
Candi doesn't work because it's on a separate server, and only the quickkeen loader page is on that server, which means I can't fix it until I implement it.
http://veiledtruths.com/quickkeen/ needs to be fixed because of the directory structure used by the site
Clan of the cat's won't work because it's not on keenspot's server.
Friendly hostility doesn't even appear to be on keenspot due to the lack of header. The IP address isn't one of our servers, I'll check, but if it's no longer on keenspot I just have to delete it's entry.

For the second list, the comic isn't supposed to appear in the dropdown or goto the "next" button if it hasn't updated in 24 hours +/- a bit.
Gunshow - updated on the 19th.
Twolumps updated today
Striptease updated on the 19th
Todd and Penguin updated today
Strangesomeone shouldn't be in the list

Wayward sons, hasn't ... apparently updated, so I don't know why it's in the list
Dreamless updated on the 16th, but quickkeen is showing the wrong page, this is likely also due to a different setup.
Sketchies isn't autokeen driven, I use a completely different script to poll the update for it

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:50 pm
by macclint
Does QK only show the comics that have updated on each particular day?

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:10 pm
by Kisai
macclint wrote:Does QK only show the comics that have updated on each particular day?


Only the dropdown/list within a 24 hour window. In theory at least. If you goto a certain site and affix /quickkeen to it, it will show you what would be shown. Quickkeen, if directly accessed will only show the last 7 updates.

I'm moving the comics between servers, so quickkeen is broken on the server being moved "from". I might just have to delete the configuration for that server as it's bound to be out of date by now.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:40 am
by DizneeDave
Kisai wrote:
DizneeDave wrote:The following sites do not work at all:

http://candicomics.com/quickkeen/
http://veiledtruths.com/quickkeen/ (This site loads, but does not display a comic)
http://clanofthecats.com/quickkeen/
http://friendlyhostility.com/quickkeen/


The following sites repeat every day whether or not they actually update:

http://gunshowcomic.com/quickkeen/
http://twolumps.net/quickkeen/
http://www.stripteasecomic.com/quickkeen/
http://toddandpenguin.com/quickkeen/
http://strangesomeone.com/quickkeen/
http://waywardsons.keenspot.com/quickkeen/ (This has not updated for me, ever)
http://dreamless.keenspot.com/quickkeen/
http://sketchies-comic.com/quickkeen/

I actually think every site repeats every day, whether or not they have updated. The previous is just a list of comics that have repeated *today*. I believe that if every comic did not update today that every comic would display anyway.

I hope this helps out.


Ok
Candi doesn't work because it's on a separate server, and only the quickkeen loader page is on that server, which means I can't fix it until I implement it.
http://veiledtruths.com/quickkeen/ needs to be fixed because of the directory structure used by the site
Clan of the cat's won't work because it's not on keenspot's server.
Friendly hostility doesn't even appear to be on keenspot due to the lack of header. The IP address isn't one of our servers, I'll check, but if it's no longer on keenspot I just have to delete it's entry.

For the second list, the comic isn't supposed to appear in the dropdown or goto the "next" button if it hasn't updated in 24 hours +/- a bit.
Gunshow - updated on the 19th.
Twolumps updated today
Striptease updated on the 19th
Todd and Penguin updated today
Strangesomeone shouldn't be in the list

Wayward sons, hasn't ... apparently updated, so I don't know why it's in the list
Dreamless updated on the 16th, but quickkeen is showing the wrong page, this is likely also due to a different setup.
Sketchies isn't autokeen driven, I use a completely different script to poll the update for it


Candi directs to Devil's Panties instead of going forward to Count Your Sheep. Every comic displays every day, whether or not it has updated in the last 24 hours. I really would like to improve QuickKeen. Anything you need from me to help troubleshoot, just let me know.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:45 am
by DizneeDave
DizneeDave wrote:
Kisai wrote:
DizneeDave wrote:The following sites do not work at all:

http://candicomics.com/quickkeen/
http://veiledtruths.com/quickkeen/ (This site loads, but does not display a comic)
http://clanofthecats.com/quickkeen/
http://friendlyhostility.com/quickkeen/


The following sites repeat every day whether or not they actually update:

http://gunshowcomic.com/quickkeen/
http://twolumps.net/quickkeen/
http://www.stripteasecomic.com/quickkeen/
http://toddandpenguin.com/quickkeen/
http://strangesomeone.com/quickkeen/
http://waywardsons.keenspot.com/quickkeen/ (This has not updated for me, ever)
http://dreamless.keenspot.com/quickkeen/
http://sketchies-comic.com/quickkeen/

I actually think every site repeats every day, whether or not they have updated. The previous is just a list of comics that have repeated *today*. I believe that if every comic did not update today that every comic would display anyway.

I hope this helps out.


Ok
Candi doesn't work because it's on a separate server, and only the quickkeen loader page is on that server, which means I can't fix it until I implement it.
http://veiledtruths.com/quickkeen/ needs to be fixed because of the directory structure used by the site
Clan of the cat's won't work because it's not on keenspot's server.
Friendly hostility doesn't even appear to be on keenspot due to the lack of header. The IP address isn't one of our servers, I'll check, but if it's no longer on keenspot I just have to delete it's entry.

For the second list, the comic isn't supposed to appear in the dropdown or goto the "next" button if it hasn't updated in 24 hours +/- a bit.
Gunshow - updated on the 19th.
Twolumps updated today
Striptease updated on the 19th
Todd and Penguin updated today
Strangesomeone shouldn't be in the list

Wayward sons, hasn't ... apparently updated, so I don't know why it's in the list
Dreamless updated on the 16th, but quickkeen is showing the wrong page, this is likely also due to a different setup.
Sketchies isn't autokeen driven, I use a completely different script to poll the update for it


Candi directs to Devil's Panties instead of going forward to Count Your Sheep. Every comic displays every day, whether or not it has updated in the last 24 hours. I really would like to improve QuickKeen. Anything you need from me to help troubleshoot, just let me know.


Also, We Were Gone Astray does not display a comic, ever.

Re: What happened to QuickKeen?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:37 am
by Kisai
DizneeDave wrote:Candi directs to Devil's Panties instead of going forward to Count Your Sheep. Every comic displays every day, whether or not it has updated in the last 24 hours. I really would like to improve QuickKeen. Anything you need from me to help troubleshoot, just let me know.

Also, We Were Gone Astray does not display a comic, ever.


The problem is a little more complicated. The actual server half the comics are being served from is no longer updating the flatfiles that the other two servers use. It's more of a "need to fix A to fix B, and can't fix A since it would cause a massive disruption"